4.0 out of 5 stars Great Support
Published on January 31, 2009 by RN Momma

1.0 out of 5 stars So Disappointing
Published 4 months ago by journalistjen

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Support, January 31, 2009
I am a review-a-holic and read everything I could before my purchase of this tank top. I am always very self-conscious of the size of my chest while nursing (right now a 36 DD) and I am always at a lost when it's time to get dressed. What can I wear, be comfortable in, bend over and deal with a potty training-running around crazy-three year old boy, feel cute it, and nurse in...ahhhhh! Anyways, I am very pleased with the tank top. The fabic is great and even with my larger-than life nursing nipples I feel comfortable and supported! I like the fact that it offers so much support but doesn't hug my post-pregnancy pouch and doesn't create those lovely back-fat lines that are so depressing (haha). Anyways I would have given it 5-stars but I do wear a little under bra-thingy to help cover my cleavage. It's basically impossible not to have the stuff though unless I wear a turtle neck...I don't believe it would bother anyone else unless you too are very uncomfortable with cleavage (most women love it). It is worth the price (and I'm a DAVE RAMSEY bugetting queen!).

4.0 out of 5 stars as good as you'll find, October 20, 2010
I have tried several nursing tanks and this is the only one I didn't return.

PROS: This has a more structured bra which means more support and a better fit than tanks sized S,M,L. It is more flattering and nice quality than what you'll find at Target. This is a tank that can work for larger breasts, which all others I have seen do NOT. Especially great if you have a small band size but a large cup size. I really like having this to wear when I know I might be nursing in public, because worn under a shirt it really offers great coverage for nursing. Shirt gets pulled up, but the tank top is covering your mid-section. My shirt covers the top parts, this covers the bottom parts and voila - almost any shirt becomes a "nursing shirt" for discreet breastfeeding wherever I happen to be. Not to mention keeping me warm when it is cold out! I hate most nursing clothes and prefer to wear regular clothes, so this tank is a great solution.

CONS: This has a different fastener than bravado bras. Maybe it is more secure? It is harder for me to fasten this one handed, so I wish it had the same clips Bravado bras have which are much easier to open and close. Also I wish this had a higher neckline - I have large breasts and I don't like to show cleavage, so I can't really wear this except as a layer under another shirt, not really even under a cardigan or hoodie as I feel too naked. I definitely would not wear this as a shirt in warm weather though if you have small or medium breasts (or don't mind showing cleavage) you could.

Finally, the sizing runs SMALL on most bravado. See their product website for BRAVADO's own sizing instructions, which are different than what I think is the standard. If you order the size you wear in normal bras or in other brands of nursing wear, you may find it runs too small for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST NURSING TANK I'VE OWNED - IM' GETTING MORE!, March 16, 2011
I've been nursing for 10.5 years straight now and I wish I'd had these back in 2000 when my first baby was born. Even though my current "baby" is almost two, I still plan to buy more of these. As another reviewer said, even when I'm done nursing, this will still be a great addition to my wardrobe. My other nursing tanks provide no support and I only wear them to bed. That was my original plan for these but I'm wearing one right now in the middle of the day, without a bra on underneath. I'm a 34F and for me to be able to wear something with a shelf-type built in bra w/o my nursing bra underneath is unheard of. The high stance & thick straps on this tank will allow me to wear it out in public in our 115* summer temperatures. I would never dream of trying to get away with wearing my other tanks out in public even with a bra underneath. So not only is it a really comfortable PJ top, it'll be great for daytime wear as well. I HIGHLY recommend this tank especially if you are quite busty and find other nursing tanks don't fit. You will not regret spending more for this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money...especially if you do not have a long torso, February 12, 2007
I got this bra about a month ago to make nursing a little easier on me. When I got it in the mail I Was a little dismayed at how shirt the shirt it as I am 5'8" with a long torso. But the box says it stretched so I decided i can give it a try and if it isnt long enough I will layer it with my bella band or just wear it under clothes. I am still pregnant, but I wore it the other day for the first time as an undershirt and it was amazing how it stretched over my pregnant belly! It stayed down pretty well too!! I was just so surprised at how much it stretched. I was afraid i might of ruined it and make it a forever pregnancy shirt since it was stretched out. But after washing it, it went back to the same shape which is so neat!!! I'm sure I might have a little more trouble keeping it stretched to at least make it to my pant line once my belly is gone, but the shirt is comfy and holds my boobs (34 C/D) up good enough. its no miracle bra by any means but it holds them alot better than any bra-shirt combo ive gotten in the past. now, the clip does take 2 hands but I'm sure practice makes perfect and eventually one might be able to do it one-handed. anyway...i love this tank but the only downfall for me is how shoert it is. i know it does stretch but when you have nothing to stretch it over.. the picture makes it look a little longer than it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, April 13, 2014
Katie (Blacksburg, VA) - See all my reviews
Love this tank...I just wish they were more affordable to buy a few. I did recently learn that Amazon is not the only source for these tanks and that someone found them on sale in the Gap maternity online section. They aren't on sale right now, but I'm hopeful sometime in the future!

1.0 out of 5 stars So Disappointing, August 15, 2014
I was extremely disappointed in this nursing tank. I did weeks of research to try to find out which was the best nursing tank out there. I kept reading reviews and various blogs that referenced this one and the GlamourMom tanks. After seeing a picture of the GlamourMom store on their website, the colors of their tanks looked faded and I ultimately decided to go with the Bravado brand because I adore the Bravado Bliss nursing bra and believed this tank would be true to that. My expectations were that because this tank sized itself like the bras, it would fit as well as the bras do and maybe offer as much support.
I was so wrong. Of all the tanks I ended up purchasing this one let me down the most. The cups in the 32FG were more like a 32HI because the front just puckered out and I didn't fill them out enough. I decided not to size down and make an exchange because the ruching in the front of the tank was not as flattering as it looks in the photo. It ended up being much bulkier looking and since I wanted tanks to sit nicely under cardigans or other button ups, this would not give me the classic and smooth look I was looking for.
I also have to agree with other reviews that mention that the snaps don't hook easily. I thought this would be a minimal distraction but just trying the tank on without a baby in my arms was awkward enough that now that I have my baby I can only imagine how much more difficult balancing a baby on my lap while trying to unsnap these straps would be if I had decided to stick with this tank.
I ultimately ended up really liking the Undercover Mama tanks. These fit super well and the ease of having just one strap (they hook on to the bra instead of having their own straps like a traditional tank) has made the ease of use more noticeable than I thought. They are also smooth, slimming, the perfect length and stay put on my body all day long. I'm currently wearing one underneath a low v-necked cardigan and the coverage of my chest is perfect which is nice since I'm not used to having so much cleavage.
I strongly recommend checking the Undercover Mama tanks out before spending a lot of money on just one of the Bravados.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for tall ladies, November 11, 2014
I am 5'10" and 140ish lbs. This was way too short and very unflattering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver!, October 7, 2014
With a newborn baby, it seems I'm constantly feeding her. This tank allows me to be feeding-ready and supported at a moment's notice without sitting around the house topless :) As a DD, that's a beautiful thing. Will for sure get this tank in other colors. Perfect under wrap-dresses, as well...helps to bridge the gap in the wrap due to my growing assets :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tight in the belly area, January 4, 2013
The color was luscious,the bra fit wonderfully(Gcup) but the belly was snug. Maybe the garment was tapered too much along the hemline.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, October 6, 2012
Comfortable, but expensive. Still worth it because it helps if you have engorgement of breast. Sometimes difficult to pump if you use hands free bra as well. Bought 2 of these without regret.