Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Size: 32 oz - 1 Pack|Change
Price:$11.49+ Free shipping

on June 21, 2011
I have taken Braggs ACV for eight straight months. That's right, I've religiously taken 1-2 tablespoons 2-3 times per day for 250 days. I'd like to share my personal experiences and the changes my body has gone through since I started last October.

At the outset of my ACV "diet" I was a pretty healthy 6'2" 210 pound 29 year-old guy with a decent spare tire around my waist. I was enjoying life a little too much and exercising too little. I started taking ACV for heartburn. I enjoy cooking so I had a bottle of it in my kitchen already. After experiencing the instant and amazing relief (and energy boost), I did a bit of research and found out that it cures a laundry list of other ailments. It sounded too good to be true, so my skeptical self decided to give it the old college try for a month. I continued taking it and noticed within days that I was sleeping better, eating better and generally had more energy. After a few weeks, my wife noticed that I had lost weight, and I shocked myself one day when I caught myself in a full-length mirror. I was getting my skinny college body back! And this without any exercise or apparent change in diet. I was doing nothing different except for the addition of ACV to my diet.

Energy levels. This is the first thing you'll notice as the ACV hits your stomach. Almost instantly, you get a natural boost that lasts for hours. Any desire to eat unhealthy food fades. I've read that this is a result of the normalizing effect it has on blood sugar. This is also related to the weight loss people experience while taking it. The high energy levels given by ACV is my new normal.

Addiction. Before taking ACV, I was drinking far too much alcohol and caffeine. A pot of coffee was my mainstay during the day and a bottle of wine was easy to finish after dinner. A few years ago I was getting heart palpitations from drinking too much caffeine so I quit cold turkey, but my usage was creeping back up again. Fast forward to after eight months on Braggs--I drink one glass of coffee per day (maybe two) and am lucky if I can finish a bottle of wine or a few heavy beers. My stomach just says ENOUGH. Oh, and no heart palpitations since!

Sleep. I was a sleepwalker as a child. I never grew out of it. As an adult, I still sleepwalk and in addition suffer from insomnia and sleep paralysis (where you wake up, can't move and believe something is in the room with you--not fun). Before ACV I'd get sleep paralysis a few times per week and sleepwalk a few times per month. I needed 9-10 hours of sleep per night to feel rested. After ACV I fall asleep easier, RARELY get sleep paralysis and don't sleepwalk anymore. I wake up feeling refreshed after 7-8 hours.

Weight loss. While not a magical fat-burning elixir, it will control your blood sugar and cravings, resulting in a slow weight loss over time. My "spare tire" is nearly gone and some of my pants are looking big on me. I'm continuing to lose weight slowly, and family and friends who only see me a few times per year always remark how thin I'm getting. ACV also gets rid of water bloat, which will have the visual effect of weight loss right away. Take it before going out to Macaroni Grill to prevent feeling like a lumbering dinosaur afterwards. Now that the weather is warmer I've started jogging and this magnifies the weight loss even more, and a shot beforehand always ensures a great workout with high energy levels.

Skin. I never had a problem with acne before so I can't comment on its use for that. I did break out with some psoriasis on my nose recently, and I thought it was just dry skin. But it didn't go away after a month and was getting worse. I applied ACV directly with a Q-tip for a couple weeks and PRESTO it was gone. Amazing!

Digestion. If you suffer from heart burn or acid reflux (I had both!) ACV works wonders. It also calms the stomach after a large meal and eliminates bloating and hangovers. It acts as a "cleanser" of sorts, so don't stray too far from the bathroom the first few times you take it. You'll be amazed at what comes out. On second thought, no you won't. Just flush.

Immune system. I had a pretty strong one before starting the Braggs diet, however I still found myself getting sick a couple times per year, whether it was something nasty like the flu, a sinus infection or simply a cold brought on by stress. Guess what? I haven't been sick in eight months. Not even a sniffle. If I ever get sick again, I will be surprised.

