5.0 out of 5 stars amazingly smooth...loving it
Having sensitive skin -i swore never to use an epilator again (after i tried a friends no name epilator.ouch!)
but...i hated shaving my legs every day- and my skin agreed in another option. waxing my legs left them looking like ground beef for 1-2 days, so i was considering epilation again.

I read about the silk epil easy start set and gave it a shot...
Published on May 14, 2009 by NYCflower

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful
If u want this hair remover never buy it from VCT ELECTRONIC this company send use product it happen 2 times with me , the first I get from them it had even hair inside in the machine from the first owner it's was so dirty and disgusting ... Not recommend this company
Published on January 7, 2013 by Flor

5.0 out of 5 stars amazingly smooth...loving it, May 14, 2009
NYCflower (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Braun Silk-epil SoftPerfection Easy Start Hair Remover 3240 (Health and Beauty)

I read about the silk epil easy start set and gave it a shot.
Its great to have the optional attachment to start your first epilation with less tweezers. it was far less painful than waxing and after the first strokes i changed to the regular-tweezer attachment (which plugs more hair per stroke).
the only thing i feel is a very, very slight discomfort.
Afterwards I put some aloe on my legs and i am ready to go.
(there are tiny red spots- but they only last for 2 hours. then they are gone completely!)
My legs are shiny and my skin look its best.
To make sure the hair is not growing in- i exfoliate twice a week with a loofa.
The epilation lasts in my case for 2 weeks and the new hair is very soft.
Im fine with epilating twice a month and would never go back to shaving :)

If u consider epilation-try this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!, November 11, 2009
After reading countless reviews and remembering how horrible the old epilators were, I was apprehensive about purchasing one. Two seconds after starting to use it, I could not be more pleased. The attachments are easy to use, the instructions are helpful and no, it does not hurt that much. I use it for legs, underarms and bikini line. The shaving attachment really helps for the latter.

It will not get your legs completely hair free like a razor--there's always a couple stubborn ones that just won't come off--but it does a 98% job and the hair takes days to grow back in to where it's noticable to the touch and a good 10-14 days before you need to use the epilator again.

Bonus--It is also dual voltage, so will work in 220 as well if get an outlet adapter.

If you want an epilator, this is the one to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoooth Operator, November 5, 2009
This Epilator works beyond imagination. It is gentle, fast and leaves all my body parts silky-smooth. My husband can't keep his hands off me now. It is a well-built product and I recommend it to anyone looking for an Epilator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, March 1, 2010
This is my 3rd Braun Silkepil. I have always used this brand. I change my Silkepil every 3 years because I use it a lot and for full body hair removal.
I have tried other brands but in the end this is simply the one I like best so I recommend.

It also comes with a pain softener which I find useful for bikini zones. It also has an extra head.

Tip: my husband breaks up the head and cleans it every so often to remove the stuck hairs and he also oils it so that it is like new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will never go back to traditional shaving, December 26, 2011
I have own my Silk since 1998. I originally bought it cuz I was just curious on what it did. The 1st 2-3 times I have to admit was a bit painful but like tweezing your brows it just takes getting use to. To this day I still use it and its still in great shape. I use it twice a month for ALL hairs on my lower body- I'm Asian so I don't have much leg hair- I mainly use it for pits and bikini. I love this thing and I hope it can survive another 10yrs (I think it will). I would total recommend this product especially if you are a hairy beast! lol. I tried it on a few of my friends which have thick leg hairs. After 2 weeks was when the hair starting growing back. This is the next best thing to a "professional waxing".

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, August 13, 2010
Bette (Oak Harbor, WA) - See all my reviews
Ok for those who have never epilated, but may have tried a TENS unit or one of those electro stimulation workout belts, the sensation is similar. To me thats what it feels like. It's not an electrical discharge, but the skin sensation is similar.

As for the product it , works well. My loss of a star is the beginner head and comfort bars.
The beginner head is a waste of time, you end up going a lot slower so the sensation is worse overall then the regular head. Just not enough tweezers in the starter.
Honestly they need to add more to the advanced head and make the current one a starter.

The other is the comfort bars. Who the hell ever came up with the concept that running spinning spikes against the skin just before the hairs get pulled must have been nuts.
The basically are like model kit plastic spiked bars that the head turns in the opposite direction of the head. The comfort heads hurt 10X worse than the tweezers.
I seriously almost gave up epilation as I started out with the beginner head and the "comfort" attachment. OUCH.

5.0 out of 5 stars it works!, March 15, 2011
I love this little hair-ripper-outer! it has the nice option to start slowly with the head with less tweezers, but the next step up head is nice and fast and gets the job done as far as yanking unwanted hair out by the roots.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, January 7, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Silk-epil SoftPerfection Easy Start Hair Remover 3240, April 1, 2013
Suzi (Albany, NY, US) - See all my reviews
I made this purchase for my mother. It arrived timely. She loves it. My daughter even used it and loves it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Epilator, November 13, 2010
Works ok, but it doesn't work as well as I had hoped. I used to have an Emjoi which worked better and was cordless.