Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2011 3:57:43 PM PST
I have had this book for several years and am reading it once again. I have a problem with it. The problem is; What can I read next that will take me back to the magical world of childhood in a small town the way this book does? I loved A Prayer For Owen Meaney too but Boy's Life is even better, in fact the best! "It" was okay. I don't want to finish Boy's Life again so I read a page or two at a time like sips of the last bottle of fine wine. I would like suggestions on new reading that is about small town childhood in America. How lucky we were to have grown up in the 40's and 50's and experienced life at such a wonderous and uncomplicated time. We were out adventuring and not sitting in front of the TV or computer playing video games. We had magical bikes and could perform super feats using a towel for a cape and a stick for a sword. I am sorry that todays children can't find those same simple pleasures and laugh at us for even thinking that they were so great.

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 1:35:39 PM PST
Darth Chap says:
Try "The Bottoms" by Joe R. Lansdale.

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 8:28:05 AM PDT
I recommend Hearts in Atlantis by King - and for nonfiction, but oh-so-funny try Bill Bryson's books set in US.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Boy's Life
Boy's Life by Robert R. McCammon (Paperback - March 25, 1993)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (719)