Here are a couple pointers. If you can't stand the taste, mix it with honey or juice. Or just man up and shoot it like a tequila shot (after awhile you'll get used to it). Now I simply drink it straight and instantly chase it with a big glass of water. I shoot it back so it doesn't touch my teeth and swish my mouth with the water. If you do it right it doesn't burn. Just think of it as really tart apple cider. If you're going to wuss out of taking ACV because of the taste, you're doing yourself a disservice and missing out on a lot of health benefits.

Apple cider vinegar does AMAZING things to every bodily system. I don't know how it works, but it works. I was a believer after days and will remain one for years. Now I know why doctors and the medical establishment scoff at ACV--if everyone took it they'd be out of a job! Do your body a favor and start your own Braggs experiment!
100100 comments| 4,078 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2013
I read or scanned through most of the reviews as part of my research. I have used this product off and on for years but it seemed to have changed. Some reviewers thought the same, and made conjectures and conclusions. I will break my review into 4 parts so you can easily scan through to the data you need: Current facts, tips to save your enamel, and general health benefits and hot ACV baths.

1. BRAGG'S CURRENT FACTS: Like other reviewers, I was dismayed that my beloved Bragg's vinegar seemed to have changed. It was pale and I didn't see much "mother". After doing research on the net I called Bragg's. Here are the facts:

Has Bragg's lowered their standards? Happily the answer is no. I spoke with their representative about the paleness of their current vinegar and more. No, they have not changed the dilution, it is still diluted to 5% acidity like always. The vinegar is lighter due to using apples with lighter skins. No, they haven't changed the aging. They wouldn't disclose how long they age it but the period of time is unchanged. The "mother" is invisible at first but the longer it ages the more you can see it. Also the stands become longer and the vinegar will darken. The vinegar used to sit on the shelf longer. Since the standards for "organic" have been lowered, does the company buy apples where the growers use antibiotics? No! Has the Bragg's company been sold? No, Patricia Bragg is still the sole owner. The only change that I found was that the vinegar is no longer aged in wood casks. It is a health regulation that stainless steel tanks be used. All the other companies are required to use them as well.

2.TEETH EROSION: The reason I didn't consistently take ACV the last 30 years is I was concerned about my teeth. Now I don't have that worry anymore. Vinegar contains malic acid. It is wonderful for health as I will cover in part 3 but not wonderful for your teeth, especially if used on a daily basis. There are several things you can do to help with this. Bragg's suggests 2 tsp to 8 ounces of water. You could of course add more water. Some drink it using a straw. But the best way to neutralize an acid is with a base, such as baking soda. I drink it quickly and then rinse with a baking soda/water solution and then water. You will have to experiment with how much baking soda to use, there are different opinions on the net. (As a helpful side note, this baking soda method works well to help neutralized the stomach acid in your mouth when you vomit.)

3. HEALTH BENEFITS: After over 30 years of research and experimentation I can say that raw vinegar is the easiest, least expensive, and most systemic health remedy and preventative that I have found. I am not alone. Most health books and websites expound the benefits. The malic acid breaks down clogs. Clogged arteries, lymphatic tissues, organ tissue, and stones in the kidneys, liver, gallbladder, and bladder to name a few. It handles acid reflux, skin problems, helps diabetes and much more. It increases energy and fights infections, flus and fungus. Amazingly it handles diarrhea (if it is caused by germs). It breaks down toxins so be sure to drink plenty of good fluids all day. All plants and animals need a certain ph balance. ACV has an alkaline reaction in the body which is perfect since almost everyone is too acid. It will help every part and system of your body. Do your own research and you will find many other conditions ACV helps.

4. HOT BATHS: Although many people use it on their skin for acne or to put into a poultice, most never try putting raw ACV in hot baths. It is a wonderful and inexpensive way to get it into your body. I tried starting at a cup but it was too much and I had a strong detox reaction. Start lower and work up to a cup. I use it along with clay and sea salt. The water shouldn't be over 105 degrees. I also put in 1/4 tsp vitamin C which neutralizes the chlorine and chloramines. Be sure to put the clay and water mixture through the blender first or you can clog the drain. Your skin will become soft and have less cellulite. This is because the clay and salt draw out toxins. Hot baths are an aged old remedy and really do heal.

