Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Duck Brand Kraft Corrugated Shipping Boxes, 11.75" x 8" x 4.75", Brown, 12-Pack (394526)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Style: 11.75" x 8" x 4.75"|Change

on January 3, 2011
I'm a self-confessed fabric hoarder, and needed big, strong, sturdy boxes to pack up my stash when we decided to move. In January. In Wisconsin.

These boxes are crap. There's simply no other way to put it. The panels are flimsy, and the hand cutouts either dig into your fingers, or tear open (straight into the top). And to think, the handles were the whole reason I purchased these dumb boxes!

There's no way in hell that they're rated for 200#. No way. At the most, mine weighed 40# & they collapsed & fell apart.

Buy plastic tubs if you can, at least for moving/storage purposes. These just don't cut it.
on August 5, 2011
We bought these boxes for a move. The major selling point was the cheaper price. The boxes fell apart and the shippers literally brought torn boxes into our house. DONT waste your money. Spend more and get better boxes.
VINE VOICEon November 4, 2009
It's hard to get excited about a box, I know. I need inexpensive boxes to ship books and these were right up my alley. I picked these because the choices are limited on Amazon for boxes at this size, prize and which are also available for free shipping (shipping can be twice as much from many of the outside sources). If Amazon decides to stock the smaller book boxes and have them available for free shipping, I'll be a little more excited; until then, these Duck brands are strong and will do the job at a reasonable price.
on December 27, 2010
If you need cheap boxes, go to a retailer and ask for their used boxes. (Computer boxes are terrific.) Or, if you are going to buy boxes, get them from U-Haul.

Our Duck boxes were made of very cheap cardboard. They tore when we tried to use the hand cutouts, and were just all-around flimsy. I would not buy Duck boxes for storage, much less moving.
on March 21, 2011
I useed these to send boxes to myself from Afghanistan as I was redeploying. The boxes are of decent quality. All the boxes made it home safe, but they took some serious damage. A couple of the boxes had to be resealed by USPS en route because the box broke along the seal. Nothing was lost, so I only took off one star for that.

They are boxes.
on May 3, 2011
I am a college student who bought these boxes for the move from the dorms to my new apartment. The boxes claim to have "200 pound strength," but as I was carrying the boxes up the two flights of stairs to my apartment (none of which weighted more than about 50 pounds), the hand holds on each of them broke. Fortunately, I had a friend helping me so I was able to get the boxes up the stairs despite the fact that the tops were torn. I know I shouldn't have bought these, seeing that they only had two stars, just because they were affordable, but I did. Now I've learned my lesson: In the future, I will make room in my budget for better boxes!
on August 13, 2011
I'm in the processing of selling off some of my vast fabric collection (HOARDER ALERT!! HOARDER ALERT!!), and needed another option besides the seriously expensive Priority Mail "free" boxes. Yeah, the boxes are free . . . but you pay for it in higher shipping costs. With that being said, I still use Priority Mail for lightweight items; but for heavy-ish, non-flat-rate boxes, they're just too expensive.

Anyway, these boxes are very sturdy & economical for the beating that UPS & the post office put them through. I've never had one break down or fall apart in transit; and they're small enough when flat packed to keep tucked away in the back of my closet.

I would have given them 5 stars, but the price is just a little bit high. I found 12" x 12" x 8" boxes at my local Wall Mart Supercenter for $0.58; although the convenience of having these delivered to my door during the middle of another brutal Wisconsin winter will be worth the extra cost.
on November 23, 2011
I bought these boxes new to mail books (via USPS Media Mail). 7 out of 9 boxes arrived with major tears which the USPS had to tape to repair. The boxes weighed between 23 and 35 lbs. each, one box which weighed 24.5 lbs. tore open and books fell out of the box. One box has not yet arrived after six weeks and at this point I have low hopes of it arriving. Lest you think that this is totally the fault of the USPS, I also used 8 non-Duck boxes and they all survived the USPS intact. The majority of these boxes which were OK were over 10 years old, one had already been used for mailing via the USPS before.

If you do decide to use these boxes to mail items, tape all of the edges and tape completely around the box twice (in perpendicular directions). The tape will be stronger than the box.
on March 26, 2012
As others have noted, these are VERY poor quality.

I foolishly bought some to ship some books and clothing to a new address, and I now have possessions strew across several states. The boxes split during shipping though I'd sealed all seams with at least three strips of tape. None of the boxes were loaded anywhere near the stated weight capacity.

While they might suffice for storing things in one's garage, they are worthless for shipping. Based on the number of boxes I used, their failure rate (based on the missives I've gotten from the postal service) was about 30%, and it may be higher...I'll have to see when I get to my new address how many actually made it.

Save your money...I'm out hundreds of dollars in books that were ruined. I'd insured the packages, but hadn't insured for the full replacement costs (my bad). I've shipped many things over the past twenty years, and this is the only time I've had boxes break apart as these did.
on July 13, 2012
These are excellent shipping boxes, well made, evenly cut, flat for storage.

I took a chance after reading the reviews. I'm incredulous that anyone complained that these boxes were unevenly cut. My shipment is square all around, the edges line up perfectly when closed. They're better than any boxes that I've received objects in from any vendor on the net.

And the writing on the panels? Who cares?! There is plenty of open space on all four sides to address directly, and just cover up the printing with a paste-on label.

I'm taking the time to write this, as I would like to set straight the other reviews above. Especially because all other vendors sell 25 at a time, which takes up a lot of space if you don't have a lot of storage room.