Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

• Customer Reviews

on January 16, 2011
I have owned tons of headphones in my lifetime, in ear, over the ear, and on the ear....I've tried some of the most expensive(Bose, Sennheiser, AKG,etc.)and almost all have been over-hyped and under- whelming.You rarely seemed to get what you paid for. Of late there has been a mini revolution going on in the headphone world: cheap headphones(mainly from China)that actually sound as good as or better than headphones costing nearly twice their price! The M2's are a great example of the great bang for the buck available to the lucky consumer with not alot of spending cash to play around with. I have owned these for over 6 months now, bought originally direct from China, and I have to say they are among the best sounding iem's(in ear) I have ever used. They have great sound quality, with a wide sound stage that reproduces great, detailed low's and mid's, while still producing clear hi's.Never does the music sound like its being overrun by any one type of sound, very balanced and pure.The build quality is top notch as well, with silver based wires that have a strong covering, which makes for a solid feel while using them. The heavy wire casing also makes microphonics(the noise you hear when the cable rubs against you)is minimal, a nice touch. They come with nice accessories as well, including many sizes of ear buds, including foam and silicone ones, that all but insure a great fit. They also have over the ear hangers to help reduce microphonics even more. It even has a nice hard case to carry it all in, all for a great price. You really cant go wrong if you are looking for a low priced set of headphones that can hold their own with headphones costing over $100.00 easily. Google these to read even more great things said about them, they really are that good! Highly recommended!
33 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2014
As someone who has a degenerative eye disease, I have begun to rely more and more on my hearing. I am no audiophile by any means,but I have been listening to music through all kinds of devices for at least 10 years, and in the past 2 I have tried out more than just your average $10-25 drugstore 'phones. I have been looking for the best set around $50(I lose my headphones every 6 months to a year, so I wanted quality that won't break the bank), and my contestants included:
Klipsch Image S4
LG Tone 730 & 700
Brainwavz M2
Etymotic Research Mc3 (These were a steal auction find for me at $55, they usually go for around $75)

Sound Quality: 9 out of 10
As far as sound quality goes, the Brainwavz kicked them ALL out the water. Like I said, I'm no producer, but I've never had a pair of headphones that has the range that these babies will give you. I was literally shocked at the clarity of the overall sound even at low volumes and super high volumes, the balanced, smooth treble, and bass I could really feel. Combine all that, and I felt like Sam Smith was serenading me in person(oh boy, you can bet I was a happy lady). I can say that the bass could be more punchy for Dubstep/House/Rock fans, but it probably would' have been at the cost of less crisp highs and mids. I love all genres and styles however, including my floor-rumbling beats, and I can wholeheartedly say I can deal with the bass level. Classical, Jazz, R&B, Country, and the rest of the more articulate genres sound crystal clear- I can hear notes that you've never heard before in old songs I always listen to! The Etymotics are comparable in sound quality, but the rest don't even come close.

Aesthetics/Usability: 10 out of 10
Sure, some people don't mind walking around with plastic bulbs, squares or neon-colored ear-hugging style headphones; but I want to look decent while wearing mine, and these are headphones that I -Want- to show off. The Klipsch headphones are comparable, but the Brainwavz M2 headphones have an all metal casing that really outshines the rest; you can tell that whoever made this put a lot of thought into the overall design. The LG Tone is a bluetooth headset and has a futuristic look that is very taste-specific (you either like it or you don't) that isn't very functional for exercise, as it bounces around your neck during high activity. Don't even get me started on the wonky design of the Etymotics. Heck, even the case for the Brainwavz is flashy! In the end, they look like they cost more than I paid for them.