If you found this review helpful please click "yes" to increase it's ranking so as many people as possible get this helpful information. :)
2323 comments| 3,629 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2010
I am 34 year-old male who had terrible side effects (severe constipation) from statins while trying to reduce my cholesterol of 234. I had to quit taking them. A friend at work recommended 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with some juice every day. She said her results shocked her doctor after 2 months. She also said it worked for her sister.

So, I tried it that night, and also wanted to check it out online, because I'm always a skeptic. What I found was that a LOT of people recommend ACV for a whole range of things that interest me. After reading all I've read, and from my personal experience so far, I'm really diggin it. The only side effects I've seen is the taste, and because it is very acidic, people say you should keep it off your teeth as much as possible.

Here's a list of some of the things I've read that it helps dramatically with:
Cholesterol, blood pressure, immune system, detoxification, eczema, migraines, headaches & sinus headaches, hair thinning & hair loss, warts, slow steady weight loss, diabetes, depression, insomnia, increased energy & alertness, infections & cancers, the flu, sinus infections & post nasal drips, allergies & asthma, chronic fatigue, sore throats, arthritis, ulcers, bowel problems & IBS, nail fungus, acne, skin problems & complexion. The list goes on and on, to the point where it sounds WAY too good to be true.

I read several testimonials from teachers and nurses that used to get sick repeatedly, to the point where they thought they'd have to quit their jobs, until they started taking ACV. They claim they don't get sick anymore at all.

Since there really doesn't seem to be any side effects from ACV, I can't think of any reason NOT to try Apple Cider Vinegar. I am curious/anxious to see if it helps with some of my stuff. In particular, I get sick. A LOT. I work in retail and I usually need antibiotics at least 4 times each winter for sinus infections, sore throats and post nasal drips, going back to when I was a kid. Allergies. Cholesterol. More energy and some weight-loss sounds good too! Basically, it seems to clean out your blood and detoxify your body really well, which helps to get the whole machine running like it should.

I've only been on it for 14 days as of this writing, and what I can testify about so far is:
1. Energy/Alertness. I feel really good so far. Many users claim they feel a very persistent boost of energy within a day, and I certainly felt it too, and it hasn't stopped. I've also been sleeping very well. For at least 10 years, (since about when I had mono) I have always felt like I was in a bit of a brain fog. (No jokes please!) Since taking it these past two weeks, I feel very alert with increased energy. It just FEELS like my body and brain are simply "on their game", so to speak.
2. Allergies. When I started taking the ACV, my allergies were already bothering me for a bit, and I've been clear as a bell since the first day. Also, every time I go to my in-laws, my allergies go nuts from their dog. I usually have to start popping Benadryl within a half an hour. This past week, I was there for 2 nights and 3 days and didn't even need 1 pill. My sinuses were totally clear! Was it the ACV? Other people said they had similar quick findings, but I don't want to say for sure. Ragweed season is right around the corner, so we'll see how it handles that.
3. Complexion. ACV supposedly helps clear it up in a slow but steady fashion. My face was breaking out really bad for the past month when my cholesterol pills screwed up my whole system. In addition, I have always had many blackheads on my nose area, no matter what I washed it with. I poured a little bit of ACV on some paper towel and rubbed the area with it like a Stridex Pad, and within 2 days my facial complexion looks better than it has in years. I've never gotten results like this! Again, is it the ACV? I can't say for sure. It could just be that my body is happy I've stopped doing what I HAD been doing. Watch... I'll probably wake up with a big 'ol zit tomorrow morning!

In general, it just feels like I am being detoxed, and natural remedies like this are up my alley. If it helps with just 1 or 2 of these things, with no side effects like my pills gave me- I'll keep at it for a while. I don't want to go around running my mouth until I am positive it is seriously working, but I wouldn't mind hearing if it is working for other people too. So let me know if you try it and what you find, and I'll continue to do the same... I'm a bit of a closet scientist who loves to discuss his data!

The only other things I take daily are a Men's One-a-Day vitamin, Activia (yogurt), Claritin (allergy pill), and a fish oil pill (also good for cholesterol & heart health). I've been taking 2 tablespoons of the ACV mixed with very little water, like a shot, and then I chase it with more water. The bad taste is over in less than 5 seconds- No sweat!

