Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Boy Remaster is woefully short

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 27, 2008 4:34:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2008 4:54:45 AM PDT
INCA says:
Since most of the b-sides and rarities are from the 1978-1979 sessions, I don't see what would be so hard to include the rest of the Kid Jensen and BBC sessions. The missing tracks are:

Dream Is Over
The Fool
Pete the Chop (National Stadium Dublin 1980)
Jack In the Box
False Prophet
Magic Carpet ('Judith, No Man's Land')
In Your Hand (from Eamon Dunnphy's book)
Hang Up! (from Eamon Dunphy's book)
Night Fright (from Eamon Dunphy's book)- possible it's "Saturday Night"?
Concentration Cramp (from Eamon Dunphy's book)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2008 5:53:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2008 5:55:41 AM PDT
I figured Saturday Night was the Bay City Rollers cover that they used to play in their live sets early on. I'm actually very happy with what they included for the Boy and October bonus discs. My only concern is that the Paradise Theatre tracks on the October disc are actually from the 3/6/81 show and not the October tour (fall 1981). The 3/6/81 tracks have already been released in the iTunes box set and as b-sides to the Sweetest Thing single.

The War bonus disc is an abomination. How could they release remixes when they have extensive live recordings available? There must be outtakes from War as well. Anything but remixes!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 6:23:42 AM PDT
About the extensive live recordings from the War tour, Amazon.com is listing that a deluxe expanded remaster of U2's live EP "Under A Blood Red Sky" is slated to be released on September 30, 2008 in 3 formats (CD, 2CD, and LP). It may include extra tracks from their classic Red Rocks concert. The DVD debut of the Red Rocks concert is also rumored to be due for release around the same time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 27, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 25, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Boy [Vinyl]
Boy [Vinyl] by U2 (Vinyl - 1990)
4.6 out of 5 stars (161)