Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on August 17, 2010
Pros:
- real leather.
- magnetic clasp attaches to the back of the case, so the arm is not in the way for normal viewing.
- Nook is held tightly, with all ports, buttons and screens easily accessible.
- Solid cover, should keep both screens save from bangs and sharp corners in a bag.
- Very slim, much thinner than B&N covers.

Cons:
- when folding the cover over, it doesn't fold flush with the back cover, which may be awkward for some to hold.
- no particular protection for the top sleep button, which may be accidentally pressed in a bag.
- logo on the bottom right corner of the front cover. Small, but irksome.

Other:
- Black cover with gray interior accents the e-ink gray-tones nicely.
- While B&N covers all have (what is to me) an annoying sheath of sorts that holds the bottom quarter of the nook, this cover only has four corner notches. The device is held snugly, but it leads to a thinner and less obtrusive cover, and better access to the touchscreen.
- the pictures don't show it, but the magnetic clasp has a small button that rests snugly and doesn't wander around the back.
- I don't use any other accessories, like lights, so I can't comment on how they may fit.

Conclusions:

The cover appears well made, with real leather. Note: if you look at the company's website, the Sienna version of this case is NOT leather, but this version is. So the comments on the tan version not being leather are true, but do not apply to this product. The stitching looks good, and the cover itself is very sturdy. A similar B&N cover (at nearly twice the price) does not have as sturdy of a cover as this product, nor the magnetic clasp. Overall, I'm pleased with the cover, and at this price, it was a great buy.
11 comment|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2010
The Nook cover looks nice and is functional. However, there is one serious design flaw. The inside flap sticks out and rubs against screen when closing. In fact, it had already scratched the coating on my display before I caught the problem. I glued the flap down with super glue and now it okay.
on October 25, 2010
This case for the Nook is high quality and very sturdy. The clasp that holds it closed has a magnetic snap to keep it in place. It snaps on the back of the case, not the front. This ensures that the metal snap does not touch the Nook screen. This neat design feature reduces the chance for damaging your Nook. The cover will also fold all the way behind the nook, which keeps the cover from getting it in the way if you read lying down. I think this case rivals the quality of the more expensive cases at a very reasonable price.
on July 29, 2010
I ordered the Sienna (tan) leather case (http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Barnes-Noble-Sienna-Leather/dp/B000BDJGN8/ref=pd_cp_e_2) to match my PDA's case, but received the black one instead from Boxwave. Also took about a week longer than promised. Regardless, I am pleased with what I did receive. Case appears to be well made, yet inexpensive compared to $60+ cases. It is thin enough to allow a Lyra Light (available from the maker of the Nook) to clip on the right-hand side. My light is also black (Night), so I think the black case matches better anyway. As mentioned in another review, possibly for Kindle version, the magnetic clasp is on the back vs the front. As the placement on the front would be over the viewscreen, it is in a more logical location. Front cover appears to be stiff enough to protect the screens.
on January 4, 2011
I liked this cover until I brought my Nook on vacation, and had two occasions when the Nook fell out of the case. This happens because while two of the corners are held in with elastic straps, the other two straps are fashioned with strips of cloth that are sown in the shape of a pocket, and both of them quickly became loose with wear. Based on that problem, I cannot recommend this product.
on May 26, 2011
This case is a solid 4. It makes your Nook look good, feel good and now you can discretely read on the bus or subway cause it looks like you are reading a book (although it looks like an agenda).

It could be perfect if it had a hole for the earphones (I think this case was not made for the Nook Color specifically and you can cut a hole on the strap quite easily), it could have an option to turn it into a stand (vertical or horizontally). It actually kind of stands on its own but I wouldnt trust using it like that for too long.
on May 1, 2011
Not a bad quality cover for the price and the shipping was quick. But, I bought this cover for my Nook Color based on one of the reviews that said it "fit their nook color perfect" but it is not made for the Color version at all. The Nook Color will hang out slightly and the elastic strap that holds it in on the top left will go right over the power button. In all fairness, the seller never said that it fit the Color version, I only "assumed" that it did based on a review (my fault completely). On the bright side, I have both the color and the 3g nook and the cover on the old one was getting worn out anyway so now I have a nice new one to put on it.

Don't let the "chemical" smell that some commented on stop you from buying this for your original nook, it is a nice leather cover for half the price of one from B&N. I opened it yesterday when it arrived, and by this morning that smell is gone.

Overall, nice leather cover for the original Nook from a good seller at a very reasonable price.
on July 5, 2011
I cannot understand any negative reviews on this product whatsoever. It is reasonably priced and outstanding quality. I haven't had this one long, but it is my second one. The first held up well even after months of use.
on December 30, 2012
The only thing that is funky on this product is the magnetic clasp. At first I thought I had it backwards, but it is as the picture shows in the ad. The strap folds behind to the right. . .

This doesn't bother me in the least and the product protects my Nook for travel. The exterior is soft and easy to grip. The interior is has a suede feel to it. I love the side pocket- great for putting odds and ends or a slim line note pad.

Good buy for the price. :)
on October 12, 2010
This is a REAL leather case, the nook fits perfectly in it, and it has a metal clasp that binds it. Nothing about this case is cheap. Expext to pay over $35 for this at B&N or Best buy...one of the best deals on amazon.

Shipping was slow, but that is not the cases fault. If you have a nook, get one of these now. I hear the brown one is NOT real leather so be aware of that. This black one is authentic for sure.