One thing I've read over and over again, is to NOT buy the regular ACV you find in the store. People say that it has been distilled and filtered to make it look more clear- but that just takes out all the nutrients and potency. They say to look for "organic" or "raw" from a health store or farm stand, and it is just as cheap. They say that the cloudier it looks, the better.

Just Google "apple cider vinegar" and you'll quickly find hundreds of user testimonials and advice from around the world, from all types of people. I was skeptical at first, but you have to ask yourself... "Could ALL these people be morons?" Or, "Why would they all lie about a 3 dollar bottle that they aren't making any money from?"

There doesn't seem to be much to lose. If it stops working, I'll stop drinking! I'll write another review after my cholesterol check-up within 2 months, and probably another after I see how it does with colds this winter! Good health!!
6262 comments| 1,169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2010

Here's a list of some of the things I've read that it helps dramatically with:

4444 comments| 694 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2015
This product saved my life. For over a decade I struggled with major stomach pains, GERD, and IBS. The pain was unbearable. The doctors gave me proton pump inhibitors, and other medications, which never helped. I later found out that they can reduce symptoms but actually make the problem worse over time. My friend suggested ACV "with mother" and I thought she was crazy to suggest putting ACID into my stomach which seemed too full of acid as it was. I tried it. Honestly... for the first time in my LIFE... the pain was gone. My stomach relaxed. I took it for a month and my stomach has been healed since. CHANGED MY LIFE. PLEASE, if you have any sort of stomach problem... TRY IT.
on February 25, 2012
Ok, I don't think there is any scientific proof that ACV does anything, but it works for me. My bloodpressure has dropped 30 points, my achiness is better, I have lost 10 pounds without being hungry, and my skin is more clear. If it's all in my head, that's great too. lol. The mind/body connection is powerful also.
11 comment| 212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2014
I was first introduced to Bragg Organic Vinegar Apple Cider about 6-7 years ago while re-ordering my usual eyebright supplement and surfing the web. I stumbled upon an advertisement for Bragg Organic Vinegar Apple Cider. I remember as a young child, observing my grandmother downing her daily regiments of Apple Cider Vinegar and another teaspoon of Castor Oil. Grandma’ was healthy as an ox and rarely got sick. Mother told me, it’s because of all the good stuff she put in her body.

Bragg Organic Vinegar Apple Cider has a strong aroma of vinegar and left quite the bitter after taste in my mouth. It was tarty and had a strong robust taste; but I guess that’s what one would expect, from having vinegar as an active ingredient.

My first taste of the harsh tasting liquid almost left me gagging and wondering, how I was going to be able to take this, day-after-day. Grandmother was a true champ and since she was my hero, surely, I too would be able to withstand its taste.

A couple weeks in and it was like feeding milk to a baby; I was downing it twice a day with such ease. 1, 2, 3, I downed it and was out the door; "Hey, this stuff isn't all that bad after all!" I noticed my skin became clearer, it made my nails stronger and my hair was becoming stronger and healthier. "Was it my imagination or was it honestly due to Bragg Organic Vinegar Apple Cider?” I had to be certain and so I decided to keep a journal of how I was feeling and the results I was experiencing.

It was without a doubt it was due to the Vinegar Apple Cider and I loved every minute of it. By my next reorder I was ordering by the case. There will always be a place in my home for Bragg Organic Vinegar Apple Cider; just a teaspoon, twice a day and it’s now a permanent part of my daily routine; just like grandma’.

Over the years I've experimented with the various use of this product. I've used it to wash my hair; to gargle in times when I've had a sore throat; I've even used it as a dietary substitute and for stomach ailments. Bragg Organic Vinegar Apple Cider provides all natural enzymes your body and brain needs to keep it sharp and its absolute best.

Weight Loss

Take (1-2) tablespoons; 2x's a day in a glass of water before each meal.

Benefits

Health conditions: diabetes, acid reflux, obesity, acne; kill head lice; swollen feet; reverse aging and removes toxins from the body.

Additional Usage

Try adding a drop or two in room temperature water to cleanse ones face. Great way to combat acne and leaves skin looking and feeling vibrant and youthful.

