5.0 out of 5 stars Great support with comfort
Published 13 months ago by F. Araujo

3.0 out of 5 stars Slips a lot. Not impressed.
I've been using this brace off and on for a month, and I'm not impressed. It slips down on the top portion but stays in place on the lower section. It just doesn't fit right and so doesn't offer much support. My stats: Female, 5'9", 17 and 1/2" around my lower thigh at the top portion of the brace, 15 and 1/2" around above my upper calf at the bottom portion of the brace,...
Published on May 28, 2012 by Ryuugami

5.0 out of 5 stars Great support with comfort, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Bracoo Breathable Neoprene Knee Support, One Size, Black,Manufactured by: Yasco (Sports)
Seeing this knee brace sparked my interest. I have chronic problem with an impaired ACL and still fence at age 76. I wear a brace for prevention and have found that the slip-on types are miserable and the Velcro-stick types with the adhesive at the back of the knee is like wearing little tacks. Also, the bulky side-braced types are bumpy, awkward while the open knee types with a minimal support are like wearing nothing.

This little light and comfortable brace went on the first time just like it had been designed for my old knee. Tight and snug, but not restrictive or constrictive like an old Ace Bandage. Flexible enough to give comfort and support but still leaving me feel free from that feeling of wearing a cast.

I highly recommend this for the preventive wear of old geezers like me who still want to get out there and hammer. It's a great of support for biking, walking and jogging. Having a cranky wheel can stop a lot of old duffers like me from getting out, but wearing this guy and consider using something a bit more rigid during the sport exercise can prove to be a great combination for fun and activity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit at last, November 16, 2013
I have a large collection
of straps that don't fit right
they're tossed inside a bottom drawer
because they're much too tight

My thigh is on the chunky side
(you'll note I don't say "fat")
but tapers nicely from the knee
(my peeps have told me that)

I've finally found a brace that works
for a lady or a fella
It's breathable, it's neoprene
with peek-a-boo patella

So whether you're advanced in age
or on the fitness trail
when looking for a tailored fit
this one's the Holy Grail

Amanda Richards, November 16, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, January 15, 2012
It is a good brace for me. I like to run distance but my left knee constantly gave me problems. Before without this knee brace, my left knee started hurting after only 3 or 4 miles and I had to stop. I got this knee brace a month ago and now I can run 8 to 10 miles without issue. It is easy to wear and take off, my knees felt much better after running. I have already signed up for half marathon and hopefully with the help of this knee brace, I can get to the finish line without hurting my knees.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Support for a Reasonable Price!, March 29, 2012
Jacob K (Brooklyn NY) - See all my reviews
I have for about 10 years suffered from weak knees, and have tried several knee supports. I have found that I require knee braces when walking or standing for an extended period of time. I am also overweight, so the size of the support must be large enough for my knee. For a while, I had difficulty finding knee braces that fit me and didn't break the bank. No local stores carried them. The Yasco Knee Support fit the ticket with flying colors.

Some notes about the product: 1) Two other braces that I had been using used to chafe behind the leg unless I used a handkerchief as a cushion. The Yasco is comfortable and has only caused a slight chafing one time so far. 2) The Velcro tends to weaken after a year or two of use, causing the straps to slip. Yasco provides a generous Velcro tab of over 2" x 2" to maintain a solid hold. The tabs are attached with a reinforced double zigzag stitching with heavy thread. 3) The Yasco has a lighter weight than the other braces, ostensibly making it less hot in the summer. But the construction seems strong and well made. 4) The knee area has a unique rounded shape to fit better on the knee. The straps attach securely with a system of 2 straps on one side and 1 strap on the other, stabilizing the knee tightly from 2 directions.

One reviewer claims that the braces are too small. I did find with the second brace that I bought that it seemed smaller the first time I tried it on. Neoprene is a stretchable material and might need to be stretched the first time you try it on if you are a larger size like me. But the braces do fit up to a knee size of 24", as advertised. (The knee should be measured at about 2" above the kneecap.)

Which might hint at the only criticism that I have about the product: no paper came with the product explaining how to use it.

The quality is excellent and the price was one of the best I saw. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This knee brace works better than my hospital fitted $1000 knee orthotic!, June 12, 2013
After months of intense knee pain, I went to a specialist. After x-rays, an MRI and an exam, his verdict was - degenerative arthritis with half of the bone in my knee dead . . . complete knee replacement needed . . . but with cortisone shots, a good knee orthotic, and physical therapy, I could delay the knee replacement surgery for a few years. I was fitted at the orthotics department of our local hospital for a $1000 brace which would take four to six weeks to arrive. So I ordered this knee support (way under $20 complete with shipping). It arrived quickly, and for the first time in many months, I was able to walk almost normally and feel completely secure about being on my feet. I LOVED this knee support! My thousand dollar knee orthotic finally came two days ago . . . and it does NOT work as well, or give me as firm a support as this one. Yesterday the orthotics department called and said there had been a mistake with my new knee brace, ( it's cumbersome, bulky, uncomfortable, expensive and ugly), my doctor had specified more support. So now I have to go back in and wait who knows how many more weeks for the correct one. Meanwhile THIS knee support keeps on giving me the ability to be on my feet to work, play and live. It's been a true blessing! Do not hesitate to buy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, June 6, 2013
Tina "Tina" (Johnson City, New York United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this to wear in the Tough Mudder. I have a really bad knee that gives me chronic pain. I injured it awhile back and do a have a much bigger brace that I wear. This brace held up thru 10 miles and 22 obstacles and soaked in mud. It stayed in place the whole time and never had to be tightened. I did readjust it a few times. The circle that supports the knee cap helped keep my knee stable. I had no pain or discomfort in my knee at all while wearing this brace. Even in the days following my knee was not sore. I really feel that this brace saved me from injuring myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bracoo Knee Support, September 11, 2013
Okay - I am 6'2" tall, weigh 215 lbs and have long, sort of bony legs. I am 66 years old and though I don't have knee joint problems, I have had a torn meniscus on both my knees. I have had an operation on my right knee to repair the tear, but I have let my left knee repair itself. So, I have issues now and then with my left knee depending on what I am doing. I have been a bowler for years and do not want to give it up. I am right handed so my sliding leg is my left leg - the same one that gives me issues now and then. So, I wear a knee brace to help support my left knee when I bowl. My previous brace was rather large and slid over my leg after which you secure the Velcro straps above and below the knees. There is a hinged metal support rod on each side of the support. This has worked fine for me over the years, but it gets really hot underneath and after bowling, it is hard to slide the support off my knee because it is so wet against my skin. Plus the wet brace gets uncomfortable after a while.

