Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Braun CoolTec Men's Shaving System 1 Kit
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$106.10+ $5.89 shipping

on March 14, 2016
I wanted to like this but I did not: I doesn't shave well for me, the cooling plate did nothing for me and it is very very inferior to the Series 7. Do yourself a favor and buy the Braun Series 7 instead: Huge difference. I wanted to return this but Amazon did not allow me because it is considered a personal item.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Thanks for the feedback! I'm sorry to hear that the cooling technology didn't improve your shaving experience. If there's any questions you have, we'd be happy help. Just give us a call at (800) 272-8611.

Natalie,
Braun Team
on May 11, 2015
Not really happy with this one. The positive thing about this really is the cooling feature which works great. The downside is that it just doesn't work nearly as well as my older Series 3 Contour (5735). I think the cooling band just frankly gets in the way and makes the difficult neck hairs impossible for the blades to pick up. This added overall depth causes me to need several more strokes than I would otherwise need thus irritating the skin anyway. The cooling feels great, but pointless if it doesn't shave. I wish I would have kept my 10 year old 5735.
on August 10, 2013
First things first: The cooling bar is truly amazing. The sensation it creates absolutely helps fight skin irritation and it reduces friction.

Unfortunately, for as terrific as the cooling system is, the shave this model provides is TERRIBLE. It struggles with handling some five o'clock stubble. If you have any facial hair longer than a few millimeters, prepare to spend a great deal of time trying to get a close shave. At which point you'll just give up.

I respect (and as a tech-y early adopter appreciate) the innovation of this model, but this is first an foremost a shaving device. As such, it can not be recommended.

I had previously been using the top of the line Panasonic model, which despite it's awful cleaning system and terrible customer support, provides a markedly closer shave.
on January 10, 2014
Product is innovative and serve its purpose well, price is excellent. However the manufacturer packaging was terrible, box looks worn and used, protection of item insufficient. And I thought this is the latest and newest shaver from Braun.....
on April 20, 2016
In some ways I like this shaver. Unfortunately, I cannot use it because it causes my face to turn into a mass of ingrown hairs. I've used Panasonic shavers and Norelco shavers for years with no problem but this one is just terrible. If you have really tough skin and straight whiskers you may be alright but otherwise fugetaboutit.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
We're sorry about your experience with the Braun CoolTec shaver. At your convenience, please call us at 1-800-272-8611 so we can gather details & help you as best we can. We're open M-F from 9-6 ET and will be glad to assist you.
on September 11, 2015
Braun great company for men and woman, offering a huge selection of all sorts of razors, and more. This is new on the line. My father and law ended up taking this off our hands, he sure has been getting spoiled from my job. So I helped him put it together, super fun and not much to it. Comes with a self cleaning stand, with the liquid that pops into the bottom of the stand, then place the razors part into the bottom so upside down. Does it’s thing when it is ready to be cleaned. Comes with a other plastic holder to hold the shaver while it’s charging, not the base area. Then a cool case for it as well for safe keeping. Charges up super quick and turns on great. It isn’t to loud and shaves perfectly and the cool tec part is a nice touch, just simply turn the button on, but of course you don’t have to use it every time. It totally feels like your putting ice cubes on your face, while shaving. Blades need to be changes every 18 months, and the shaver will last a good many years. If your man has sensitive skin to, this is right up his alley and very good to the skin, my FIL didn’t have any irritation or cuts at all!
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Thank you so much, Tiffany! We love hearing feedback from our consumers and we'll consider your comments in future product development. Its consumers like you who help us improve our shavers and devices. It sounds like over all, your father-in-law's experience was a good one. Our Clean and Renew Station helps keep your shaver clean and ready to provide great shaves with 45 minutes of run time on each charge. The CoolTec shystem, automatically cools and calms the skin while you shave to minimize skin irritation, while flexible cutting elements adapt to the skin's contours cutting short and long hairs with every stroke. The twin foils and an integrated middle trimmer shave progressively closer and the cutting elements are optimized to give outstanding closeness and skin comfort. Thank you again for your comments, please feel free to call us (800) 272-8611 and share further details with us. We want to make this a 5 star review.

Tina, Braun Team
on July 30, 2014
Awful shaver but good money-back guarantee. Braun was correct in calling this CoolTec because ColdTec would have been false advertising. The bar merely gets cool to the touch and the shaver is the least close of any that I've tried in the past 5 years. Only small decrease in irritation due to the blades not coming anywhere near your skin and nothing to do with the coolish bar in the middle of the shaving head.
on October 4, 2013
I have been a long-time user of Braun (ever since the first clean-and-charge razor debuted). This shave is excellent! The shaver head does not pivot as the Series 7 does (which I just replaced with the Cool-Tec). However, the shave is still the standard, thorough, close, Braun shave. Yet, what sets this apart is the brilliance of the cooling unit. The electric ceramic bar really is superb! It's as though you are rubbing an ice cube (without the water) against your skin as you shave. It's brilliant. A really brilliant design and concept. Well done.
on August 11, 2015
Great product. Love the feel of the cold bar and the handy charging base. The cooling feature is great for sensitive skin like mine where I break out after shaving. Nice to use before or during a shower.
on January 21, 2014
Been using Braun foils for 15 years. I like to use this one in the shower. Does a good job. Very close, but does miss a few spots and requires feeling around for stubble. Hard to trim your sideburns with this one. Has a tiny pop up side trimmer that is almost useless. The cool tec is kind of a neat feature. Not sure how it works, but it does feel cool to to touch. Kind of a gimmick. Not sure if I can tell any difference.