5.0 out of 5 stars Wellness done Well
RAW: uncooked, or heated to no more than 115'F
I'm going to use this book as truth to my friends and acquaintances who think they cannot live without meat. Author Brad Guno was that guy who enjoyed steak and potatoes, until he decided to take control of his health. After watching a DVD titled Eating, this decision came easy for Guno.
I live in Chicago and have...
Published 9 months ago by Reader's Paradise

3.0 out of 5 stars Contains Valuable Information about Food
Published 9 months ago by Scott Haraburda

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wellness done Well, January 11, 2014
RAW: uncooked, or heated to no more than 115'F
I live in Chicago and have been intrigued by two food establishments Karyns RAW and Soul Vegetarian. I eat lunch and dinner from them several times and I am always amazed at their menu. I feel good about adding RAW to my diet, as a diabetic since eliminating red meats my A1C has increasingly gone down, currently at 6.4.
I was blessed in receiving this book, I didn't order it or the bag of Kale chips that was shipped with it, but I was thankful upon receiving it. I've always wondered about a RAW diet or adding RAW to my current lifestyle but how do I get started? Do I need one of those dehydrator machines? What is live or living foods? This book really does make the shift easy. Gruno offers an 8-week eating plan step by step to your RAW transition.
One of the best parts of the book can be found in Part II - resources. In his section you will find suggested items for your journey.
Thank you Brad for this great beginning

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy as 1-2-3, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Brad's Raw Made Easy: The Fast, Delicious Way to Lose Weight, Optimize Health, and Live Mostly in the Raw (Hardcover)
I've been a vegetarian for over 40 years, for the past 6 years I've have added "Raw" to my diet more and more. Brads book makes it so easy to do that. Both his book and product ROCK!

Thanks Brad.

Michael H. Ossining NY

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have for those interested in a raw foods diet!, January 16, 2014
If you're interested in learning more about the raw food lifestyle, then this book is for you! Brad's personal journey is inspiring and the simple science explained in this book is easy to understand. The title really fits the content well. It's easy to read, easy to understand and the plans and recipes are easy to follow. I refer to this book often for recipes. The 60 day plan in the back is a great way to get anyone who is interested in adding more raw foods into their diet started on the right track. No restrictions, just simple changes along the way to a better, healthier lifestyle. If you're raw-curious then grab a copy! You'll be happy you did!

- Beth

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book!!, January 2, 2014
I first heard about Brad last year from seeing his products at Whole Foods. I have been a fan ever since, and was excited to hear he had a book coming out. I have been wanting to try a raw lifestyle for a few years, and this book is making the transition very simple and enjoyable! From hearing Brad's story, to the easy recipes, to the helpful tips, this book has it all. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to live a healthier lifestyle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brad's Raw cookbook is EASY and delicious!, January 3, 2014
I LOVE the new Brad's Raw Made Easy cookbook! I've experimented with raw food in the past and love the way I feel. But it always felt daunting to stick to a high raw diet. Brad's cookbook really does make it easy. He gives meal plans for 8 weeks so I have plenty of delicious meals to eat and lots of easy raw snacks. And with raw dessert recipes like Chocolate Cherry Cookies, Raw Cupcakes, and Butter Pecan Ice Cream, I can thoroughly enjoy eating raw!
Rebecca Gilbert
Founder, Yummy Plants

3.0 out of 5 stars Contains Valuable Information about Food, January 4, 2014
Just in time for many New Year’s resolutions is a book to help one lose weight and improve their health. Brad's Raw Made Easy: The Fast, Delicious Way to Lose Weight, Optimize Health, and Live Mostly in the Raw contains valuable information about food, both the good and bad. It’s also packed with helpful information about healthy lifestyle, diet, and grocery shopping.

Although the author, Brad Gruno, divided the book into three parts, there’s really only two: the health effects of a raw diet and a sample diet plan with grocery suggestions. As a scientist, I wasn’t too impressed with the first part with the author attempting to claim that raw diet improved his health, even with several personal testimonials presented. Yes, these stories were very inspiring, but they lack believable fact-based evidence to convince others to switch to the “raw” side. There’s more to a healthy lifestyle than just diet. There’s exercise, sleep, and community involvement too. One has to live a healthy lifestyle in everything they do, not just what they eat. Yes, the author does mention these other activities, but only in a supporting manner to the “raw” diet. Furthermore, the author didn’t convince me that cooking anything hotter than 115 degrees, or with a microwave, is always bad for us. Not sure what scientific research that he is basing this upon. Also, I don’t know where the 80% raw and 20% cooked ratio came from. I guess that we just have to just believe the author – just because he said so.

As for the second part, I was impressed with the variety of fresh and tasty recipes. I look forward to using several of them in the future, such as the smoothies and the burrito. Also, the 60-day plan provides some a detailed plan to improve their diet for two months. So, if you read this book, I recommend that you just skip to the second and third part for the recipes. However, I do look forward to finding some of his famous Brad’s Raw Chips and their yummy styles from hot kale to sun dried tomato, to name a few.

Brad's Raw Made Easy is just another in a large pool of diet books. If you’re looking for new ideas for healthy foods, this book has some great recipes for you. Otherwise, you should just talk to your family doctor about ways to improve your health.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great guide to the benefits of raw from an inspiring entrepreneur / CEO!, December 31, 2013
This terrific guide to going raw is a great introduction to the raw lifestyle, as well as fabulous recipes that even kids can love and a "get real" approach for those of who mistakenly thought we would have to quit our jobs and stay in the kitchen with our Vitamix in order to accomplish this. Organizational tips, nutrition guidelines, and Brad's fantastic story about the changes a healthier
80% raw lifestyle has brought about in his life. A recipe book, a diet book, and so much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive book....Good read, May 24, 2014
Very informative. Read most of it in one night. Excellent recipes. Highly recommend for anyone that may be considering a raw diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivational Reading for a Healthy Lifestyle, December 31, 2013
The book contains healthy eating tips and great inspiration for an active lifestyle. I highly recommend this easy to read book. Nice job Brad!
Kemper M.
Collingswood, NJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with the info. I was looking for!, April 20, 2014
I love Brad's food products and online recipes which led me to his book. This book is very informative for anyone wanting to start living a more healthful life!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›