Braun MR5550CA Multiquick Professional Hand Blender, White
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Includes hand blender, chopper, metal whisk, covered beaker, and wallholder
- Powerful 400-watt motor
- Anti-splashing shaft on handblender attachment
- Speed selector; turbo button
- Attachments are dishwasher safe; 1-year limited warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
However, no good review would be complete without highlighting how this unique product could have been made even better:
1. A longer, stainless steel shaft would have been preferable over the plastic one. Firstly, the stainless steel would have given it the LOOK of a heavy-duty, professional mixer, and second it would make clean-up good deal easier.
2. The business end of the device is WAY TOO LARGE and you will be hard pressed to find any glasses or cups in your cupboards that this device will fit inside of. What this means is an extra bowl (or supplied cup) to wash anytime you want to mix up some salad dressing, juice or a milkshake.
3. The unit only comes with one blade. Many other manufacturers provide for switchable blades/attachments that can crush ice, froth milk, whip cream, and aerate your sauces and cake/pancake mixes. Braun offers no products with this features. For shame.
Apparently, Braun does make another model (MR 5000??) that boasts 500 watts of variable-speed power with a stainless steel shaft, a head small enough to fit in most ordinary mugs and glasses, and a set of accessories to die for, but for some reason they do not market this model in North America. BIG MISTAKE.
Overall, this unit is a good buy and if you can overlook the above unfortunate and obvious oversights by Braun, I'd recommend this product for anyone looking for a hand blender or mixer.
WELL. I don't know if there are enough adjectives in the dictionary to describe how much I love this thing. With the stick blender part, I make amazing strawberry-banana smoothies or rich chocolate shakes in a minute. With the chopper attachment, I made delicious salsa in 30 seconds or chop bell pepper for my quesadillas in less time than that.
I love quesadillas but I hate chopping the onions and peppers I put in them. I love fresh salsa but I hate chopping tomatoes and onions to put in it. This product has become my lifeline to quick quesadillas and salsa. :)
Don't think that just because your regular blender is on the shelf collecting dust, you won't use a hand blender. Trust me, my regular blender hadn't been used in YEARS, but I'm still finding new uses for this stick blender!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Having a plastic base means it doesn't scratch non-stick pots. Been using this for ten years now and it still works well as a blender and sauce maker. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Bob P
Although I cracked the little plastic cup a long time ago, I still use this Braun hand blender once every two weeks or so. I bought it 6 years ago in 2009. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Dulcinea El Toboso
I have had this set for many years now and I love using it for all kinds of things. I make creamy soups with the hand blender, use the whisk attachment to make whip cream, and the... Read morePublished on April 13, 2014 by deutschmeister
I have used this mixer for years with great success but am now devastated as I believe an attempt to create bread crumbs from some baguette slices has burned out the motor! Read morePublished on February 1, 2014 by Catherine Limbertie
I have had this blender for years. I use it on a weekly basis for both soups and smoothies and have never had a problem. Read morePublished on October 14, 2012 by 44 Second Review
I purchased this item after it was recommended by a friend. Absolutely love it and use it for everything, chopping onions, crushing ice, grating cheese. Read morePublished on May 13, 2011 by Gloria
We had this for about a year, and maybe used it once a month. Then it just stopped working while in the middle of blending something. Read morePublished on December 19, 2010 by Diana S.
This hand blender is a very useful and handy piece of equipment. I use my every day and find so many uses for it. I wouldn't be without it!Published on November 1, 2009 by Sandy M. Predmore