Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Boxer feat. Mumford & Sons and Paul Simon
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on September 6, 2012
It is nearly impossible to improve a Paul Simon tune. Mumford and Sons brought it to life. Stunning instrumentals and his voice has the perfect gravity for the characters in this song. Covers are not worth doing unless you can approve the song somehow. This particular cover shows that you can go above and beyond that goal.
..this is one of my favorite songs of all time. I've seldom felt that artists who attempted to cover it were successful at capturing the anger and the longing of the narrator in the way that Simon and Garfunkel did.

That is, until I heard this version. Marcus Mumford adds the perfect mix of of edge and pathos to this superb cover an iconic American song.

Awesome rendition!
on September 21, 2012
"The Boxer" happens to be one of my all time favorite songs, and Mumford and Sons are currently one of my favorite bands... simple math my friends, simple math, lol !!!
on October 13, 2012
When musicians of this caliber join forces, I'm delighted but unsurprised with phenomenal results. I was a bit nervous about someone covering S&G because it's done so poorly most of the time but this track was an exception. Support music-making like this!
on December 29, 2012
Full disclosure - do not know much about Mumford and Sons, but love Jerry Douglas so this song caught my ear. It is a beautiful rendition of this classic tune, you can't help but crank it up and sing along. Worth every penny.
on April 5, 2013
I admit, I don't often like when others sing a song that is truly one of my favorite songs. The Boxer is in my top ten all time favorites.....but I love Mumford and Sons and when I heard this, I got chills. Exceeded my expectations. This is such a great, great song.
on December 29, 2012
Well I never thought I would enjoy a cover of my favorite Paul Simon song The Boxer, but I was wrong. My favorite current band, Mumford & Sons, not only pay homage to the original- they kick it up a notch..in their own indelible way. Just fabulous!
on December 3, 2013
I love this band! I do wish when they remade The Boxer that they did not omit the beautiful crash of the symbol that makes the song so amazing. The new version leaves me feeling like something is missing.
on February 21, 2013
It's Hard to improve upon a great song but Mumford and Son have hit this out of the park. I never realized the story within the song before but it is beautifuly tragic and brought to life by his voice. Well done!!
on October 7, 2012
Let's see, Jerry Douglas playing an achingly lovely dobro, Mumford and Sons contributing heartfelt vocals, and, oh, yes, that's Paul Simon himself on guitar and backing vocals. "The Boxer" is one of Simon & Garfunkel's best songs. This cover is a gorgeous, gorgeous tribute.