Gargle with Bragg Organic Vinegar Apple Cider for (15-20 minutes; 2-3x’s a week); help improve healthy gums; kills bacteria and leaves teeth looking their whitest.

Athlete’s foot or toe fungus (No problem). Add couple drops to any foot water massage (20-30 minute) every day for up to-two weeks. Kills bacteria and germs. Works best if repeated twice daily.

Stubborn Stains. Soak in cold water; then wash as usual; great for whites also.

Did I mention it’s a great way to cleanse and regulate your colon/digestive system? Dannon Activia’s expensive; save by using Bragg Organic Vinegar Apple Cider with this one neat tip.

This Review has been brought to you by 'Awakened1'.

44 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon April 5, 2014
I can't begin to praise apple cider vinegar (acv) enough. Nothing else I have found in over a quarter century of avoiding doctors and taking care of my own health has provided more benefit for less money.

The short and sweet of acv is that when you mix it 10-1 or 20-1 with good pure water, it can alkalize your body in minutes. And nothing will help you fight disease more easily, except for vigorous exercise, eating pure food, and sleeping as much as possible.

Illness rarely develops in an alkaline body. Keep that sentence in mind every day, and live by it, and you will be healthy beyond your dreams in a month. For less than ten dollars! No wonder we don't hear much about acv or alkalinity from our profit-oriented medical system, is it.

What is alkaline? Alkaline is the state your body wants to be in, a balanced ph condition where your blood is healhiest and can keep your organs in their happiest state. Ask anyone you know with cancer of the prostate or gall bladder or any other organ: we don't love our vital organs enough until they fall apart from lack of care. And the way most of them deteriorate is due to our very acidic way of life. Too much stress and fast food equals cancer sooner or later, count on that.

If you've ever had heartburn, then you know what an acidic system feels like. Want to fix that heartburn in about one minute, with no side effects, for about one penny? Put a capful of acv in water and drink it. Better than Tums etc, cheaper, and healthier. Yet we eat white flour and sugar and caffeine and meat and so many other acid-causing foods all day, every day. Obviously the thing to do is to stop doing that. But that's not easy to do overnight.

While I was learning from experience that fruits and vegetables and whole grains are the key to long-lasting health (and never needing to see a doctor or enter a Germ Factory / hospital), I also learned that acidic blood can be caused by negative thoughts and stress. And I found that simply drinking a quarter or half ounce of acv in a glass of water upon awakening, in the afternoon and then before bed---and also after eating too much, as happens to us all now and then---I have made my body almost unbelievably healthier and happier.

Plus, it cuts down your appetite! Which is often raised by blood sugar crashes brought on by caffeine or sugar. What goes up fast must come down, fast. Acv levels out your glucose quickly and I often have a glass of acv water instead of a snack.

I first heard of apple cider vinegar through Dr. Jethro Kloss' legendary Back To Eden, one of the finest health books ever written. He also taught me about cayenne and enemas (not together...ouch!) and what food is really all about. I didn't really use acv that much for years until a while back, when my better half started drinking it every day, unlike my once a week or so, for illness treatment instead of prevention. But now that I've used it every day for years, I am firmly convinced there is no easier, quicker or cheaper tonic in the entire health canon...unless it's good old fresh pure air and water, and the aforementioned Holy Trinity of good food, exercise and sleep.

And I haven't had a cold since I started drinking acv every day. Honest truth.
Let me repeat that, and think about how much time and money and misery this fact could save you:

I HAVEN'T HAD A COLD FOR YEARS SINCE I STARTED DRINKING APPLE CIDER VINEGAR EVERY DAY.

And boy, I hate colds, and got them every month all winter for over 20 years, due to the endless mucus I would build up from drinking cow's milk all day every day. Speaking of acidity...nothing built it up for me like cow's milk. Simply replace it with acv water and watch the "miracles" begin.

Another miracle I found with acv is that when I get that tingly feel in my lip of a cold sore starting, usually in the winter when my immune system gets low, I drink some acv water every few hours, and wow, the cold sore never appears. If that sentence makes your eyes pop and think, holy cow, can that be true? I hate cold sores like the devil!, then get a nice old five buck bottle of acv and give it a try. Or you know, you could pay some drug company a small fortune for pills with various side effects. Your call. If you hate colds and cold sores like I do, prepare for a life-change like you only dreamed of.

