4.0 out of 5 stars Great Support
Published on January 31, 2009 by RN Momma

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as I thought it would be
Published on September 10, 2009 by Laura V

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Support, January 31, 2009
I am a review-a-holic and read everything I could before my purchase of this tank top. I am always very self-conscious of the size of my chest while nursing (right now a 36 DD) and I am always at a lost when it's time to get dressed. What can I wear, be comfortable in, bend over and deal with a potty training-running around crazy-three year old boy, feel cute it, and nurse in...ahhhhh! Anyways, I am very pleased with the tank top. The fabic is great and even with my larger-than life nursing nipples I feel comfortable and supported! I like the fact that it offers so much support but doesn't hug my post-pregnancy pouch and doesn't create those lovely back-fat lines that are so depressing (haha). Anyways I would have given it 5-stars but I do wear a little under bra-thingy to help cover my cleavage. It's basically impossible not to have the stuff though unless I wear a turtle neck...I don't believe it would bother anyone else unless you too are very uncomfortable with cleavage (most women love it). It is worth the price (and I'm a DAVE RAMSEY bugetting queen!).

4.0 out of 5 stars as good as you'll find, October 20, 2010
I have tried several nursing tanks and this is the only one I didn't return.

PROS: This has a more structured bra which means more support and a better fit than tanks sized S,M,L. It is more flattering and nice quality than what you'll find at Target. This is a tank that can work for larger breasts, which all others I have seen do NOT. Especially great if you have a small band size but a large cup size. I really like having this to wear when I know I might be nursing in public, because worn under a shirt it really offers great coverage for nursing. Shirt gets pulled up, but the tank top is covering your mid-section. My shirt covers the top parts, this covers the bottom parts and voila - almost any shirt becomes a "nursing shirt" for discreet breastfeeding wherever I happen to be. Not to mention keeping me warm when it is cold out! I hate most nursing clothes and prefer to wear regular clothes, so this tank is a great solution.

CONS: This has a different fastener than bravado bras. Maybe it is more secure? It is harder for me to fasten this one handed, so I wish it had the same clips Bravado bras have which are much easier to open and close. Also I wish this had a higher neckline - I have large breasts and I don't like to show cleavage, so I can't really wear this except as a layer under another shirt, not really even under a cardigan or hoodie as I feel too naked. I definitely would not wear this as a shirt in warm weather though if you have small or medium breasts (or don't mind showing cleavage) you could.

Finally, the sizing runs SMALL on most bravado. See their product website for BRAVADO's own sizing instructions, which are different than what I think is the standard. If you order the size you wear in normal bras or in other brands of nursing wear, you may find it runs too small for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great nursing tank, November 19, 2009
Probably the most comfortable nursing tank I own. It is very easy to open and close the flaps using one hand and it is very supportive without being constricting or uncomfortable-- even when you have lots of milk ready (if you know what I mean). It is not as long as other nursing tanks (e.g. the glamour mom tanks) although I am tall and I still felt it was plenty long for me. I think the only minor negative for me was that the dip in the front leads to a lot of cleavage on display. I don't wear this one on it's own, or under anything with a v-neck for that reason. But it works great to layer under another top and it is comfortable enough to sleep in. Also, the straps don't seemed to have stretched very much-- which is nice because I have other nursing tanks whose straps have stretched out. It is expensive, but it is definitely high quality and worth the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as I thought it would be, September 10, 2009
Laura V (Alexandria, Virginia) - See all my reviews
Friends raved about this tank, but frankly, I found it uncomfortable. The shelf bra was too heavy--thick fabric and thick elastic--surprisingly hot to wear in hot weather. Also, I thought that the 36D/E would be plenty big, but it seems to hold everything in a little too tight, which is not comfortable on the nipples. Still, it's a decent top, maybe just order a size larger than you'd think. The bra I have from the same company was great during pregnancy, but I've had the same discomfort with it while breastfeeding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, April 13, 2014
Katie (Blacksburg, VA) - See all my reviews
Love this tank...I just wish they were more affordable to buy a few. I did recently learn that Amazon is not the only source for these tanks and that someone found them on sale in the Gap maternity online section. They aren't on sale right now, but I'm hopeful sometime in the future!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost, but not quite, February 3, 2014
I expected the top portion of this to fit about the same as the Bravado Bras of the same size, but it doesn't. It's a bit more snug than I expected. I'm keeping it anyway, as I'm sure it will fit at some point after the baby comes, and even if I'm busting out of it right now, it is more comfortable than most of my clothes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tight in the belly area, January 4, 2013
The color was luscious,the bra fit wonderfully(Gcup) but the belly was snug. Maybe the garment was tapered too much along the hemline.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, October 6, 2012
Comfortable, but expensive. Still worth it because it helps if you have engorgement of breast. Sometimes difficult to pump if you use hands free bra as well. Bought 2 of these without regret.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nursing tank!, August 14, 2011
Jennifer Wimberly (San Pedro, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I just started using this nursing tank and I absolutely love it! It fits great, gives me the support I need and is easy to nurse in! I highly recommend this nursing tank!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Nursing tank, August 14, 2011
It is really an essential. Good support, strong material and construction, expandable for your tummy, can be used even after you have given birth. I bought 1 to try, liked it and bought more. I see myself using this even long after I stop nursing my baby, its that good!

Bravado Designs Essential Nursing Bra Tank - Curvalicious Sizing