4.0 out of 5 stars My impressions
I've had this item for about a week and so far im really impressed.
Published on April 2, 2012 by XIGRIMxREAPERIX

1.0 out of 5 stars Great shave but broke after 10 days
My German made Braun Activator was on its last legs, having served my face faithfully for 8 years. So I bit the bullet and bought a 390CC.

Published on February 23, 2012 by P.K. Frary

4.0 out of 5 stars My impressions, April 2, 2012
This review is from: Braun 3Series 390CC-4 Shaver (Health and Beauty)
I've had this item for about a week and so far im really impressed.
I'm upgrading from a norelco 8020x. To tell you the truth I was never really impressed with it and never got a nice close shave like I wanted. I just figured thats how the world of electrics went. Boy was I wrong. This shaver works perfectly for me. After my first shave with it I was impressed. No one little hair missed. Usually with the norelco I would go about my day and and then feel that one hair that had somehow avoided previous shaves. Words cant describe how happy I am that I can get a close shave with out cutting my face up. The cleaning system is neat however It lacks the ability to just charge. Heres my pros and cons of the shaver.
Pros:
-Build Quality- The shaver it self just feels right and that it was built to last.
-Close Shave- Like I said before this shaver has accomplished everything I want and everything my norelco couldn't
-Charging Lights- Its nice to see exactly how much battery I have left just in case I forget to charge it.
-Cleaning Light- Tells you when you should clean you shaver.
Cons:
-The charging Cable slips out. This bothered me. The Cord has just enough resistance to with stand gravity but if u tap it, the cord falls right out. There really is no way to shave while its plugged in. The Cord is like a spring so the tension alone pulls it out. It really isn't secure.

Pros:
-It Charges, cleans, disinfects, and lubricates all in one. Perfect for people like me who just want to shave and be done.
-It Looks Pretty Good. Its Black with silver flakes. It also has a blue Led that lights up the bottom.
Cons:
-No on and off button. There is a button on top that lowers the charging cable in place. However that also starts the cleaning. There is no way to charge the shaver in the bay without starting the cleaning sequence.
-Loud. Its not a constant loud though. It goes thru a cycle. So it may only get loud 2-3 times for a couple seconds.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great shave but broke after 10 days, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Braun 3Series 390CC-4 Shaver (Health and Beauty)

Out of the box I found it a handsome tool and the slim shape felt comfy in the hand. And, yes, it shaved my medium to light beard like a champ and was much quieter than my old Activator. In fact, the shave was so close my face felt a little "skinned" and I had to adjust the closeness setting down a notch. I liked the semi-rigid travel case (looks like a nylon sun glass case) a lot more than the old hard plastic one that came with the Activator.

The charge base worked well but was a more basic model than I used with my Activator--no LCD or dry cycle--but the cleaning cycle did a great job.

Sadly, the 390CC gave up the ghost after only 10 days of once a day use. And right in my middle of my trip to Vegas! It began by randomly turning on and off while in the case (not in the cleaning base). After a day of that, it could not be turned off--on-off switch did nothing--and the battery was drained dry. When I arrived home a couple days later--unshaven I might add--I put it in the charge base but it would no longer accept a charge. This 390CC is made in China and obviously suffered from a lack of quality control.

The great thing about this situation is Amazon's wonderful return policy. A couple clicks and I had a UPS mail label and that dirty dog was out the door. I bought a made-in-Germany 565CC to replace it and am a clean shaven happy camper.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great shaver for those who have thin facial hair like me., August 9, 2012
This review is from: Braun 3Series 390CC-4 Shaver (Health and Beauty)
Due to my sensitive skin and constant razor burn with manual razors, I bought my first electric shaver: The Braun Series 3 390cc-4.

This gave me a really close shave and smooth skin as the advertisement says: Tough on beard, smooth on skin.

I've been using this for weeks now and the shaving experience is very enjoyable. No pulling and no skin irritation. For the first time, I have a really close shave above my lip. Before with a manual razor, my skin gets irritated after the second run through of the blade. Hence, the not-so-close shave. But now, thanks to the Braun's SmartFoil(tm), a close shave is achieved with zero irritation.

It has a very ergonomic design that gives me a good hold of it while shaving. It really adds to the very fun experience of shaving. Plus, the shaving head can be remove for manual cleaning. I personally rinse it with warm water every after shave. Then, if its necessary, I use the cleaning station too.