Quality/Durability: 8.5 out of 10
I have only had these headphones for a week and will update this review as time passes, but they are definitely made of sturdier materials than the Klipsch and LG Tone headphones. The Etymotics are basically bulletprroof, so it didn't win over those, but only time will tell how these hold up. The braided cord is the highest quality I've seen and is truly tangle resistant as long as you coil it firmly around three fingers before storage as the instructions state. I am slightly concerned as one of the black rubber-type covers on the connection between the headphone and the cord slipped off and I had to slide it back on, but it seems to be more of an aesthetic fault than a possible mechanical issue. I don't see these headphones standing up to being coated in sweat, washed in the washing machine, or swung onto a granite counter-top, but as a person who is careful and doesn't sweat a lot this isn't much of an issue for me.

Bottom Line: These headphones make losing my eyesight not seem so bad anymore. Try them out.
on January 15, 2011
My old headphones broke and I was looking for a new pair. My friend said, "hey try these and gave them to me." I fell in love immediately. The cord isnt the cheap headphone cords you often see. In-ear headphones dont alwas fit me well and these fit perfectally and are confortable. When I plugged them in the sound quality was amazing. Actualy better then my Bang and Olufsens that cost 4x as much and dont fit nearly as well. If you like base then these headphones are for you. Its is deep and full considering the compact size. The range in the his and mids are also exellent. Also, supplied were numerous shapes of ear buds so I can customize the fit. I am a small in one ear and a medium in the other.
on June 21, 2011
My Etymotic Research ER-6i earphones finally died after a few years of heavy use at the gym and I decided to give these Brainwavz a try after reading some very positive reviews. In retrospect, I wish I had spent the extra money and stayed with Etymotic. While there are indeed some positive aspects of the M2s, the inability of these phones to stay put while exercising was the breaking point for me. Here are some pros and cons:

Pros
- Sound: These phones pump out a great sound. Bass is better than the Etymotic ER-6i phones. Like most headphones, make sure you burn them in.
- Cord: I really like the thickness of the cord. Feels very durable and has the right amount of weight to it. Also, the length is just about perfect for me, although I could see it being too short for some people. Cord is a few inches shorter than the ER-6i's cord.
- No/low maintenance required: Unlike the ER-6i phones, these phones don't require you to change out filters. Also, the ear-tips on these phones seemed to stay cleaner longer than the ones from Etymotic.

Cons
- Fit: This was really the killer for me. I have fairly narrow ear canals and the design of these earphones did not fit well in my ears. Now that's not to say that they were uncomfortable, but as soon as I started moving around and working up a sweat, the M2s couldn't seem to hang on. Brainwavs doesn't give you too many options in terms of foam pieces (whereas Etymotic does). Some people may find the design of the M2s to be perfect for them, and that's great.
- Sound Isolation: Because I couldn't get a real solid fit, the sound isolation wasn't nearly as good as with the ER-6i phones. Even if they were to fit me, the foam tips don't really have the earplug effect that other noise isolation phones do. If good noise isolation is critical for you, I'd recommend looking elsewhere.
on December 9, 2012
I've tried all kinds of earbuds. From low end skull candy's that you get from walmart, all the way to Bose and Dr.Dre earbuds. I did my research. I asked dozens of audiophiles, read plenty of threads, reviews, ratings lists, etc and in the end I settled on the M2's. I couldn't be happier. The M2's are easily the best bang for your buck and have become my favorite earbuds. As a college student, they've seen plenty of use and abuse. Averaging 12 hours of use a day for about a year. The braided cord is very thick and hard and retains a lot of it's shape. So it' very durable, but not comfortable. Unlike other reviews, I found the perfect fit a pair of the medium sized rubber eartips. Of course, this varies from person to person but I've used the M2's for mountain biking, jogging, drumming, guitar playing, video gaming, and I've never had them fall out. Not once. I can wear them for hours and forget I even had them in. As for the sound, I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. I listen to all kinds of genres. From Classical music to Progressive Metal and these sound FANTASTIC for all of them. I've been to stores to try out other earbuds and headphones costing multiple times more than the M2, but I keep coming back to the warm, punchy, and clear sound of the M2s. Keep in mind, these are not bass heavy monsters. The bass is definitely powerful, but it's not overpowering. E.g. I've tried bass enthusiast earbuds and you can feel the bass pounding away at your eardrums. That's not the case with these M2's. You can feel the bass as if they were at a distance like if you were mid-row at a concert, but not as if you had your head plastered to the PA system like the bass heavy earbuds I've tried. The highs are clear enough that I can distinguish individual drum cymbals, vocalists breath, guitarists every picking sliding across the string, etc. The mids are most prominent on these earbuds. I'm totally okay with that, and I actually prefer it since I mostly listen to rock. I highly recommend these earbuds to any smart buyer that wants a very durable and premium sounding set. If you seriously love your music, don't settle on walmart bought earbuds or envy your friend's $100+ Dr. Dre chinese made mediocre headsets with pretty colors. I can say with confidence that this pair of earbuds opened up my mind to a whole new world of music. I am a music addict now. I have a premium subscription to spotify and whenever I download an album I tend to find the highest quality format because I know these earbuds can deliver a mind-blowing listening experience. I'll be ordering a second pair soon and keep it as a back up. I could easily afford higher priced sets but I am in love with the sound of these.
on May 2, 2013
I like to watch tv to go to sleep with the wife next to me, but I have to wear headphones to do so. I have gone trough lots of headphones due to the fact that sometimes I sleep wearing them and roll around in them till they bother my ears and I take them off in my sleep and toss them on the ground. Most headphones have one of the sides quit early, some headphones lose the connection and I have to play with the wire to get them to work again, some quit all together, some come apart or tear, or just get funky. The rubber tips on these also stay on all the time, so I don't have to hunt around for a lost ear tip on the bed all the time. These suckers refuse to quit on me, I had them for 8 MONTHS now and they still work! I smack then on the floor I roll on them, I lay on them and they still work! As an added bonus they sound fantastic! Highly recommended.
on June 23, 2014
A solidly-built pair of earbuds is necessary for many things, ranging from a morning jog to cleaning the house. For me, grooving about the kitchen and not worrying about my earbud wires becoming tangled as I lean down to collect ingredients for dinner is a necessity. Oh, and most importantly, if the music doesn’t sound awesome, then nothing I typed before this sentence even matters in the first place.

Construction

The Brainwavz M2 Earbuds include the following:

• Hardback, zippered, clamshell case
• Pair of M2 earbuds with braided wiring and L-jack
• A gator clip that you can attach to the wiring, if desired
• Alternative earbud tips in different sizes, including memory foam replacement tips

The body of the earbuds is solid metal, and unlike other models of Brainwavz earbuds that I have used, the “L” and “R” markings on each earbud are easy to see and thus differentiate to place into each ear. There is a black band around the back edge of each earbud that is slightly rubberized, a nice feature that gives you a bit of a grip to hold onto when inserting the buds into your ear. Replacing the tips for comfort is very easy; simply squeeze the tip that is on the earbud currently (gently), pull it off, and replace it with the new one. Since the tips have an inner “cup” that has a bit of rigidity, it is quite a bit easier to insert/remove than some other brands/models of earbuds.

Use

This is where the Brainwavz M2 Earbuds shine. I listen to a fairly eclectic selection of music, and as such, my playlist tends to include everything from the faintest strains of classical music to the most offbeat bass of modern music. For the sake of simplicity, I will try to explain my happiness with the M2s without waxing poetic.

First: the braided/thin cable of the M2s will not tangle easily, and especially if you use the enclosed gator clip, will stay close to your body during use. This is an awesome feature and one that endeared me to using the M2s as I bounced about during the day.

Second: The sound quality was amazing. I was able to switch from songs like Handel’s “Messiah”, where the oboe was clear without static, to older rap selections like Tone-Loc’s “Wild Thing” and pick out every aspect of the song (including the trademark raspiness of Tone-Loc’s voice) with no trouble whatsoever. In the classic rock/metal department I tried Judas Priest’s “Turbo Lover” and it sounded amazing, so too did “Welcome to the Jungle”, and the modern rock song “Criminal” by Framing Hanley. Harmony, melody, bass, treble, vocal; all of it was easily discerned and played with a quality that belied the pricing point of this pair of earbuds!

