Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on January 1, 2013
This set differs from the Knifty Knitter and has some very positive points, there are some points that I am not super jazzed about also, but at it's price point im cool with it.

1. The pegs come out, as in they are removable. As in if you don't press em in really tight they might slip out while knitting. This is different then the knifty Knitter I have in that the pegs in that loom are not removable. In fact I bought this to replace it because a peg broke (got stepped on) on my KK loom. You can remove pegs etc which is a nice feature also the loom opens up into two pieces which is cool if you want to panel knit or move a large ball of working yarn from inside to outside.

2. The overall texture is smother and slipperier then the KK, I happen to like this, some people probably won't. the KK brand looms are more textured, the heads are bigger on KK pegs also. I knit loosely and quickly so the small heads speed up my process. For some this could be frustrating.

3. As an earlier reviewer stated you can't really select a gauge for this type of loom (can't on it's major competitors either) and everything could be done on the largest (orange) loom if you wanted. I find that a smaller loom is easier to work with and typically select the smallest loom possible for my project.

Again at the price this set is pretty fun.
on January 23, 2012
The pegs can be easily broken. I doubt that it can be used for something heavier than a scarf. I was careful with it and it broke in the middle of my scarf project. Also the sides of the looms are caving in. Since Knifty Knitters are hard to find peoole have been getting this brand. Don't. Suck it up and buy a better brand so that you will have a great experience knitting.
44 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2012
I begged my father for this loom "set" for Christmas. Here it is New Year's Day and I'm already searching for my next loom acquisition and deciding whether or not I need to confess to him. :o

My main complaints:
1) It is impossible to alter the stitch gauge. Boye seemed to have had this option in mind, but unfortunately they only allowed one side to be adjustable! Additionally, all four (4) pieces have the exact same inside measurement.
2) Because of the above static measurement, you're basically receiving - storing and paying for - three (3) "extra" pieces of plastic. I came to this conclusion as it states in the provided instructions that you only need to wrap the loops to the desired length (meaning that you can simply knit 8 3/4" on the 27 1/2" loom).
3) The placement of the "anchor: (aka: the "slip stitch catch") is extremely awkward! Why isn't it just placed to the left of the starting peg instead of on the opposite side? Oh wait, It can workout correctly, but the instructions are written to knit left to right instead of right to left :(

I'm on my way to the internet to check out: Kiss Looms & the Authentic Knitting Board

Good luck in your decision making and shopping!
:D
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2014
I honestly loved it. Within two days of opening the box I've made two scarves (and i have been working on them when I have time) and they are really good to work on projects you need quick. I knitted with needles and I honestly love this! It keeps everything in place. If your thinking of getting it I recommend it even if you are a first time user like myself you can find a small book inside to help you with the two basic stitches easy to read instructions
on March 31, 2015
I really liked these looms. I read such bad reviews because of the hooks at the top of the pegs. People complained that the pegs were loose. First of all, the pegs are also loose on other brands. I DO NOT GLUE my pegs in at all. But you can use super glue if it bothers you. I never have a peg come loose while knitting or break. The key is not to wrap the yarn too tight. The hooks at the top of the pegs comes in handy when I am e-wrapping the pegs. I can easily push down my yarn. Once in awhile I use the pick to push the yarn down.

I really like the fact that the looms open up to make a long rake. When knitting a panel this is very handy. The only reason I did not give this review 5 stars is because on two of the looms there is a problem getting in the holding peg when they are extended. The mold was off. But what I did was use a golf tee and put it in the hole through the bottom to hold the loom open. It also makes it easier to wrap the yarn around the middle pegs.

I find that for the price, these are good looms. Just keep your yarn lose enough to easily slide over the pegs.
on April 10, 2013
Ok I want to start off by saying I bought this at joanns with a 50% coupon (and at $24.99 that a lot of money saved with the coupon). Now with that said if this only retailed for maybe $13 at most it would be ok but it does not.so what you have is a expensive cheap ass plastic long loom set.A few of the pegs can slip out easily (i don't know why at this point I thought that the pegs would stay firmly stuck in the looms). I have only had this for maybe 2 weeks and have only started using it in the last 4 days.I have been making a baby blanket with Bernat baby blanket number#6 yarn.all my wraps and knits/purls have been loose (as to easily slip the yarn over the pegs) one peg snapped not even 1/4 the way into the baby blanket I'm making then 1/2 into it the right corner of the loom snapped :(..I have treated this thing with kid gloves and it pisses me off this would break with light use (but then again it's cheap ass plastic)..now I'll admit I'm not the most experienced user around but with light use and very loose yarn this should not have happened in my option.with that said I plan on buying a better loom and try to finish my baby blanket on this craptastic loom set.so in this case Im saving my money to buy a better loom set!.
on December 24, 2014
This has certainly expanded my knitting. I would recommend buying the book by Boye, I Taught Myself Loom Knitting as it comes with good pictures and instructions plus a DVD showing how to do stitches.
on March 20, 2016
The pegs do not have rounded tops like other looms I've seem. The tops look like the hook end of a crochet needle, (see photo below) and it makes it very hard for me at least, to work the loom. I am very disappointed because I was looking forward to making scarves and blankets, and ordinary knitting or crocheting is beyond me. Also the minimal instructions that came with it are confusing - and in black and white, making it doubly hard to tell what the heck the instructions mean. Many of the pegs are loose, and they are not a hard plastic as the round looms, but soft and flexible. I took a real risk because I ordered the Boye round loom set and had some problems right away with pegs coming out and even breaking. Amazon refunded my purchase cost, and since the product gets such generally good reviews, I thought I would give them one more shot. Very disappointed. Spend more money and get something worthwhile.
review image
on March 17, 2013
I have already made a scarf and hat, now I am working on a purse - I love this thing, when I had thought I had lost my ability to crochet thanks to sever RA your LOOM gave it back to me. Oh, I know it is not true crochet - but I still feel like I am some what making something...
on January 18, 2012
Bought this for our nine-year-old daughter, who has done some basic hand knitting, for about year. I thought i ("mom") could help get her going with this colorful set, her Christmas present. The instructions that come with this kit are useless. They are so small, they might as well not be there at all. The "photos", are little, tiny, half-inch tall, faded, blurry black-and-white pictures. Unless you already know how to use the items included, you certainly will not enjoy this kit. Typical made-in-china piece of junky-junk.
44 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse