Use this for a anti-snoring device and it works wonders for me by helping to keep my jaw forward while I sleep.

Published 16 months ago by digifect

3.0 out of 5 stars good product but a bit tough to fit. 3 1/2 stars
Published on October 13, 2009 by A. Mandeville

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a anti-snoring device (if you have an issue with your lower jaw relaxing too much at night), March 5, 2013

I had a previous Brain-Pad mouth guard and wanted to try this version out after I had an adjustment on some of my teeth because it was cheaper. It was easy to do the boiling process and did have to trim it down but fits me perfectly. I might have to get a few more just for a backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product! Fits the need..., January 4, 2009
SJB (Westchester County, NY) - See all my reviews
I have two teenagers who wear braces and play contact sports - wrestling and martial arts. Finding this mouthguard was like finding a treasure. This product not only protects the teeth and jaw, the construction of upper AND lower guards protect the soft tissue of the gums and inner lips from being cut by the braces. This lower lip protection was exactly what I've been looking for because, as anyone involved in sports knows, the mouth, lips and gums can bleed quite a bit - and braces increase that chance during contact sports. The air vent is another great feature that allows them to breath easily during exertion. The boys say they are very comfortable to wear. I will be ordering extra LoPro Plus mouthguards.

4.0 out of 5 stars BRUXISM USE = EXCELLENT!, September 10, 2011
I've been grinding my teeth my whole life (30 years) and on the advice of a dentist am now using nighttime dental guards. I have chewed through 2 expensive Splintex Dura Guard mouth pieces. So, I discovered Brain-Pad LoPro+ on Amazon, and saw that someone else, too, was planning on using it for nighttime bruxism. I have a small mouth and ordered the junior. I'm 5'8", medium-sized bone structure (size 10 shoes) female caucasian. For my use, the junior works fine. It does NOT cover my molars. However, if I needed it for athletic reasons I'd re-order a size in medium. I'd rather cut it to size than have to re-order yet again! I used the Brain Pad for the first time last night and it was better for me than the Splintex dental guard ever was. Whodathunkit?

3.0 out of 5 stars good product but a bit tough to fit. 3 1/2 stars, October 13, 2009
This is a mouth guard that is heat fit by boiling. The guard is large and takes some getting used to..and I don't mean the usual drool or saliva issues thats normal, I mean its feel in you mouth is large and will press you gumswhere the edge rolls in..(see the picture). that said once your used to the feel it does a good job and absorbs blows well My bite felt less rattled by hard hits and continued use has allowed the piece to feel better in my mouth. The unit is fit by boiling to soften and then biting down to mold to you mouth features. This took some effort and thankfully it can be refit by simply reheating it if your bite feels wrong. A good product but the boiling is touchy to get right so follow the instuctions to the letter , take your time, and bite down hard when fitting.

So concluding one star lost for the fitting of the round edges...my gums hated this, and 1/2 star for the touchy boil fitting...but I would by again and I would recommend as a mouth guard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stopped my snoring, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Brain-Pad LoPro+ Double Laminated Strap/Strapless Combo in one Mouthguard (Sports)
I bought this because it was cheap and I had seen a few people mention that it stopped their snoring. I had a surgery that did nothing for my snoring, but this actually seems to help. It feels a little bulky in my mouth, but I have gotten used to sleeping with it every night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightime teeth grinding/bruxism - AMAZING, January 15, 2012
I have been grinding my teeth at night my whole life. My sister also grinds her teeth at night and bought one of these for both of us. I used it for the first time last night. I awoke this morning and removed the device and just started giggling. I giggled for about five minutes while opening and closing my mouth and feeling my face. For the first time in many, many years I awoke without a headache and my jaw did not hurt. It felt light. My jaw felt light, my face felt light, my whole HEAD felt, still feels, light.

I did not know much discomfort I had in my jaw and face in the mornings until I awoke this morning and it was gone. Absolutely amazing. I can open my jaw all the way without having to stretch it out first and I am looking forward to the rest of the day with a completely relaxed face. I am stunned. Please try this inexpensive (if completely unattractive) device if you grind your teeth at night. You will have a wonderful morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brain Pad Worth IT!, October 28, 2012
I have used the Brain Pad mouth piece for sleeping with great results. It prevents my teech from grinding while sleeping with the added benifit of helping with my snoring and sleep apnea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guard, great price, great service, January 7, 2009
The title pretty much says it all. The fit and feel, once you fit it to yourself, is excellent. The breathing holes as I like to call them, let you breath easy in rough times. Jaw support is great. It actually brings the lower jaw forward so that when you get hit, your lower jaw won't smake your upper, and that little nerve that puts you down for the count. Very durable and should last you a good while.

At just around $14, it's an excellent price for something that makes so much difference in your game weather it be full contact or not. Excellent protection so you don't mess up your grill any more than it already is.

Service from Piranha Gear was also great. I orderd this product, along with their Pro Fight Gloves, item number B001M0EFTO if you're interested, on Christmas day, and I think the lot got here (Belgium) 5 or 6 days later, which is awesome. There was even a hand written note in the box along with the merchandise, which was a great touch.

If you're in the market for a new guard, or any new gear, I would definatly recommend Piranha Gear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brain-Pad mouth piece used as an anti-snoring device, September 5, 2013
Apparently, this is designed for a sports mouthpiece but it works perfectly for an anti-snoring device! I'm SO GLAD I bought this. I joke that I haven't had a good nights sleep since I got married but this little device has solved that problem. I don't know if any sports mouth piece will work or not. This particular one has a bottom and top piece that are connected but has an air space between to allow for air flow. I believe this works better than the regular one piece ones because of that and also because it holds the bottom jaw in place. Just my speculation though. I don't know why it works, I just know that it does. HALLELUJAH!

1.0 out of 5 stars The overall size runs big., November 3, 2013
This thing was enormous, I could barely fit it into my mouth, let alone use it -- because of that, I can't attest to the product's worthiness.

Brain-Pad Lo Pro+ Plus Mouthguard