Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on November 17, 2010
My wife recently replaced her electric toothbrush with this almost identical model (absent timer). The original charger stand works fine with it. The old handle's metal shank broke off after about 7 years of use, but it was still charging perfectly. If this new handle gives that kind of service she would be delighted. I might add that I had the same model that I replaced after about 5 years use when it began to lose some power. My replacement (very similar) also purchased on Amazon has worked fine since then. You can spend a lot more money for a rechargeable toothbrush but I doubt you would get better service than with this one. Why is there such a wide variance in price, I wonder? I notice these less expensive but longlived models seem to be disappearing from the market place. Hmmmmm.... I also
wonder why rechargeable hand vacs have such a short life expectancy in comparison.
How about that, Black & Decker?
on March 19, 2011
I wish more companies would follow Braun's lead and enable one to replace just that item of an appliance that has stopped working, rather than forcing the user to buy a new one. Way to go Braun! Very pleased with the new handle.
on February 12, 2012
The on-off rubber seal on my original Oral B electric toothbrush had gotten a tiny hole in it after 6 years of daily use, and I suspect water was entering and shorting out the switch, thus causing the toothbrush to keep running after it was turned off. So I began the search for a replacement. Simplicity, effectiveness, and durability were my top search requirements, plus finding one without the silly 2 minute timer. This unit is a basic Oral B electric toothbrush similar to the product I had, that has been for sale for over 10 years. If this toothbrush is used faithfully and properly, you will most likely greatly reduce your chances of gum disease. The simplicity and ease of operation is a big plus. I would have given it a straight up 5 stars except for one thing: it has the timer. I searched high and low for an Oral B electric toothbrush with NO timer, and the description on this model says it has no timer. Wrong. If you look closely at the picture (which I didn't), you will see written on the handle right above the on-off button the word "Timer". So the description is wrong. It's not the end of the world, but the timer thing bugs me because it breaks my train of thought when I am brushing. Plus, it seems to be just one more example of manufacturers trying to "help" us through life when we don't need it. I am sorry for the rant, but I know how to brush my teeth. I just hope the even more irritating repetitive 30 second timer on some of the deluxe models doesn't make its way into the "standard equipment" category.

All of this said, I believe this is by far the best value toothbrush that Braun has to offer. It should last for at least 5 years, and perhaps even 10. It does a very good job at cleaning your teeth. But the really noteworthy quality is its ability to get into the hard to reach areas at the gum line and between teeth, and gently cleanse where a standard manual toothbrush just can't. It's not that the manual toothbrush is essentially any different as far as the bristles go. It's just that an electric toothbrush provides the rapid rotating reciprocal motion that is way beyond the capability of manual dexterity. It is this rotating motion that makes this brush excel far above a manual brush. This is true for all ages, but particularly true for anyone whose gums are starting to recede a bit due to age. When your gums recede, even a little, it exposes a softer tooth material that is more prone to decay. Bacteria can congregate here and not only cause decay, but also gum disease. Proper use of an electric toothbrush takes a big step in the right direction of prevention of tooth and gum problems.

This Braun Oral B electric toothbrush has most of the qualities I was looking for: simplicity, effectiveness, durability, and low cost. Thumbs up from me, worthless 2-minute timer notwithstanding. 5+ stars minus 1 star (timer) = a strong 4+ stars.
on January 16, 2011
I am buying a replacement and have had this brush for at least 10 years. Last week it just woudln't turn on any longer. The battery is expected to alst 3-5 years. I'd say I got my money out of this one. My dentist would agree.
on January 11, 2012
Other than the fact that the replacement handle was supposed to be white (and I received a blue one), everything works great. What's better than expected is the fact that it came with a built-in timer (so it pulses after 2 minutes) just like the old one. I owned the original one for about 10 years, so if this lasts anywhere near that I will consider it a great buy!!
on March 21, 2011
We bought this to replace a newer model with a timer, which no longer holds much power shortly after the charge. Although I wished to get another one with the timer, couldn't really find it anywhere, so got this one instead, based on the past and good experience with this particular model. Guess simpler things do work better, one charge per week, and it does what it's supposed to do well, it's going to last for a very long time.
on August 7, 2012
I bought this toothbrush with hopes that it would fulfill my needs as a cheap toothbrush that would get the job done. It worked for about 3 months perfectly; however, in the 4th month, the toothbrush randomly wont turn off unless I put it on the charger, and when it is running, it sputters on and off, making it impossible to work. I was frustrated, so I contacted the seller to ask for a replacement, and they told me that since I was outside of the 30 day policy, THEY WOULDN'T REPLACE IT FOR ME. Awful service. Are you kidding me? You see a toothbrush that is only designed to last three months? Do not buy this, do not make my mistake. Spend 50 more bucks and get a toothbrush that will last you. This is one product, that I learned the hard way, that the more you spend the better you get.
on June 12, 2011
I am very happy with my purchase. considering I paid $100+ for the whole toothbrush... just buying the brush without the charger is an awesome deal. I've used it for 3 weeks and charged it 3 times. I let it charge overnight and then take it off charge til it needs it again. (usually 5 - 7 days)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2011
-----My original review: "My tooth brushing is now zippier with this new replacement handle. I could still make use of my old charger and brush heads and I'm happy to say that there are a couple less things in the landfill today because I was able to purchase just this part. It works fine." ----

I have to retract this because the handle stopped working for no clear reason in less than a year of use. Sorry to say that this product wasn't durable for me.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2011
I've owned the $100 Braun toothbrush and charger for several years and two people have been using it daily. The battery was finally getting weak so I bought this genuine replacement handle for about $20 and suddenly I have essentially the same thing as a new $100 set only I didn't need a new charging stand and I didn't get more brushes. It arrived fast and now I have about $80 in my pocket to spend on something more fun than a couple toothbrush ends and charger that I didn't need. As always, Amazon rocks!