Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

on August 27, 2012
This is the 5th Braun 150 razor I have owned. I've replaced them about every two years, always looking forward to the crisp shave that each new razor has provided. This razor looks the same as the previous four, but the shave quality is horrendous. I tried using it for a few days in a row, and not only would I have to run it over and over the same spot, it simply wouldn't cut certain stubble, causing single hairs to grow out over the three day period. I finally pulled the two year old model out of the drawer, and not only did it shave much better and much quicker, but it shaved the hairs that had been left by the new model for three days running.
Either the model being sold by Amazon is a fake, or Braun has allowed the Chinese manufacturer to cheapen this razor out to the point that it is worthless for shaving. Couldn't have been more disappointed unless it had simply shredded my face.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2012
I've used Braun Series 1 shavers for about 10 years now. This is the third that I have purchased in that time. I have a fairly thick beard, but these simple designs have always been able to cut through it and leave my sensitive skin unblemished. Since I've had such a good run, I was hesitant to upgrade to the new model, but, so far, it shaves both more quickly and closely than my old model. Additionally, the trimmer slides back farther and stays out of my way better than on the old Series 1. There are also now both on and off switches, rather than one on/off switch; hopefully, this will extend the lifetime of the device since it was this switch that stopped working on my old model. I like to stick with what works, and this line of shavers simply work. I'm guessing that some of the other, negative reviews probably came from some inexperienced shavers who don't understand how to shave their own faces (first with the grain, then back against it). I honestly don't know what more to expect out of an electric shaver.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 15, 2011
Purchased 11 months ago, have used it heavily for about 7 months. Do not dispute negative findings of other reviewer, as I have owned many Braun shavers with varying issues, but I have had good luck with this one. As with rotary design electrics, replacement parts are not inexpensive. In general,foil lifetime and wear durability can be unpredictable, this unit nothing special, but is a good value.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2012
I usually shave using a regular, not electric, razor. I bought this when the Braun 549 that i bought for Saturday and touch up use wore out. Sadly with limited use it did not last. Although these Brauns typically have a shorter battery life as time goes on, this one just died completely one day. It is set up so that you can't open it to see the battery. I have had many Brauns lately and they don't seem to hold up too well. I decided to go for a Panasonic this time.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2011
Have used Braun shavers before. This one lacks build quality - the foil comes off easily (flimsy plastic clutches/locking system). Users need to be careful as it can injure/cut if it happens in the middle of shaving. Unfortunately i used it twice and its unfair to return + i threw away the packing.
Be cautious as you can nick/cut yourself.
on April 27, 2012
I ordered this shaver together with a foil and cutter replacement pack. The web site shows these two items as "frequently bought together", so this is what I ordered. But beware: the cutter replacement pack is of the 10B type, which does not fit on the shaver: instead the 11B type is needed!
on February 25, 2012
This is absolutely the worst electric razor I have ever had. It is cheaply made and Braun should be ashamed to have its name on it. I can shave with it for fifteen minutes, and I leave the house with stubble and irritated skin. I would rate the electric razors I have picked up at the drug store when traveling higher than this one, and they only cost ten dollars. Don't waste your money on this razor.
on May 21, 2012
I bought this for my son who is just now starting to shave. It takes him forever to shave with it and it doesn't give a close shave. He's pretty fed up with this shaver and is about ready to trash it and by a better shaver. I would say save up your money and buy a better Braun. I have nothing against Braun as that's all I ever use but this particular model is just not worth it.
on December 23, 2012
I have always liked Braun over other makers for their overall quality and efficiency. They just plain shave closer. I was so glad to find this model as it has been getting harder and harder to find a single head configuration. Braun along with the rest of the world keeps trying to force the more is better idea and offering 2 and 3 heads that actually don't shave you any closer but do become more cumbersome. I wear a well trimmed beard as opposed to clean shaven and I have to have the single head because it is more nimble at styling. So while this newer, sexier style of single head from Braun is a little less effective than my old deceased one, it is still the best for my needs. And the battery is so much better at holding a charge for many shaves. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because like so many companies they have taken to cutting back on the extra little things that come together for a great buying experience. What I am referring to is Bruan shavers always came with a zippered case for traveling and a brush for cleaning the cutting block properly(rinsing it under the faucet is NOT the same). It was very disappointing to open an over sized box only to find just the razor for this price. Shame on you Braun. You know better. Thank goodness I saved my old brushes and a travel case. It was a cheap move I think. But again....still the best shaving electric razor.
on October 5, 2012
Just bought this razor - good price & value!

Battery life much better than expected. Doesn't really clean that well under running water as recommended. Still have to brush cutter and cap assembly (cutter gets caked regardless - even just after one shave, running water just helps to possibly "cake" even more) but anyone who's used an electric should be accustom to that routine. I would rather use forceful running water on the foil head assembly itself... after it's off, then clean the cutter assembly using the supplied brush after about every second or third shave (that's also a good time to fully charge it) and oil very lightly the inside of the foil carefully, and not to much (apply just a very small drop/dot on your fingertip, then evenly rub it onto the inside surface of the foil CAREFULLY). When it's cleaned and oiled, run the razor for about 20-30 seconds to spread lubricant - then you're good for another 2 or 3 shaves! I can go at least three (3) full 15 minute shaves without a new charge. Razor is very lightweight and a little slippery to hold, so keep your grip good (I've already dropped mine, scratched but still works good). Sideburn trimmer seams to work well. Charges when plugged-in with cord but razor "LED" lamp stays on even when fully charged... so you'll have to make sure it's been charged long enough according to the manual - don't wait for the light (LED) to go out when fully charged, because it doesn't, the LED stays on as long as it's plugged-in using the supplied cord (it's more of a "power" light than a charging light). Smartfoil is very thin and appears a little cheap but seems to work okay. Be careful not to damage the foil due to it's thinness (I would recommend avoiding it as much as possible). Supplied cleaning brush could be more substantial, but works with a little more effort (supplied power cord is nice). So far I'm satisfied with the purchase. If it last 2 years, I'll be happy (and it looks and runs/works like it probably will). When you can get a Braun that's at least decent, for $30 bucks with no tax or shipping - you have to go for it, even if it is China and not Germany! 3-1/2 Stars (and I'm tough to please!).