Conclusion

If you are in the market for a quality pair of earbuds that are in the $40-$60 price point, you cannot do much better that the Brainwavz M2s, especially when you consider the 12-month warranty that they are including with the purchase. The case, multiple earbud tips, and most importantly, the sound quality, make this a purchase well worth the mid-$50 range. I have tried out other Brainwavz products, and I can say with some surprise and definite confidence that this relative newcomer has come out swinging, and definitely connected with some solid punches of great craftsmanship and quality. Whether for yourself or as a gift, these are definitely a pair of earbuds to consider.

**Disclaimer: These earbuds were sent to me by the manufacturer at no cost to review. While I do not feel that this influenced me in any capacity, I am legally obligated to disclose this fact so that you can come to your own conclusions about the merit of this analysis.**
on August 12, 2011
Sound:
Been using these for over a week now, and I must say I have been impressed. The buds were slightly tinny out-of-box and the bass was noticeably tight. After a 24-hour burn-in (let music play through them overnight at loud setting), the bass loosened up quite a bit and the highs mellowed out. The sound quality now is very nice for how much these things cost, I would compare it to the Koss "Porta-Pro" On-ear set but with a much warmer signature. Most likely the best sound you can get at this price range (in my opinion)

Build Quality:
Excellent braided cabling really jumped out at me when I opened the box, they are definitely tangle resistant, but because of that can feel too stiff and somewhat keep a "loopy" form from being rolled up into the case. The plug is off-set at about a 100 degree angle, which is a huge plus. The buds themselves are solid and appear to be mostly an aluminum casing. The ear buds tips that come with are Sony hybrid knockoffs that work well, and one pair of comply t-400 foam tips (medium) which work much better. The little semi-hard case that comes with is good quality and easy to use.

Conclusion:
If you listen to what I do (rock, indie, jazz, limited electronic and pop) I Fully recommend this pair of buds. I paid $60, and would do so again.
on November 26, 2011
In the top 3 pairs of headphones I've owned. Good quality sound, light weight and strong. I have small ears and the adapters worked great, I used the smallest ones and it feels just as it should. Snug and not gonna fall out when I run or under the helmet on the mc, but it's also not too tight. I haven't felt irritation after using for a few hours which is a typical problem I run into. The only thing I don't like is the cable, it looks like tight latex pants, but I think that's what gives it that no-tangle ability that I'll take any day over better looking wire. The case is a hard case that looks cloth on the outside, fits the headphones plus more room if you need it, would fit a small usb thumb drive. Small elastic mesh pocket inside that could hold additional inserts if you needed it. The sound quality is crisp and I haven't experienced any distortion or crackling.
on October 6, 2013
I like these IEMs a lot. They're slightly mid-bass forward and they've got a lot of vocal presence to them. Bass extension is deep for the price and the high end is pretty clear. They fit with a nice seal and great isolation thanks to the plethora of tip options given. The carry case is quite nice and build quality is decent (the cable protectors near the ear-buds just slide right off and don't do much but it's a very minor annoyance. They're quite easily powered by my iPod touch and I don't see much of an improvement from an amp other than very very slightly more focused bass..

One major note for me is that the cable, while strong and fairly resistant to micro-phonics, can develop kinks very easily. When they first arrived, there were two kinks right up by the ear-buds that caused the cable to rub against my cheeks whenever they were worn. This is extremely annoying due to the thick cabling and there is no easy way to get the kinks out. I eventually got used to the cable even though after a few weeks of keeping the cable straight, the kinks are still there.

These are easily my favorite sounding IEM's, and they're quite a step up from the Sennheiser cx300II's I was using before. If you can get them for around $50, it's easily worth it.