5.0 out of 5 stars New, improved design
Published on June 16, 2012 by Cue Ball

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks the same, but sure doesn't shave the same :(
Published on August 27, 2012 by Andrew Thompson

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks the same, but sure doesn't shave the same :(, August 27, 2012
This review is from: Braun Series 1-150s Men's Shaver 1 Count (Health and Beauty)
This is the 5th Braun 150 razor I have owned. I've replaced them about every two years, always looking forward to the crisp shave that each new razor has provided. This razor looks the same as the previous four, but the shave quality is horrendous. I tried using it for a few days in a row, and not only would I have to run it over and over the same spot, it simply wouldn't cut certain stubble, causing single hairs to grow out over the three day period. I finally pulled the two year old model out of the drawer, and not only did it shave much better and much quicker, but it shaved the hairs that had been left by the new model for three days running.
Either the model being sold by Amazon is a fake, or Braun has allowed the Chinese manufacturer to cheapen this razor out to the point that it is worthless for shaving. Couldn't have been more disappointed unless it had simply shredded my face.

5.0 out of 5 stars New, improved design, June 16, 2012
I've used Braun Series 1 shavers for about 10 years now. This is the third that I have purchased in that time. I have a fairly thick beard, but these simple designs have always been able to cut through it and leave my sensitive skin unblemished. Since I've had such a good run, I was hesitant to upgrade to the new model, but, so far, it shaves both more quickly and closely than my old model. Additionally, the trimmer slides back farther and stays out of my way better than on the old Series 1. There are also now both on and off switches, rather than one on/off switch; hopefully, this will extend the lifetime of the device since it was this switch that stopped working on my old model. I like to stick with what works, and this line of shavers simply work. I'm guessing that some of the other, negative reviews probably came from some inexperienced shavers who don't understand how to shave their own faces (first with the grain, then back against it). I honestly don't know what more to expect out of an electric shaver.

4.0 out of 5 stars Had good luck - Used since 11/2010, October 15, 2011
Purchased 11 months ago, have used it heavily for about 7 months. Do not dispute negative findings of other reviewer, as I have owned many Braun shavers with varying issues, but I have had good luck with this one. As with rotary design electrics, replacement parts are not inexpensive. In general,foil lifetime and wear durability can be unpredictable, this unit nothing special, but is a good value.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted about a year of part time use, July 25, 2012
ken "average guy with opinion" (las vegas, nv United States) - See all my reviews
I usually shave using a regular, not electric, razor. I bought this when the Braun 549 that i bought for Saturday and touch up use wore out. Sadly with limited use it did not last. Although these Brauns typically have a shorter battery life as time goes on, this one just died completely one day. It is set up so that you can't open it to see the battery. I have had many Brauns lately and they don't seem to hold up too well. I decided to go for a Panasonic this time.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, September 23, 2011
Have used Braun shavers before. This one lacks build quality - the foil comes off easily (flimsy plastic clutches/locking system). Users need to be careful as it can injure/cut if it happens in the middle of shaving. Unfortunately i used it twice and its unfair to return + i threw away the packing.
Be cautious as you can nick/cut yourself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst electric razor ever, February 25, 2012
This is absolutely the worst electric razor I have ever had. It is cheaply made and Braun should be ashamed to have its name on it. I can shave with it for fifteen minutes, and I leave the house with stubble and irritated skin. I would rate the electric razors I have picked up at the drug store when traveling higher than this one, and they only cost ten dollars. Don't waste your money on this razor.

2.0 out of 5 stars Entry level shaver is so so, May 21, 2012
I bought this for my son who is just now starting to shave. It takes him forever to shave with it and it doesn't give a close shave. He's pretty fed up with this shaver and is about ready to trash it and by a better shaver. I would say save up your money and buy a better Braun. I have nothing against Braun as that's all I ever use but this particular model is just not worth it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, April 27, 2012
WAG (Costa Rica) - See all my reviews
I ordered this shaver together with a foil and cutter replacement pack. The web site shows these two items as "frequently bought together", so this is what I ordered. But beware: the cutter replacement pack is of the 10B type, which does not fit on the shaver: instead the 11B type is needed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Braun still best electric razor, December 23, 2012
I have always liked Braun over other makers for their overall quality and efficiency. They just plain shave closer. I was so glad to find this model as it has been getting harder and harder to find a single head configuration. Braun along with the rest of the world keeps trying to force the more is better idea and offering 2 and 3 heads that actually don't shave you any closer but do become more cumbersome. I wear a well trimmed beard as opposed to clean shaven and I have to have the single head because it is more nimble at styling. So while this newer, sexier style of single head from Braun is a little less effective than my old deceased one, it is still the best for my needs. And the battery is so much better at holding a charge for many shaves. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because like so many companies they have taken to cutting back on the extra little things that come together for a great buying experience. What I am referring to is Bruan shavers always came with a zippered case for traveling and a brush for cleaning the cutting block properly(rinsing it under the faucet is NOT the same). It was very disappointing to open an over sized box only to find just the razor for this price. Shame on you Braun. You know better. Thank goodness I saved my old brushes and a travel case. It was a cheap move I think. But again....still the best shaving electric razor.

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't like it, January 22, 2013
I had Braun shavers for many years. But this one really disappointed me. The products they made getting worse. Unbelievable! I hope I could change a better one even pay some more.

Braun Series 1-150s Men's Shaver 1 Count