5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it!
I am a Children's lay pastor. I spent hours looking for Bibles for kids in the 8-16 year-old range. I had my 9-year-old son helping me, and we looked at all sorts of "kid-friendly" Bibles. I wanted something with the complete, undiluted Truth, but with some extras that draw kids into the Bible. My son eagerly wanted to take this Bible to school with him.

This...
Published on September 29, 2004 by Craig

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy the hardcover version
We like the Bible itself but the paperback cover started curling immediately and we are very disappointed with that. My son doesn't like the Bible so much as a result.
Published on March 29, 2007 by David WIERDA

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it!, September 29, 2004
Craig (Holly Springs, NC, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boys Bible (NIV), The (Hardcover)

This bible grabs the attention of boys. Like the 2:52 books that have recently been published that include "Bible Weapons and Wars", "Bible Heroes & Bad Guys", and many others; this Bible draws boys to the things they're interested in and makes them want to read the Bible to find out more.

Unlike another reviewer that said it's awful to have the "grossology" next to the Word of God, I find that the extra content draws chldren in and helps them make sense of what happened several centuries before. I don't see it as belittling God's Word, but rather encouraging kids to get more out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would've paid triple the price, March 14, 2006
This review is from: Boys Bible (NIV), The (Hardcover)
This Bible is THAT good. Both my 8 yr old and my 11 yr old love their copies, and they're spending more time "browsing around" because it's interesting and well laid-out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally...something my son will read, September 7, 2003
Amazon Customer (Rochester, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boys Bible (NIV), The (Hardcover)
My son was never interested in reading the Bible until this book. He started reading the "Gross" sections first. He was so interested in the statements, he continued to read the passages surrounding the topic. This is a must for any young man to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Rocks out loud YO! *actual quote from a 10 year old boy*, January 18, 2007
DeeVah (Northern Cali United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boys Bible (NIV), The (Hardcover)
The first time my son took this Bible to his Awana group meeting, he said that his friends wanted to know where I got it because they were going to ask for one! It was a huge hit with my son and it's gotten him reading his bible regularly. The Gross factor is pretty cool and I often catch my son and husband comparing some of the gross-ities. There are so many great features in this bible, like the blurbs about the way real life was in biblical times and and it's tailor made for the way boys see the world. It really does help them to understand God's word and how even a 10 year old boy has a place in God's plan. I say if you are looking for a Bible that your 9-12 year old will actually use, GET THIS BIBLE! To quote my son "It rocks out loud YO!"

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kid Loved it!!, March 7, 2006
Braunwynn B. Staples (Lawrenceville, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boys Bible (NIV), The (Hardcover)
My son was thrilled to pieces!! He reads the make it stick portions that teach you how to apply the bible to every day life.. This is a must for boys 8-12!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!, March 15, 2008
A. Triplett "twinmom" (Southern Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boys Bible (NIV), The (Hardcover)
My twin boys received this Bible for their 7th birthdays. They got out of bed the morning after their party and asked if they could go read their Bibles (the first Bibles they have owned). They stopped playing games several times during the day to sit down and read the Bible. They have talked about Noah being 600 years old, and God creating the earth and then man to take care of it, and have said they haven't read about Jesus yet but they are sure they will get to Him soon. I am SOOO impressed by this interest they are showing. They want to read it all the way through by their 8th birthday.

What I have read in the extra sidebars, INCLUDING the "grossology" stuff,
is TREMENDOUS analogies, explanations, and verbal/visual aids to help people (notice I said people, not boys) learn more about the Bible stories and their life applications.

Hmmm...isn't learning the life applications of the Bible the MAIN REASON we buy Bibles in the first place?

AWESOME, SWEET, or any other word you use to mean "FIVE STARS". I can't say it enough, and hopefully it will be one stepping stone to eternal life for my boys and yours!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book for Young Christians, December 7, 2005
This review is from: Boys Bible (NIV), The (Hardcover)
My son received this Bible when he was 8. He loves it. He especially enjoys all the extras that are included and will often turn to those and then read the Scriptures that go along with it. The "grossology" parts do not diminish from God's word at all. Rather, it allows the child to understand things at their level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Bible, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Boys Bible (NIV), The (Paperback)
My son (8 Yrs.) loves his Bible. It has "cool" gross facts and neat stuff that boys really enjoy. He takes it with him all the time. This is something that is new to him. He loves to look through and find the cool side notes. That encourages him to read further. He even challenges adults on the neat facts. I would recommend it to anyone buying for a school age boy. It really encourages them to get into the Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for pre-teen boys, February 16, 2008
Christina (california coast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boys Bible (NIV), The (Hardcover)
My son is 11 and this bible is perfect for him. He hasn't put it down since it arrived. The "Godstops" at the bottom of some of the pages helps him to relate scripture to his own life. And the Gross! write-ups on some of the pages (like camels being fantastic spitters that can hold 21 gallons of water) give him insight on animals and things of the bible he might of otherwise missed. And how perfectly titled, "Gross!" It was enough to even grab MY attention! The text is descent size, the coloring is cool, and the first page of each book answers questions such as: Who wrote this book, what happens in this book, what do we learn about God in this book, when did it happen, where did it happen, and what are some stories in this book.

Overall, I highly recommend this bible for boys! Thanks, Zonderkidz!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bible, February 6, 2010
This review is from: Boys Bible (NIV), The (Hardcover)
I bought this Bible for my 10 year old son for Christmas and he loves it. He's actually reading it without me asking him to! The side notes makes the Bible more relevant to his age-group while not changing anything that should not be changed.

Boys Bible (NIV), The
Boys Bible (NIV), The by Rick Osborne (Hardcover - September 1, 2002)
Used & New from: $3.73