Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bravado Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 17, 2011
When I bought this bra online I was a little worried about the fit. I ordered a M for size 36D. Right now that bra fits perfect and I love it. It's very comfortable, supportive and it seems to be made of good quality. Right now I'm only nursing a toddler but my baby will be born in the next two weeks and my milk production will be increasing by a lot. I have rib band set on the last hook (biggest size )and I am afraid that it might not fit as good after baby comes (but I will be loosing weight, so hopefully it will fit even better). The only problem I have is that after wearing it all day, the rib band left red marks on my skin. However I didn't feel any discomfort at all. Overall it's a great bra and I glad that I bought it.

Here are the sizes off of the packaging:

rib band---cup size
-----------B C D E(DD) F(DDD)
32---------S S S S M
34---------S S M M M
36---------S M M L L
38---------M M M L L
40---------M M L L XL
42---------L L L XL XL
44---------L L L XL XL
46---------L XL XL XL XL
1010 comments|1,432 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2014
I have been breastfeeding for 7 years continuously as of this writing. It was (long past) time for some new bras. After carefully measuring (34DDD/E) and researching the huge variety of bras available, I decided to try this one based on reviews both here and from friends. I really wanted to love this bra like so many others but I had to return it.

Loved:
Material is soft and very comfortable. Band measurement was right on and band never cut into me (wore for about 1/2 a day). Clasps are strong yet easy to undo and reconnect one-handed. Removable pads for discretion and leaks also conceal nursing pads.

Didnt love:
Cups are not very supportive. This is great for many but not for shallow breasted women who need lots of lower support. Wearing this, my breasts drooped way over the band -causing it to fold in half- and looked awful. The pads helped cover nipples and did add some support when placed low but only gave me a tube-boob look. Without the pads, nursing pads show clearly.

Photos are with and without pads. Photo without the pads also shows the folded band.
review image review image
55 comments|348 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2013
This product is well worth the price. It is so comfortable, gives you great shape with no wires, and is very easy to nurse with. Let's face it, after you've had a baby and you have your own body back, all you want to be is comfortable and look great at the same time. I have this bra in ivory and butterscotch and they both fit perfect. I am including the sizing on the packaging because I couldn't find it when I was purchasing this bra. I am a 40DD and I got a large.

The only thing I didn't like about the bra was the removable pads that it came with. They made my chest look misshapen. I took them out and tossed them. I don't really have issues with leaking and my chest is big enough, I don't really need the extra padding.

Small= 32 B,C,D, DD(E)
X-Large= 40 DDD(F)
42 DD(E), DDD(F)
44 DD(E), DDD(F)
46 C, D, DD(E), DDD(F)
0Comment|228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2009
I have been searching for a decent nursing bra that is comfortable, stylish, and functional, and have finally found it! This bra is great because it has a wide comfortable band that doesn't dig into my breasts as many others did, and it is cut low enough that it doesn't stick out under tank tops or low-cut shirts. I love the removable foam pads that prevent my nursing pads from showing through shirts. It is a little pricey but well worth it! Make sure you hand-wash to keep looking like new... I machine washed and dried my first one and now it looks a little worn... but still works perfectly fine. I am a 36 DD and wear a Large... XL would be a little big on me.
0Comment|154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2015
I have this bra in a medium. I ordered a small because I've been nursing for 7 months and I no longer get engorged so I thought a smaller size might be okay. The small and medium are significantly different. I've attached a picture that shows the difference in strap size (my bra is the beige and the elastic is a little relaxed). The cups were also just a smidge too small. I guess I'm going to order another medium even though it's a tad big. For reference I was a 34 D pre baby and a 36E in the early days of nursing. The small will fit cups through a C comfortably but not a D.
review image
on October 20, 2012
Very comfortable! Made of stretchy sports bra material. Works as a maternity bra, then a nursing bra, THEN a regular bra! (Conversion Kit is included to replace nursing clips with regular clips.) Straps are adjustable from the FRONT!

I am in my 3rd month of nursing and wearing size 34I/J. I ordered a Large and it fits great.

From the package: Fabric is 90% nylon, 10% spandex. Removable Foam Inserts are 100% polyester, 100% polyurethane.

I have uploaded two images. One of the package sizing chart, and one of the conversion "kit" included with the bra. I hope these help to make your decision.
review image review image
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2013
I am a bra snob, and cheap. Those two things don't go well together. However, after reading reviews, I did one of the stupidest things you can do: I bought a bra online, without ever trying it on.

It. Is. Awesome. It doesn't cut into me! It doesn't feel like I'm binding up The Girls over the course of the day. (Seriously, is any nursing mother the same size at night as in the morning?) Use the fit guide on the Bravado site to make sure you get the right size, and go for it. (I wear a 36DD, and ordered a medium. It's perfect.)

The only odd thing about the bra is the (removable) foam inserts. They are there to hide any evidence of nursing pads/stiff nipples, I guess, but the insert was too flat for my shape, and ended up just looking like a really, really large nursing pad that showed through my shirt. Weird. The edges of the insert didn't lay flat against me.

The packing slip it came with gave me a 10% off code for my next purchase from the shipping company..I'm going to order another one!

(Oh, and Bravado, can I make a suggestion?? A pure white option would be just icing on the cake. Ivory is as close as I could get, and that's ok...but white would be better.)

