5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for developing minds and their parents!
Published on December 27, 2006 by feline

3.0 out of 5 stars Adult or Child?
Published on February 25, 2011 by Toby

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for developing minds and their parents!, December 27, 2006
This review is from: The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book! (Paperback)
Finally! A great puzzle book for kids that goes beyond word search and mazes! I've seen great logic and puzzle books for kids in Russian and was looking for something in English. I've asked every teacher and parent, I've search the web with every conceivable keyword - nothing. And then this book. My daughter (5.5 years) and I are spending many happy hours together. The right age, though, is probably 7+

3.0 out of 5 stars Adult or Child?, February 25, 2011
This review is from: The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book! (Paperback)
If you are buying this book for an adult, I wouldn't. If you are buying this book for a child or someone even up to 16, I think it would be a good thing. It is too kiddish for adults and I sent one to a friend who has a lot of time on his hands and he completed it in two days. I also got one myself at the same time and was a little embarrassed that I had sent him the book because it was so kiddish.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, January 18, 2009
This review is from: The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book! (Paperback)
This book is awesome I am looking to purchase a second edition. Is there another one in print? This book is so much fun it gives your mind a real work out, hate to put it down. It is not like other puzzle books where you have to struggle to complete or get so frustrated you don't enjoy it. Everyone that sees me with it says it looks like a lot of fun, my response it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for after tests, October 1, 2010
This review is from: The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book! (Paperback)
I am a 7th grade teacher and this is my go-to book for puzzles after tests and quizzes. Interesting and engaging, my kids love this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stimulating for the brain -- beautiful to the eyes!, June 27, 2012
This review is from: The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book! (Paperback)
Sometimes when you are looking for a puzzle book, you want more than activity for your brain. You want something that's a treat for the eyes, too. That's what's so great about this book. Not only are the puzzles top-notch, but the accompanying graphics are stellar. The illustrations -- both for the puzzles themselves, and for the accompanying ornamentation -- are full color and vividly rendered. Cartoon characters abound. There are several main ones, including Einstein, Alice in Wonderland, Sir Lancelot, Sherlock Holmes, and more. These are presented in a bright, clear and flowing style that has personality and humor.

And what about the puzzles themselves? I love them. Using the great graphics to the maximum advantage, they draw you in with intriguing scenarios. Many of the puzzles really put you "in the action," such as an excellent one that has astronauts floating all over the place, where you need to match their recorded views with their positions in the picture.

This book may more appealing to younger people, though, rather than adults. The puzzles have a decidedly juvenile feel. And the graphics are definitely geared more towards kids. While it's perhaps more appropriate to children, you may still really like this book if you have a soft spot for great cartoon-style illustration.

5.0 out of 5 stars As a gift, December 20, 2009
This review is from: The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book! (Paperback)
I recently sent this to a friend who is doing a short sentance in the county jail, and he did not put it down for 3 weeks straight! He was in a hit and run car accident recently and spent 2 months in a comma. Since then, he has had trouble focusing thoughts and short term memory recollection. Since he has been focusing on these puzzles, I have seen a distinct progression in complete, organized thoughts, and he says he is remembering more. Not that is book is a miracle or anything, but I do think it has a direct affect in his brain therapy. I have since ordered him two more books to continue his progress. In his situation, he LOVED the "Wordman of Alcatraz"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great puzzle book!, December 19, 2010
This review is from: The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book! (Paperback)
I got this for my 9 y/o son so he would have something to do on our vacation. Some of the puzzles were a little hard for him, but he enjoyed many other ones. They really make you think. Even an adult would enjoy doing them. I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars brain puzzles, December 3, 2010
This review is from: The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book! (Paperback)
if you like brain puzzles and you are better at picture stuff rather than words and math....then i expect you'll appreciate this book no matter what age you are. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best present I've gotten the grandkids, June 12, 2010
This review is from: The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book! (Paperback)
My grandkids are absolutely addicted to this book, what a nice change from staring at the TV. What I noticed was that the parents seemed to get involved also. My granddaughter who is 7 looks for it as soon as she gets up. My 9 yr old grandson used to do crossword puzzles with me but we couldn't find ones that fit his age group. This is so much more interesting, some are fairly easy and others not so easy. I just recommended it to the mother of a 5 year old There are enough puzzles for that age group to make it worth the money. I'm sure this will keep them busy through the summer vacation.

2.0 out of 5 stars Heads up for Halloween, October 21, 2014
This review is from: The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book! (Paperback)
Just a big heads up for anyone sensitive to holiday issues. This should nearly be titled as some sort of "Halloween puzzle book" due to the MULTITUDE of Halloween material in it. Seriously.. it's a bit over the top without having called it out as such. Almost every 2nd page through the entire book has some sort of themed puzzle with witches, ghosts, spells, mummies, haunted house, gnomes, monsters, cemeteries, etc. There are also a lot of "Christmas" (ie. Santa, stocking stuffers) puzzles. Just so you know what you're buying..

The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book!
The Brainiest Insaniest Ultimate Puzzle Book! by Mike Shenk (Paperback - December 13, 2006)
$11.95 $8.46