“If you want to raise a boy you’ll be proud of, read Boys Should Be Boys.
“Filled with inspirational vignettes, Boys Should Be Boys
empowers parents to stay involved and protect their sons’ innocence. It’s a wonderfully written and eye-opening book–a must-read.”—Neil Bernstein, Ph.D., author of There When He Needs You
--This text refers to the
From the Inside Flap
Let Boys Be Boys
Boyhood used to be a time of freedom and fun--of catching bullfrogs, playing tackle football, and roaming the woods--but not anymore. Rambunctious, high-spirited boys--healthy boys--nowadays face an increasingly hostile world that doesn't value the unique gifts of boys, that discounts their masculine virtues, and that undermines what boys need to become mature, confident, and thoughtful men. In Boys Should Be Boys, Meg Meeker, pediatrician and author of the critically acclaimed Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters, unlocks the secrets of what parents can do to restore some of the magic of boyhood and help their son become the man they want him to be. In Boys Should Be Boys, Dr. Meeker reveals:
* Why the most important factor in shaping your son's behavior isn't "peer pressure" (it's you)
* How to preserve your son's innocence (and why it's essential to help him grow up)
* Why boys need less, not more--whether it's computer games, organized sports, or lessons
* How to talk to your son--the pitfalls that moms and dads face
* Why it's not normal for teenage boys to be moody and rebellious
* Why teaching your son about virtue isn't an option, it's a necessity
Full of practical advice and examples from her own medical practice of more than twenty years, Dr. Meg Meeker reminds moms and dads that there is no greater blessing--and no greater responsibility--than raising healthy, strong young men. In Boys Should Be Boys
, she shows you how.