Top positive review
64 people found this helpful
All around good deal.
on August 17, 2010
- real leather.
- magnetic clasp attaches to the back of the case, so the arm is not in the way for normal viewing.
- Nook is held tightly, with all ports, buttons and screens easily accessible.
- Solid cover, should keep both screens save from bangs and sharp corners in a bag.
- Very slim, much thinner than B&N covers.
- when folding the cover over, it doesn't fold flush with the back cover, which may be awkward for some to hold.
- no particular protection for the top sleep button, which may be accidentally pressed in a bag.
- logo on the bottom right corner of the front cover. Small, but irksome.
- Black cover with gray interior accents the e-ink gray-tones nicely.
- While B&N covers all have (what is to me) an annoying sheath of sorts that holds the bottom quarter of the nook, this cover only has four corner notches. The device is held snugly, but it leads to a thinner and less obtrusive cover, and better access to the touchscreen.
- the pictures don't show it, but the magnetic clasp has a small button that rests snugly and doesn't wander around the back.
- I don't use any other accessories, like lights, so I can't comment on how they may fit.
The cover appears well made, with real leather. Note: if you look at the company's website, the Sienna version of this case is NOT leather, but this version is. So the comments on the tan version not being leather are true, but do not apply to this product. The stitching looks good, and the cover itself is very sturdy. A similar B&N cover (at nearly twice the price) does not have as sturdy of a cover as this product, nor the magnetic clasp. Overall, I'm pleased with the cover, and at this price, it was a great buy.