Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on September 11, 2012
We eat alot of walnuts so I was happy to find such a good deal on a large supply of organic walnuts. They are very fresh and good. I haven't found any old, black ones or any other problems. I'm keeping them in my freezer and only pulling out a few oz at a time to keep in my kitchen. They thaw nicely and I dont notice any change in flavor.
on March 8, 2014
Update: I didn't die. I hate to disparage their stuff because I care a lot about traceable, organic food and supporting farmers. It seems other customers on here have had good experiences, and I did myself when buying their items on Local Harvest. If the tear in my bag had been there for any period of time with who-knows-what in an Amazon warehouse, it could have gone off. I don't know, and can't say with any assurance that it was bad before. At least buying through Prime made the return easy. I'll leave my experience below to explain the star rating.
__________

I used to buy Braga products from another site and never had a quality issue. I understand that selling things through Amazon may indicate a massive scaling of their business, but they have lost a customer. I thought I'd try making walnut milk with these. The bag came with a gash in the side, though it was in a well-padded box with other items. Worse, I tried a few, thinking it was probably happened during handling. Huge mistake- after a sour start I hit the taste of spoiled (cow) milk. Not a good thing to encounter with nuts, especially raw ones. I haven't died yet (it was thirty minutes ago) but these are going back and I won't be trying anything else.
on April 7, 2016
These walnuts are delicious and fresh. They're organic in nature. I was able to find equal quality for about half the price at znatural foods.com

There are 7 main reason why you should consider eating walnuts and adding it to your diet.

1. Cancer-Fighting Properties

Walnuts may help reduce not only the risk of prostate cancer, but breast cancer as well. In one study, mice that ate the human equivalent of 2.4 ounces of whole walnuts for 18 weeks had significantly smaller and slower-growing prostate tumors compared to the control group that consumed the same amount of fat but from other sources.

Overall the whole walnut diet reduced prostate cancer growth by 30 to 40 percent. According to another study on mice, the human equivalent of just two handfuls of walnuts a day cut breast cancer risk in half, and slowed tumor growth by 50 percent as well.

2. Heart Health

Walnuts contain the amino acid l-arginine, which offers multiple vascular benefits to people with heart disease, or those who have increased risk for heart disease due to multiple cardiac risk factors.

If you struggle with herpes, you may want to avoid or limit walnuts, as high levels of arginine can deplete the amino acid lysine, which can trigger herpes recurrences.

Walnuts also contain the plant-based omega-3 fat alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which is anti-inflammatory and may prevent the formation of pathological blood clots. Research shows that people who eat a diet high in ALA are less likely to have a fatal heart attack and have a nearly 50 percent lower risk of sudden cardiac death.

Eating just four walnuts a day has been shown to significantly raise blood levels of heart-healthy ALA, and walnut consumption supports healthful cholesterol levels.

Separate research showed that eating just one ounce of walnuts a day may decrease cardiovascular risk, and among those at high cardiovascular risk, increased frequency of nut consumption significantly lowers the risk of death.

3. Rare and Powerful Antioxidants

Antioxidants are crucial to your health, as they are believed to help control how fast you age by combating free radicals, which are at the heart of age-related deterioration.

Walnuts contain several unique and powerful antioxidants that are available in only a few commonly eaten foods. This includes the quinone juglone, the tannin tellimagrandin, and the flavonol morin.

Walnuts contain antioxidants that are so powerful at free-radical scavenging that researchers called them "remarkable," and research has shown that walnut polyphenols may help prevent chemically-induced liver damage.

In another study, researchers found that nuts, especially walnuts, have potent antioxidant powers. Walnut polyphenols had the best efficacy among the nuts tested and also the highest lipoprotein-bound antioxidant activity. The researchers concluded:

"Nuts are high in polyphenol antioxidants which by binding to lipoproteins would inhibit oxidative processes that lead to atherosclerosis in vivo. In human supplementation studies nuts have been shown to improve the lipid profile, increase endothelial function and reduce inflammation, all without causing weight gain."

