5.0 out of 5 stars Great magazine!
I was surprised at the low reveiws for this magazine and had to write to say that my three boys (ages 10 to 14) fight over who is going to read it first when an issue arrives. We've not subscribed to any other magazine that my boys are as enthusiastic about.
Published on March 7, 2006 by ~JudyR

3.0 out of 5 stars Good magazine for boy scouts
My son is a Boy Scout and really enjoys this magazine. Jokes and puzzles are probably more appropriate for Cub age than the big boys but my son still thinks they are funny. A lot like the scout skits.
Published on February 5, 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great magazine!, March 7, 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Magazine, June 8, 2006
This review is from: Boys Life (Magazine)
This magazine is a great one. My son (age 7) looks for it in the mailbox and when it arrives he reads it cover to cover. He particularly likes the section about scouts saving their leaders or scouts helping scouts. It is an interesting book. It has badges you can earn at times and hints and helps and advice for a variety of scouting type activities and events.

Enjoy.

Well worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good magazine for boy scouts, February 5, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Boys Life (Magazine)
Not sure I would pay the money to subscribe on my own - he gets it from his scout troop. It is a healthy, wholesome magazine though and there are VERY few of those out there for boys this age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile subscription, November 7, 2007
This review is from: Boys Life (Magazine)
My 8 year old son is obsessed with this magazine. He spends a good portion of his free time scouring over his new & back issues. It really keeps his attention & keeps him quiet! He always gets so excited when a new one comes. Well worth the $ if you have a boy who likes scouting.

1.0 out of 5 stars *very* disappointed in this magazine and BSA, January 3, 2009
This review is from: Boys Life (Magazine)
This is my 9 yos first year of Cub Scouts (Webelos), and we were all very excited for this new opportunity. I went ahead and ordered Boys Life when I registered my son for scouts, looking forward to a monthly magazine that would reinforce the Scout values. I am very, very disappointed. The amount of advertising is disturbing. It seems that for every 1-2 pages of content there is an equal (if not more) amount of advertising. The few articles that I've read have been interesting, but not at the expense of over-exposure to pop culture and media. Shame on you, BSA, for failing to reinforce the values that your organization promotes during den and pack meetings. One look at this magazine, and the values I see promoted are consumerism and video gaming. This will be the last year that I waste $24 on this magazine.

1.0 out of 5 stars My boy's life won't include Boys Life, November 12, 2008
This review is from: Boys Life (Magazine)
I was really disappointed with this magazine because it is so full of advertisements and blatant "product placement." It seems to promote "pop culture" and related attitudes rather than truly exploring nature and values. Sadly, aside from Boys Quest (which is too young for my son), I haven't found another magazine aimed at the 10-14 year-old boy. For those who have really open-minded, secure boys, or progressive girls, I recommend New Moon Magazine -- it's an outstanding ad-free pub.

5.0 out of 5 stars great magazine for kids with a bit of everything, August 19, 2014
This review is from: Boys Life (Magazine)
Great magazine, tons of stuff on a bunch of topics, handiwork, community service recognition, comics, health, outdoors activities/ survival, how to deal with social issues etc. all done entertainingly and wholesomely. There's a section for video games every month and some toys too. I think it's funny some people are complaining about the adds, looks like they're on a mission or something to dis the magazine. the funny thing is, the adds are a great way for me to find toys, games and especially books (which I think are the majority of the adds) that are geared toward me. the people complaining probably aren't fans/customers of the mag or products anyway.
There's also sections on nature and animals often as well. Oh and a fiction section with a short story with different writers and artists every month. it's a a well rounded magazine and I think a really good gift for kids maybe 6 and up.

1.0 out of 5 stars If there was an option for zero stars this would earn it!, January 7, 2005
This review is from: Boys Life (Magazine)
This magazine is inundated with advertising. The few articles that do exist are saturated with trend ideals and sparcely include the moral values that the Boy Scout organization is said to imply. I am disappointed that the BS organization is willing to be associated with such junk, and supports yet another venue for exploiting funds from its particpants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gift ever...., August 9, 2014
This review is from: Boys Life (Magazine)
Reading.... has been my gift to my My 9 year old nephew ( for the past 5 yrs) he loves a magazine subscription as a birthday gift. He says it reminds him every month that I'm thinking of him.
This one he really likes because it's all about boys and their achievements.
He finds it motivating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grrreat!!!!!, March 3, 2012
This review is from: Boys Life (Magazine)
My Nephew is 8yrs.old and loves this magazine. His sister gets American girl and he felt left out so I ordered this one for him.He reads it cover to cover.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›