Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on February 9, 2014
Just eat at Lark Creek Inn or at One Market in San Francisco, and you will understand why Chef O has transformed the sleepy old American dishes into vibrant memorable edibles.

Long before farm-to-fork was vogue, Bradley Ogden plied his trade in the midwest and then in California. This book, although a bit aged, stands the test of time.

I know! For my 30th birthday, I ate at Stars restaurant in San Francisco (Jeremiah Tower and Emily Luchetti) the night before, and then Lark Creek that next morning. Tower's food was good; Emily's desserts rocked my world. But Ogden's food cleared the path for me to go back to culinary school, travel to 36 different countries exploring food, and then buy my own farm.

This book should be a standard "anchor" for any solid home kitchen.
on January 27, 2009
I bought this book many years ago after a wonderful brunch at Ogden's Lark Creek Inn and I've cooked from it many times. It's especially nice for homey dishes with an elegant touch. Many of the ideas were sourced originally from Ogden's cooking roots in Michigan and California and feature locally available produce and meats.

After all these years I still peruse this book for new ideas when we expect out of town company. Everyone always loves the results!
on November 6, 2013
The best recipe for Chicken Pot pie! Recommends the freshest of ingredients.; have eaten in his restaurant so pleased to learn from him.
on February 8, 2016
Excellent breakfasts. mmmeh on dinner recipes.
on February 14, 2015
I love this cookbook and must admit that I have a spare just in case one disappears ! I used to go to the Campton Inn in San Francisco and loved eating there while Ogden was their chef. My favorite recipe is the French Toast which is stuffed with peaches......it is fabulous ! His recipes are not complicated and easy to follow and always delicious. Highly recommend.