4. Weight Control

Adding healthful amounts of nuts such as walnuts to your diet can help you to maintain your ideal weight over time. In one review of 31 trials, those whose diets included extra nuts or nuts substituted for other foods lost about 1.4 extra pounds and half an inch from their waists. Eating walnuts is also associated with increased satiety after just three days.

5. Improved Reproductive Health in Men

One of the lesser-known benefits of walnuts is their impact on male fertility. Among men who consume a Western-style diet, adding 75 grams (a bit over one-half cup) of walnuts daily significantly improved sperm quality, including vitality, motility, and morphology.

6. Brain Health

Walnuts contain a number of neuroprotective compounds, including vitamin E, folate, melatonin, omega-3 fats, and antioxidants. Research shows walnut consumption may support brain health, including increasing inferential reasoning in young adults.

One study also found that consuming high-antioxidant foods like walnuts "can decrease the enhanced vulnerability to oxidative stress that occurs in aging," "increase health span," and also "enhance cognitive and motor function in aging."

7. Diabetes

The beneficial dietary fat in walnuts has been shown to improve metabolic parameters in people with type 2 diabetes. Overweight adults with type 2 diabetes who ate one-quarter cup of walnuts daily had significant reductions in fasting insulin levels compared to those who did not, and the benefit was achieved in the first three months.

This is what makes buying and consuming walnuts a smart choice in your life but for the price you're paying for these walnuts you can do a whole lot better and find a similar quality walnut for a whole lot less.

I'm about saving money and i wish the same for my reviewers so I'm going to give this product 3 stars and a recommendation to search for a better deal.

****** If you enjoyed my review please vote this review as helpful and feel free to ask me any additional questions and I'll answer them to the best of my abilities. Please click on my name to read my reviews on other healing supplements and natural remedies that has helped me and my family.**
on May 17, 2013
Wow, these are fantastic. I was really hesitant on buying these due to the price tag. It seems eating organic and lots of fruits, nuts and seeds can be expensive. But I took the chance and ordered these. I store them in the freezer, and have a jar sitting on the counter top near the bananas. Whenever my college-aged son roams into the kitchen asking what's for dinner, he grabs a few nuts to snack on. My diabetic husband also can grab these when he feels the need for snack. Everyone loves them, and I feel so good knowing they are eating organic. Well worth the price as they are not just sitting there- they taste so yummy!
on November 17, 2012
We eat these almost every day. I have used these on oatmeal, yogurt, ice cream, in baking muffins, breads, and chocolate chip walnut cookies, for snacking and for making spiced nuts at Christmas. They are excellent.
on August 12, 2013
My 79 year young mother was so happy when she received her package of Braga ORGANIC nuts. They taste just like the nuts from the farm.

She and my father eat an entire handful every day! KEEPS THE BRAIN GOING!
I will order again and again!
on December 4, 2012
Do you like nuts, in a sack? If so, try these... very good walnuts (as well as other varieties from this farm) that are pretty tasty. Maybe it's just me, but these organic nuts taste better than the generic grocery store ones. I feel the same about any organic produce, really. I think they are worth a little extra money, and a good deal for this much nuttage.
on May 27, 2015
I used to buy my organic walnuts at Whole Foods when they were sourced in the U.S.A...,Then they began sourcing them from India! Their organic walnuts from India were awful, so I tried the Braga Farms organic walnuts. The Braga Farms organic walnuts were a very pleasant surprise. They are large and very fresh tasting, and best of all...They are grown and packaged in the U.S.A.
on December 30, 2015
Superior flavor and freshness to other walnuts I have ordered on Amazon. I mistakenly ordered the wrong product and received dark, rancid tasting walnuts....ugh! This is my third order of Braga Organic Farms Walnuts and I won't buy another brand as long as I can get these!
on May 29, 2013
Loved these organic walnuts and the large size bag, 4 lbs, is even better! They came in whole pieces, not broken, and when I opened the bag, they were very fresh and I ate some right away, delicious! Will buy again, price was very good!