Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

on September 19, 2013
I have nursed four children over 9 years, for a total of 58 months and counting. I have literally bought dozens of nursing bras and tanks. This last year alone, I have bought and returned at least 12 different brands/styles. I cannot get over how comfortable and supportive this bra is! Wearing a size H/I means I seemed doomed to painful underwires and/or uncomfortable straps and pointy cups. Not anymore! I highly recommend this bra. The other bonus I didn't realize when I bought them, is that Bravado includes instructions and small conversion clips to turn this nursing bra into your favorite 'everyday' bra when your nursing days are over. This is fantastic and makes this an even better value!
on August 9, 2013
I have been looking for THE perfect nursing bra for quite some time. I started before my son was even born and he is now 5 months old, so it took some time and several disappointments before I finally found the right one. The Essential Embrace style is good for big cups (I had to order 32 J/K as Bravado bras appear to run a bit smaller than other bras I tried). This bra actually is comfortable while also providing a nice shape without underwire cups! This is a plus as I tried an underwire nursing bra and it was just awful. Compared to other bras the Essential Embrace bra does not come with that chemical smell that I noticed on the Bravado Bliss style (also a good bra, but does not come in J/K cups). Another plus is that it is kinda cut like a sports bra so the boobs stay where they belong at all times.
I really love this bra and will most likely purchase another one soon.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2014
I'm 8 1/2 months preggo with baby #3 and am currently a 36I (yes, as in "eye"). I am not a woman wearing the wrong sized bra as I get fitted every single time. I wear PrimaDonna bras regularly (which seem to be sized similarly to Wacoal). I just received the 36J/K in black/orchid. It fits now and there seems to be a teeny bit of room to grow. I will most definitely be hitting a K cup about 2 weeks into nursing before my breasts settle down and I don't think this bra will work at that point so I'll probably be braless and spraying milk everywhere for about two weeks or I'll smash them into an ill-fitting nursing cami. That being written, I expect this bra to fit perfectly after my boobs have settled down.

+ FOUR hooks (both up and down and four positions to hook the 4 hooks)
+ very smooth fabric (perfect for t-shirts)
+ thick enough to not have your nips poking through
+ I love the purple accents! Dresses up a boring bra without being frilly
+ no underwire
+ doesn't undercut my arm pits
+ surprisingly lifts the girls up to a nice height
+ there is a rigid support (some kind of bendy plastic?) on either side of the each breast, nearish the arm pit, to give extra support
+ this is a nursing bra you can wear out of the house
+ when you unsnap one side for feeding, the other side stays FIRMLY in place (keeping one modest and your nursing pad in place)

- The J/K fits my I boobs very well - will it accommodate me when my milk comes in?
- almost have a uniboob and will have some issues with certain blouses hanging correctly

~ sports bra type styling
~ full coverage
~ acts as a minimizer

Overall, a great buy. Once my milk is in, I might have to order another!
on August 29, 2013
It's hard to find a good fitting nursing bra in a size 40I. This gives me a uni-boob, but is more supportive than others I've tried.
on December 19, 2013
I really wanted to like this bra, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I'm in the large cup/smaller band size range (typically a UK 32G or UK 34FF depending on the brand) and the Essential Embrace bra just didn't offer my chest any support.

I compared this bra with both my Medela sleep bra and my Lamaze sleep bra (which run at least $30 less) and saw no difference in uplift or shaping. My silhouette also just looked droopy and unflattering. I'm also short (5'1") and in this larger cup size, the nursing clips rested extremely high up (nearly on the top of my shoulder). This was both uncomfortable and awkward looking, and it caused the clips to dig/pinch with any movement. It's for this reason that, even if I ignored the lack of support and price tag, It wasn't even worth keeping this as a sleep or 'house' bra.

I also didn't find the material to be that soft. It had a really strange texture (not quite cotton, not quite 'workout clothes' material) and felt kind of stiff. The inside of the cups also felt rougher than the bra's exterior. Maybe it softens up after being washed or worn a few times, but I cant say for sure since I'm sending it back. I'm sure this is a lovely bra for some women, but if you're in the DD+ bracket and/or short, I would recommend looking for a different bra.
on October 20, 2013
This bra is sized all wrong. I measured my bust properly but this bra is poorly made as the cups were huge and the band was two sizes too small.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2014
The bra is too small and the fabric is too stiff. I was looking for a supportive bra and have always heard good things about Bravado, but so far I am not a huge fan of either three that I own (a sleeping bra, the microfiber seamless, and this one). Still searching for my favorite nursing bra.

Oh and even though it is too small, the band moves around and rubs really bad. I get pretty sore when I wear it.
on April 9, 2015
This bra came highly recommended by several of my mom friends. I rarely order this type of item with out trying it on first, but I read reviews and had such high praise from my friends, so I ordered.

I am disappointed. First off, I imagine the bra is likely comfortable, if you can figure out the correct size. I went by the sizing chart and by my current bras. I ordered a 36 F/G. When I opened the package the first thing I noticed was that there was no way these were F/G sized cups. I went to put it on and I had to use all my strength to get the band to hook. It was worse than trying to zip up that dress that you should have stopped wearing 5 donuts ago. But I got it. I thought maybe it'll stretch a bit. It didn't and was actually impeding my breathing it was so tight.

Add to that the too small cup size. I am normally a DD. You can't possibly convince me that these are larger cups than my normal DD. In fact, I'm quite convinced they are smaller. I checked the size tags attached to the size on the band and the box. Everything says it's a 36 F/G, I'm positive that either it's marked completely wrong, or we have very different ideas of what bra sizes should be.

I'm not saying these are bad bras, I just really think that a potential buyer needs to be very aware of what the sizing on these are. Try them on at a retail store if at all possible first. If not, order up a couple of sizes. Buying bras while pregnant has been such a headache for me, I'm really disappointed that I didn't find the relief that I thought I had. :(
on February 10, 2014
I have several bravado bras and I love them. This one is not my favorite. The fabric is stiff and doesn't breathe well and it's simply not comfortable.
on September 11, 2015
I am a 34 band size. Always have been and just bought a couple of regular bras that fit great that are 34. This is no 34. I could barely hook it. It comes with the extension, thank goodnes, so I'm keeping it, but it definitely runs small. The cup sizes is closer to actual size but are also cut on the smaller size. On the plus size, it's supportive.