5.0 out of 5 stars mellow and not salty
Bragg - Bragg Liquid Aminos, 16 Fl Oz

This seasoning is awesome. It is so much better than using Soy Sauce. Never to salty and healthier for you. I am glad that I was introduced a few years ago to this product and will continue to use it.
Published on March 10, 2011 by Teri

1.0 out of 5 stars higher in sodium than regular soy sauce
Published 21 months ago by Jem

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars mellow and not salty, March 10, 2011
Bragg - Bragg Liquid Aminos, 16 Fl Oz

1.0 out of 5 stars higher in sodium than regular soy sauce, October 13, 2012
This review is from: Bragg Liquid Aminos - All Purpose Seasoning - 16oz (Misc.)
I was recommended this product by a friend who had read several articles on it being a healthier option than soy sauce. So, I tried it. It tastes okay - not as good as traditional soy sauce, but a decent substitute in recipes calling for it. I used it for a few weeks before finally looking more closely at the label. Kikkoman Soy Sauce has 920mg of sodium per serving. Low Sodium Kikkoman Soy Sauce has 575mg per serving. Bragg's has 160mg per serving. However, all the soy sauces I checked have a serving size of one tablespoon. Bragg's serving size is HALF A TEASPOON! This makes it 960mg in an equivalent serving - more than regular soy sauce! I was shocked, and then angry.

Every "substitute" product - whether low fat, low sodium, higher fiber, whatever - I have ever tried before now has the same serving size as the product it is recommended in place of. Not only is this not equivalent, it is a ridiculous serving size. I could not find another liquid condiment of any type (ketchup, mustard, steak sauce, salad dressing, ginger sauce, etc.) that had a serving size smaller than one tablespoon, and many are two tablespoons. Not only is regular soy sauce lower in sodium, but obviously the low sodium options from name brands like Kikkoman or La Choy are significantly lower.

There are many other seasoning options that are lower in sodium than this. If you like the taste, that is one thing. However, if you are looking to lower your sodium intake this is not a good product. Further, I feel that THE SERVING SIZE IS DESIGNED TO DECEIVE CUSTOMERS, and I will not be trying another Bragg product ever again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bragg Liquid Aminos, October 21, 2012
This review is from: Bragg Liquid Aminos - All Purpose Seasoning - 16oz (Misc.)
Tastes just like soy sauce!!Works really well in stir frys, on meat or poultry even a splash on salad is great. Anything you would use soy sauce for you can use this.
Great for dieters as it does not bloat you. It also does not cause water retention like traditional soy sauce does. Adds alot of flavor without the calories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it for protein treatment on my hair, September 28, 2013
This review is from: Bragg Liquid Aminos - All Purpose Seasoning - 16oz (Misc.)
I use this product as a protein treatment on my hair. The formula is from a youtube video that suggested this product for low porosity hair. You mix this in 1tbs with 1tbs of baking soda into 2 cups of yogurt and add to hair. It was wonderful. It work for the purpose i purchased it for. I will be using this with some of my regular conditioners to enhance the protein regimen for my hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Purpose Seasoning, July 12, 2013
This review is from: Bragg Liquid Aminos - All Purpose Seasoning - 16oz (Misc.)
Enhanced the flavor of the meat. I use it on the beef and pork I smoke, and also on fish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly delicious!!, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Bragg Liquid Aminos - All Purpose Seasoning - 16oz (Misc.)
I use this liquid seasoning with my stir fry! Veggies, steak, shrimp, & chicken! It's a great alternative to soy sauce.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes just like soy sauce., May 18, 2014
This review is from: Bragg Liquid Aminos - All Purpose Seasoning - 16oz (Misc.)
I've used this as marinade and like I would soy sauce over noodles. VERY good - would never guess it wasn't soy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product great packaging, March 28, 2014
This review is from: Bragg Liquid Aminos - All Purpose Seasoning - 16oz (Misc.)
This is a high quality product with superior packaging. It's a great alternative to soy sauce. I was concerned it might leak bring shipped through the mail, but it was perfectly intact.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this stuff, August 14, 2013
This review is from: Bragg Liquid Aminos - All Purpose Seasoning - 16oz (Misc.)
I've been using Bragg's Liquid Aminos as a soy sauce replacement for years now. It's better for you than soy sauce and in my opinion it tastes better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Bragg Liquid Aminos - All Purpose Seasoning - 16oz (Misc.)
Very delicious and healthy substitute for Soy Sauce. This is the 2nd bottle I have bought, because I want to have an extra on hand at all times, even though I do not normally use much Soy Sauce. I would highly recommend this to everyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›