So when I had the opportunity to get one of these braces, I jumped at the chance as it looks smaller and more comfortable than my old one. Comfytopia supplied me with this brace in return for an honest review.

So, here are my observations...

The brace comes in a plastic wrapper that has few instructions on the proper use and no picture to show how to put it on. While it is pretty much self-explanatory, you could put it on upside down and not realize it.

The brace is one size fits all. For my 6'-2" frame, it was a good fit with enough Velcro strap left to accommodate a bigger sized knee. So, I would say it fit me perfectly.

The brace has 3 straps - one each on the top and bottom and one in the middle that comes across the back of the crook of your knee and hits the skin of the underside of your knee after you fasten it. The top and bottom straps do not touch your skin as the brace itself protects your skin from the straps.

There is no metal or plastic supports for either side of the knee like in my old brace. It does not go very far above or below the knee cap when you wear it. So, I was dubious on how well it would support my knee when I was bowling.

I cannot say how long the brace will hold up but I think the Amazon price is reasonable. It seems to be made of stretchable nylon/rubber and looks like it can accommodate many knee sizes.

The big test...

So, I wore this brace bowling last night. I did not take my old brace with me so I was anxious of not having a backup in case this didn't work out.

I put it on before heading to the alleys. I must say it is not as easy to put on as the kind that just slide up your knee. With 3 straps to fasten, there is some finagling you have to do to get it positioned properly and get the straps fastened as it wants to slide left and right while you are tightening the straps. So, you kind of have to just fasten the straps loosely so it stays on your knee, and then go back and adjust the position and then re-tighten each strap until it fits right. I down-graded my rating to a 4 for this reason.

I am not sure why other commentors were complaining of this brace sliding up and down on their knees while using this brace. Once adjusted properly, the brace actually felt pretty good. It feels like it is providing more support than its looks would indicate. Being smaller than my old brace, it was more comfortable and cooler.

So, off to the bowling alley. No problem driving or sitting with the brace on. It bends well with the knee.

Bowling should be a good indication of how the brace will perform as you are putting both twisting and bending motions on your leg/knee. I did not have any problem with this brace sliding up, down, left, or right. It stayed right where it was supposed to. Perhaps the issue with fit for some is that their legs are too small so the brace doesn't tighten properly. But for my sized leg, I can't see where there would be any issue with the brace moving while you are using it.

I bowled 3 games plus a couple practice rounds with the brace on and I forgot I was wearing it. So, for comfort, I give it a 5. After I got home, I was sweating under the brace, but since all you have to do to remove it is unfasten the Velcro straps and it pops off. Then you can let it lay flat to dry out or wash it as you like.

I could see where the middle strap that fits around the back of your knee and, by design, can rub on your skin while you use it - could cause some irritation if there is any movement of the brace when you are active. I did not have that issue with the strap. It stayed in place and supported my knee perfectly while bowling. Because it is light and smaller than my old brace, it is easy to throw in the bowling bag and forget about it.

For under $15 on Amazon.com it seems to be a good buy. If this one wears out, I would not have a problem buying another one to replace it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Can finally run again!, May 10, 2012
I am a runner and have unfortunately come across the infamous runner's knee. Even resting for three months, while taking rounds of glucosamine and physical therapy hasn't helped - I wouldn't last more than two miles out. I thought I wouldn't be able to run for the entire year until my friend suggested this product. I was a little skeptical at first, but when I first tried it out on an easy 3-4 miles, I didn't feel a thing when I would normally be crawling home by this distance.

After training for over a month, I can say that this product has saved my ability to run. Best of all it's comfortable, it's supportive, and it's affordable (A heck of a lot cheaper than the physical therapy). I'm now able to run over 10 miles with this on. Definitely one of the best purchases I've made for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way Better Than ACE, October 29, 2013
Adam Turney (Las Vegas, NV USA) - See all my reviews
I have been using an ACE knee band for a couple years and was content with it, but it never really helped prevent my knee problems from occurring (I injured my knee about 10 years ago coming off a ski jump). I decided to shop around and this had good reviews and was the perfect price.

I was eager to put it on when it arrived and it was a breeze to apply. I loved being able to tighten the pressure it put on my knee to lessen the strain I would incur while running during softball. I am happy to say that it made a huge difference and I haven't had any pain in my knee after my softball games. I am not a runner so I don't have experience using it for extended runs, but for my 2 hours of softball each week it has made a huge difference. I will never recommend an ACE product because those were always slipping down and didn't provide enough pressure. This product is securely in place and allows me to run without worry...and it is more comfortable too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Marathon ready, May 31, 2013
I hurt my knee training for a marathon, and I got this knee brace for support to finish out training and for race day. It held up the entire way and I'm still using it today. It's totally adjustable to your leg shape and you can choose where you apply pressure. It's also very light and durable. Perfect for any activity.

Rate and Discover Movies