Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 10, 2012
I am a burning first-time entrepreneur, obsessed with my product. Before reading this book, I had no clear idea this was good, even great. Instead, I mostly worried they were defects in my business sensibility or character.

I met the author days before buying the eBook. He gave a remarkably clear and cogent opening talk at #BigBoulder. We had 15 minutes of one-on-one discussions about financing my start-up. He gave me advice I immediately started using. Before I was home I owned this book, which is a compilation of blog posts from FeldThought [...], a very popular blog for investors and founders alike.

What did I like most about this book?

- Accessible: the post-length chapters with 1-2 comments make for digestible bits of insight.
- On target: 95% of the tidbits were relevant to the challenges I face daily.
- Reassuring: My challenges are normal and some/many of my past decisions were good ones.
- Funny: Humor is a great way to teach.
- Self-effacing: this is a virtue in any teacher
- Comprehensive yet concise: it covered a lot of the areas I needed immediate advice on

I would write more, but I need to start another Feld book to keep on building what I have learned so far.
on January 26, 2013
This thing is basically a bunch of twitter posts, blog posts, etc mashed up to form a "book". Is there any meat here? No, this is all so obvious.

Also, the self promotion and promotion of the portfolio was beyond tiring.
on January 2, 2014
I like this book since it is a really quick easy to read compilation of some of Brad Feld's posts on his blog and has really good advice to get started. As angel investor I find his insights really useful.
on November 18, 2012
This is a book that should be read by all communities that want to prosper in the future. Brad has captured the essence of what it takes to become an entrepreneurial community. It takes the involvement of all but must be lead by entrepreneurs who understand and have a desire to "pay it forward".
on October 4, 2012
Mrs. Feld,

Brad has done it again, you needn't fear at all! Much like the many amazing authors in your family I assure you Brad stacks up well.

He has translated his tweets, thoughts, musings, posts, and the synthesis of his writing to date (hmm, how many books has he written,, oh yeah, let me look on my kindle,, there we go! (it's just Brad's books and recommendations,, and Moby Dick)

You've accidentally created a writing rock star out of a highly successful Venture Mentalist. I say it that way as he's a Venture Capitalist I hold in the highest esteem, who I feel and others I bet do as well, strives more to be a mentor to many and all.

There are so many humans such as myself who try as we might are working to make products/services and the like on our own. Each read through his books have saved me and informed me so well I know I can attribute a savings of thousands of dollars,, on top of likely another expenditure in the same manner on what matters more (or most).

That's the value of reading what he's writing.

This one applies as well. The Natty and Nate story with full annotation for one, was particularly useful, not just in links and explanations, but the meaning behind the process and telling about it. Granted people still have to go and learn to program after reading that, but there's a bit more methodology behind it than say, telling someone to "Just go learn to program" (words heard sadly too often with no real justification. It's like telling a butcher to start fixing cars, sure he might throw a wrench in a pull something off, but he needs at least to know why he's even fixing the car!)

Congratulations Mrs. Feld, as we always say, beyond the Bar Mitzvah, either when obtaining the M.D. or accolades from the S.E.C. and investors alike, the embryo in now viable!

(It's a great read people, get it!)

Kudos Brad!
on April 22, 2012
Great insights for new and seasoned entrepreneurs. Whether thinking about your first start-up or launching the next one, this book contains solid feedback and opinions from an experienced and successful VC. Having transitioned from a Fortune 500 company to my first start-up, I felt Brad's book personally relevant. His thoughts on marketing and "being the CEO of your job" were exceptional takeaways for me. Hyperlinks to sources and additional background info in the digital edition make it easy to dig deeper when you want.

I really enjoyed reading Burning Entrepreneur and highly recommend it - a quick but worthwhile read.
on May 21, 2012
Brad Felds lives the values he teaches and ships great products. The burning entrepreneur is a great example of everything that he believes in. It is written in his own voice, short, to the point and most importantly contains real actionable information with no high falutin mumbo jumbo guru speak padding it.

I've read his blog for years and can tell you that Brad always speaks his mind and his heart and really understands what it takes to be a real entrepreneur. If you have ever wanted to pick a world class brain for a hour or two on what it takes to succeed in the Start-up world, here's your chance!
Just finished reading Burning Entrepreneur by Brad Feld. It's a short read and was able to finish in a couple hours plus a 6-mile cycle on the elliptical machine at the gym. Written in Brad's typical style, it provides extremely useful advice to both the beginning and experience entrepreneur backed up with real life stories. I particularly enjoyed Chapter 4: Ignorance is Success, where Brad discussed why entrepreneur's need to not get distracted by all the talk about tech bubbles, ignore the stock market, and ignore the naysayers. This reminded me about a talk that I heard from Phil Libin, CEO of Evernote, at SXSW last March. Phil indicated that there is never a better time to start a company. I also greatly enjoyed Brad's discussion on being obsessed with your product and how if you're product stinks, no amount of marketing is going to fix it.

My advice - go download the Burning Entrepreneur - NOW! Read it tonight and keep it loaded up in whatever device you own.
on April 24, 2012
Having just finished the book and at the risk of sounding like a sycophant, Brad's latest effort is a masterpiece. A great mix of his original insight and experience mixed in with links to articles, resources and companies that help support, expand and even constructively criticize his story.

Chapter 9, "Keeping Your You Know What Together" is a must read for every entrepreneur. His emphasis on obsession with the product and customers, combined with the directive to "Become a thought leader in your space" covers a broad swath of success criteria for starting up.

Having @FAKEGRIMLOCK and @fredwilson in the mix is the icing on the cake!
on October 4, 2012
Once I started reading this I could not put it down... powered right through it. By the time I was done, I learned quite a few specific things to correct and improve within my own organization. The best thing about it is that it really did stoke the entrepreneurial fires inside me. Because of this, I now have a imaginary @FAKEGRIMLOCK on my shoulder giving me sound advice in all caps without a bunch of useless filler words.