Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brand New Canon Bp-511, Bp-511a, Bp-508, Bp-512, Bp-514 Camera & Camcorder Battery Home Travel Rapid Charger with Car Adapter
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 26, 2009
Since receiving the items I have had several charges on
the batteries, they have held up as well as the higher
price units. I would recommend these items.
on February 13, 2012
Well, we all know that we get what we pay for, right? This was super cheap and it feels like it. The battery does not dock firmly into the unit no matter how much I try. It feels as if the battery will drop out at the least provocation without even touching the unit. However, the price was incredibly cheap and I have another charger. I was more interested in the car adapter for emergencies.
on February 23, 2012
We were charging our battery and after a little while a stream of smoke started to stream out of the charger. Buyers be ware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And because it been longer than 30 days since i bought it, I can't return it.
on February 1, 2010
I purchased the charger to charge the Camera battery on an old Canon G2 camera. I lost the original charger, but the camera still works perfectly. I decided to give this product a try and have been very pleased with its performance. I have used it several times without incident. It charges the battery fully and it about the same amount of time as the original charger. The construction doesn't feel very durable but so far it has performed perfectly. I always keep an eye on it when it is plugged in in case of malfunction.
on January 30, 2010
It's hard to get terribly excited about a battery charger, so I'll keep this brief. It is significantly smaller than the original Canon charger that came with my first generation Digital Rebel, and it plugs directly into the wall, which saves space. The car charger is a nice bonus for some, but I'll probably never use it. Batteries are a little tough to snap into place, but the charger works as described. Price is unbelievably low -- it's worth the money just for a backup charger you can keep stashed in your bag.
on January 7, 2012
This is not a Canon Brand Charger. I would have wanted to know that before purchasing. It is a no name charger made in China for use with a Canon battery, all the ones listed, but it is not a BRAND NEW CANON as listed, it looks titled wrong, it is not made by Canon anywhere on it. it is Brand New for a Canon Battery. The real Canon Battery BP511A that I have fits loosely in the charger, it works. So it is a cheaper version and fine for the money.
on June 4, 2011
I am pretty much a "company man" when it comes to my Canon camera gear. I have learned to mistrust anything that is not from "the source." I read the other cautionary reviews. The recharger I received on June 1 (promise ship date of June 6 2011) comes with no instructions and is made of a thin plastic. The swivel hinge for the wall plug does not have a good stop so it turns too easily. That's the worst. I found my battery snapped in, the charge lights green and red worked just fine. It charges quickly as my camera meter shows. When I left it charging overnight, the battery and charger the next day were cool. My worry is that it would be raging hot. And a car adapter to boot. Very satisfied. For the price I am floored.
on February 1, 2010
Bought this for a hand-me-down Canon D60 and it's worked as advertised. Used it on 2 separate batteries fully charging each with zero problems. The added car charger was also a bonus.
on April 24, 2014
I'm not 100% sure if it was the charger or the batteries but the batteries would not hold a charge for more than ten minutes. I should have returned them but did not. Not sure why but it was a busy time for me and I think I just let them sit around to long before making the call or sending them back. The original Canon charger worked great so I do not know what is up with this one.
on December 23, 2009
As far as I can tell, the thing works like it's supposed to.
The only issue I've run into with it is making sure the battery
is securely seated in the forward position to make the charger
start the charging cycle. It's not a big deal if you are paying
attention, but it could sour a day if you just slap it in there,
expecting to have a charged battery for your shoot only to find
out it wasn't seated.

For the price though, you just can't complain. I'd recommend
this unit as a backup (which is why I purchased it) to the
Canon brand charger; keep it in your car or camera bag so you
always have a charger handy.

See 1 answered question