Recap:
PROS: Stretchy, comfortable, supportive. (Husband corroborated: "They look higher!")
CONS: Doesn't come in white, weird foam inserts, and I think re-doing the clips after nursing will be a two handed job.
on April 13, 2013
***Updated 2/2014 - see bottom of review***

I purchased a myriad of nursing bras before the baby was born, much to my husband's chagrin (they are expensive!). I'm 2.5 months into my breastfeeding foray and I must say these bras are some of the best. In fact I returned to Amazon to purchase three more just the other day, as I can only get about two wearings out of them before I feel like I need to wash them. Let's be honest, with a newborn in the house, the laundry tends to pile up...

Anyway, I own all of the colors now (some I have a couple of in the same color). Each one is true to the pictures that are displayed on Amazon. The fit is pretty perfect - I am normally a size 34B but after breastfeeding for a couple of months I think I'm around a 36D in the mornings, and probably a 36C by mid-day. The medium works great for me.

The cups are lined with a removable foam insert so if you forget to wear a nursing pad you're probably covered for an hour or so, depending on your letdown quantity.

The bras fasten at the back, and I'm using the last set of clips right now, so if you are normally bigger than a B cup, I'd order the large size instead of the medium.

The shoulder area is where each clip is that enables the cups to fold down when you're ready to nurse. Initially this was a two-handed operation for me but I've gotten quite adept at fastening and unfastening both sides single handedly.

I have washed these in the washer several times and allowed them to air dry without any issues.

Overall, a great nursing bra.

2/2014 Update: I am still nursing my almost-thirteen-month old successfully (about 4-5 times a day) and am still heavily reliant on my Bravados. Colors have not faded one bit (even the black bras). I've continued using the foam inserts too as I've found that, as my son nurses less and less and eats more food at the table with us, the breasts kinda...deflate. So, the foam inserts have a purpose now of providing a smooth shape/silhouette, after the crazy let-down threat dissipated around month 6. They are still being washed frequently in a front loader and air dried. I have found that I need to wash them in a lingerie bag because if they come in contact with a piece of velcro (think BABY BIBS!) the velcro sticks to them like stink on a monkey. Pulling the velcro off of the bra material causes considerable fuzziness so be very wary of that! Also, once they have been run through the washer I take the pads out and let those air dry separately from the bras.

A word about sizing, I am still using the fasteners on the last setting (I purchased mediums and I am normally a 36B when not pregnant/nursing) but can probably start inching down to the medium fastener setting soon. I plan to continue to rely very heavily on these - they were well worth the initial investment!
0Comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2012
I have read the negative reviews and have come to the conclusion that if you are very large breasted, this may not be for you. I was a 34B before pregnancy and am a 34C now. I bought the small of this in teal from Target.com about 6 months ago. Have washed it several times, used it almost continuously (as it is my favorite). My only issue was that is is bright teal and so I had to only wear dark shirts with it. Teal was the only color Target had. I then found it on here in all different colors. I was hesitant to order because I wanted to make sure it was the same bra I loved so much. I ordered the butterscotch as I needed something "nude" to wear under white shirts. It arrived yesterday and I wore it all day today. I am so in love with this product! I am taking the plunge and ordering 2 more (black and ivory). I have bought other nursing bras from Target and from Motherhood and hate all of them (they are going to Goodwill today- all of them!). This is so far the ONLY nursing bra I love and will now become the only nursing bra I will wear.

I have been breastfeeding for 9 months now and this covers all of my needs. It is comfortable (no wires or seams or itchy lace). It is supportive (no floppy boobies- and I even use it while running). It is durable (have washed it at least twice a week for 6 months and still looks and feels and functions like new). It is easy to use (one had unlatch and doesn't creep up on baby's chin while nursing)

Side note: I did remove the removable pads permanently and like the look without them much better. The pads are good if you are still leaking, but I have now regulated enough that leaking is very rare and usually only overnight.

They are cheaper here than on Target.com (by about $5). The cost is higher than other target bras, but the quality far exceeds them and I will likely still use it as a sports bra after I am done nursing (Yes for smaller boobs it IS that supportive).
22 comments|179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2015
Let me start off by saying that this bra is of great quality. It isn't thin or flimsy, and it is comfortable to wear. With that being said, this bra did not fit me. I wear a 42DDD normally, and I'm currently pregnant and wearing a 44DDD that is getting a little snug. I bought the XL, because it says this bra goes up to a 46 or 48DDD, which means that this bra should fit because I am below the largest size that an XL is supposed to fit. I got this bra, and it fit everywhere except the sides. My breasts spilled out on the sides, and when I try to arrange them more to the center to better cover the sides, it spills out in the front cleavage area. There just simply isn't enough fabric to cover my DDD breasts, and I'm disappointed. I payed around 45 dollars for a bra that is advertised to fit me, and doesn't. But, I don't doubt that this would be a PERFECT bra for women with smaller cup sizes. I'd say this bra would fit up to a D, and maybe even a DD just fine. It really would be the perfect bra if it just had more coverage for DDD ladies such as myself. Overall, I think this is a great bra and I will still use it around the house, and even out of the house with a tank top for extra support on the sides.
review image