Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Size: 6-Pack|Style: 54.6 Yards/Roll|Change

on February 9, 2012
This was my first purchase of this product, I had been using the USPS and Scotch brand packing tape previously for the past 33 years.

No comparison. Duck brand was thicker, clear and only required one swipe to seal the box. Scotch brand needed 2-3 swipes of tape. The Duck brand is about twice as thick and it is obviously crystal clear (see attached picture).

Cost breakdown per roll:

this item: .172 cents per yard
larger rolls of the Duct product packaging tape: .127 cents yard
Scotch: .198 yard
review image
88 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2009
I do a lot of eBay shipping, and have always used 3M tape to pack up my items. No complaints there. I'll be moving soon and have recently begun packing everything up. Well, I started to burn through that 3M tape pretty darn quick. Not wanting to use up all of my "premium" tape, just to move, I came on here looking for something just as good, but cheaper.

This product fit the bill (bill, like a Duck, get it?), nicely. It's a bit cheaper than the 3M stuff and seems to work just as well. It's quality feels about the same as the 3M stuff. I haven't had any problems with tape peeling off, but then again, I'm just moving then unpacking. I'm not storing the boxes, or anything like that, where how long the tape will retain its hold might come into play. So, I can't speak to that aspect. I know they sell tape specially designed for long-term storage, but I've never tried it.

This tape also lives up to its "crystal clear" specs. It's VERY clear, perfect for covering shipping labels, etc. Oh, and I'm using this tape in a 3M-branded dispenser. I prefer their dispensers over the Duck-branded ones. I find the tape slips out of the Duck-branded ones too often.

I'll definitely be ordering Duck-brand tape, in the future. It seems to be just as good as any other tape I've used, and will most certainly hold up for a trip through the mail.
I have been selling a lot of stuff on eBay lately and I have to pack a lot of boxes. Duck Brand Crystal Clear is a very thick tape, not the paper-thin type that tears into weird designs unintentionally - so you need to knick it with a utility knife to tear it. You don't end up with fringe on the roll like you do with the thinner tapes that requires a magnifying glass and adept finger nails to extract.
on June 26, 2015
Definitely not what I expected. I have been happy with there other products but it seems like is not made like the others. The adhesive is not strong enough. 24 hours after placing it on my moving boxes it starts lifting up by itself. With 30 moving boxes you can imaging the pain it was to get a different type of tape and redo the packing so the bottom didn't fall out. Be smart and start off with the right stuff.
review image
on November 1, 2011
My husband and I are moving and we are disenchanted with the typical small packing tape dispensers that you can pick up in any grocery store. With those, you have to tape things multiple times to get the durability you desire. When you are doing a house full of boxes, that's a LOT of taping!! This tape, however, is what I would call industrial strength tape. I don't need to "retape" and it's a full 3 inches wide, so I am not concerned with having my boxes open or fall apart! It's also very thick and strong. I used the Duck 3 inch dispenser as well and those two products combined are incredible! I don't have to worry about hurting myself while taping up boxes any more. :)
on December 10, 2014
Strong tape. Shreds in strips when using continuously. This was the first time I purchased this tape [normally use 3M tape]. I have been shipping thousands of packages per year for over 20 years. Does not matter which tape gun I use. Very disappointed, and will never buy again.
on March 3, 2012
I bought this tape because it had some good reviews. The tape I received did not stick to the boxes I was sealing. I tried a few different rolls of the batch but again, it didn't stick. Thinking it was a defective batch of tape, Amazon allowed me to exchange it for a new batch. But again, the second batch did not stick to the cardboard boxes. It's just terrible tape with not enough adhesive on it. Complete waste of money!
I use this tape to attach Paypal labels to plastic and paper envelopes, as well as package up cardboard boxes. It works well in both applications. I find it easier to use the tape without a tape applicator. I cut the tape with scissors, and store it with a small glossy paper tab under the end of the tape so it is easy to peel the end of the tape each time.

I noticed that the price on the on this product fluctuates. There is a nice online tool that I use to help catch a good price on Amazon, this tool is called "Online Price Alert". This tool will send you an email when the Amazon item price reaches the target price range that you specify. If you search on "online price alert" in Google it will be come up at the top. I find this tool to be very helpful.

This tape is a good bargain. I plan on using it again in the future.
on April 5, 2011
I think I got 'old stock' because every time the tape fell off the track and stuck itself back on the roll, I tried to pry it off and it came in strips - took forever to get it back to normal. Anyway, I canceled my subscribe and save because of it.
on March 1, 2015
I should have followed my instincts when I saw the 35 bad reviews. Or at least I should have started with one roll only. Instead, I stupidly bought the 6-pack. This tape does not stick to boxes. One box that I sent to someone arrived open with the contents having fallen out. I noticed that the tape didn't appear to be sticking well to some boxes before shipping (I do a fair amount of shipping), but decided to hope for the best. Another stupid move on my part, but not as stupid as buying this tape in bulk before trying it. Believe the dozens of other reviewers noting this problem. Probably okay to tape moving boxes and the like, but don't use for shipping.