As for Bragg's, I have tried other apple cider vinegars, and while they are good, I always come back to Bragg's. It has more of "the mother", strands of aminos/protein that seem to further enhance the probiotic effect of acv. Yes, this stuff might be vinegar, and thus "acidic", but it makes your body alkaline, which is a probiotic effect, making your billions of good digestive enzymes very happy and comfy. I've never had a bad bottle of Bragg's either. I really like that they are still family-owned, and Patricia Bragg and her husband have done a lot to wake us up to how simple and cheap good health can be. God bless the Braggs! They are exactly the sort of small American-owned company I LOVE to support.

Plus Bragg's acv is so cheap! It costs them very little to make---and it's Made In America, unlike most things we mindlessly buy here now---so they sell it at a fair price, a major bargain when you see what it does for your health. Hmmm, a five dollar bottle of acv, or a $5,000 surgery? Tough call. Yet that comparison is no joke. Research acv, alkalinity and illness and see what you learn.

When I feel illness coming on, or am just tired and wiped out, I have a quick glass of acv water, and I feel better in minutes. It really is a "miracle". Well, what it really is is simple common sense, knowing how your blood and body work together to keep your whole system healthy. Knowing that we don't really need all those rich foods and animal products that make our blood thick and gluey and acidic. Knowing that most of the miracle cures we are sold, and unnecessary surgeries, and the medical establishment in general, are all out for profit first and health last...because healthy people are not profitable people for the medical system. A fact that has crippled American health care and our economy in general. NOTHING matters more than learning how to be our own health care professionals. If only the govt gave us tax credits for not abusing the health care system...

One last thought: always buy acv in GLASS bottles. I bought the gallon they sell in plastic, and you could taste the plastic in there a bit. Vinegar leaches like crazy, obviously, so plastic is a bad call. Plus when the quart is barely five bucks, and the gallon is almost 20, there's no savings. I use the old glass bottles as water bottles, and they work perfectly.

If you're a smart human being who wants to take control of their own health, and those two things go hand in hand, and you've read this far, then congratulations! You are about to save thousands a year on health costs, live a longer and happier life, and really start to enjoy every day more than you could ever guess possible, all from a simple little bit of vinegar.

It's no miracle. It's just common sense: taking the time to understand your own body and health, and taking control of your life instead of giving it away to the medical profiteers.

And soon enough you'll be telling your friends about it, or just giving them bottles of acv when they ask why you never seem to get sick and are usually in a good mood all the time. Five bucks never went so far.

If you ever find a bargain anywhere near that, please write and tell me what it is. Because for the money, I've never found a product that did so much for so little as good old apple cider vinegar.
44 comments| 237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2015
I can't believe I'm doing this but here it goes....

I'm one of those people who doesn't leave in-depth reviews, I've tried a lot of things health related in the past. This works, I was so bloated weighing in at 185.6 lbs, by day 4 of using braggs I was 180 lbs. My stomach LOOKED smaller and I felt a great surge of energy. I've recommend it to everyone in the office. Drink this stuff before and during your work outs, it's the pep in your step you're looking for.I know I will not ever give this stuff up. My vegan friend told me about it and I now hold her more dear because she has no idea what miracle she presented me with.
on November 12, 2014
A Toast to Vinegar Water in the Mornin'! Am I just plain making this stuff up in my head OR are all the positive things I'm reading about drinking Vinegar Water TRUE? You tell me! No way to prove anything.....'cept I feel SO much better since going on this regime and it's been about 4 months now. NO more acid reflux (unless I fail to drink a glass just before bedtime after a night of heavy alcoholic drinking), NO more acid indigestion. But instead? Higher energy every time I drink the stuff each morning. And I'm not faithful . . . hitting about 5 days out of 7. My cholesterol levels lowered noticeably also . . . 167 down to 143 . . . only added the Garcinia Cambogia during the last month . . . so I do give credit to both. Have lost a total of 13 pounds . . . not bad for NO exercise and only a little cutting back on food intake but no lowering of fat.....plus being 60 years old. I'm thrilled . . . absolutely thrilled with this product.