I have thin facial hair, so I believe that the Series 3 is more than enough to take care of the stubble. I read a lot of reviews before buying this product and I think I made the right choice. I would have gotten the top-of-the-line Series 7 (awesome shaver!) but in my opinion it would be overkill for me because I can't even grow a full beard. My facial hair is sparse - it grows unevenly. (Only sideburns, chin, neck and moustache). But don't let this stop you from buying the Series 3. According to Braun's website and their shaver recommendation, the Series 3 is a great shaver for those who are on the budget even if you have a thick facial hair. It will still deliver good results but I think it'll require you to shave everyday.

The cleaning station, although not really a necessity, is a great feature that can clean and maintain the shaver. I use it once every week when I need to charge the shaver. It will also make the cleaning solution last longer. It is just unfortunate that the cleaning station will charge and clean at the same time. Since the shaver is equipped with a Ni-MH battery, personally, I only charge the shaver if the battery is running low and from time to time, discharge the battery then charge it fully to lengthen its battery life.

I love that Braun provided us the charging cord compatible with both the shaver and cleaning station. Unlike the Philips Norelco shaver, the cord is only connected to the charging stand, which I believe is a hassle to bring around with you when travelling.

The semi-hard case is great for travelling! I brought it with me on trips and it's a nice case that also low-profile.

I highly recommend this shaver for those who are looking for their first shaver, for people who have thin facial hair or for someone who wants a high quality shaver without the high price.

To learn more about electric shavers, you can visit: [...] (I got advice from the creator of the website. Great advice!)

P.S. My dad saw the performance of the shaver and asked me to buy one for him. I purchased the 340s-4 for him because he wants something simple and without the cleaning station. So, I guess the 340s-4 is perfect for him. Plus, he can use it if he's in the shower, which the 390cc-4, according the Braun, is unable to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the razor but not the charger., August 24, 2013
Ji M. Ki "Semper Fi" (Gaithersburg, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Braun 3Series 390CC-4 Shaver (Health and Beauty)
Razor is nice and does shave very smooth. But the charger not so much. It automatically tries to clean it every time you try to put on and try to charge it. It wastes a lot of the cleaning solution and if you don't use the solution often, it will evaporate quickly as it doesn't keep in sealed once installed to the charger. But other than that, it is fine. I just don't buy the solution to clean my razor anymore and just manual clean it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Braun 3Series 390CC-4 Shaver (Health and Beauty)
I received this razor for Christmas and the quality is not what it used to be. The Braun razors are no longer made in Germany, they are made in China. I have been using Braun razors for about 25 years and this is the cheapest Braun razor ever.

The whole thing is made of cheap plastic and the power cord is short and does not stay plug in the razor. The brush to clean the razor is really small and there is no cover for the razor blades. Also the traveling case is made of this really cheap fabric. I am returning the razor and will be looking for another brand of razor since the only things that stay the same with Braun is the high price.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply what i needed, September 25, 2013
This review is from: Braun 3Series 390CC-4 Shaver (Health and Beauty)
when i buy any product online i always read a lot of the reviews and with this product was no different so after reading the usual 5 starts and some 1 stars i bought it when it got here it look great it came with the stand that you can put the cleaning liquid in and it cleans it and lubricates it ( which has a really nice face feel) but it works great on a couple day scruff (but have not tried it on a full beard as i don't have one) but the trimmer is amazing you could save your head with with absolutely no trouble. the shave is really really good my face is really smooth after a shave and have not cut myself with it or had any trouble with it it also comes with a nice semi-hard travel case which will be nice when i use it but overall i would recommend this to anybody who wants a really good razor or a decent price

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice shaver., September 3, 2013
This review is from: Braun 3Series 390CC-4 Shaver (Health and Beauty)
Very light shaver and very quiet. Have been using it for a few weeks now and so far so good. Price is very good on Amazon compared to stores in my area.

5.0 out of 5 stars husband loves it, August 14, 2013
This review is from: Braun 3Series 390CC-4 Shaver (Health and Beauty)
I got it for my husband, based on my son's recommendation. My husband loves it, says it shaves well and it is nice having the cleaning system right there for instant use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, March 31, 2013
This review is from: Braun 3Series 390CC-4 Shaver (Health and Beauty)
Performs well. Easy to use and is everything I wanted in an electric razor. Took care of my shaving irritation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun is the way to go, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Braun 3Series 390CC-4 Shaver (Health and Beauty)
10+ years ago I had a Braun Synchro, that I loved - it got me to convert totally to electric. A few years back I lost it during a move, and didn't have the money for a new Braun so I thought I'd try the Norelco 3-disc type razor - after fighting with that thing for 2 years I finally broke down and got a new Braun - so happy I did. Same quality as my old Synchro, and works just as good or better (if that's possible!). As simple as they look, these things are far and away the best electric razors IMO.

Braun 3Series 390CC-4 Shaver