5.0 out of 5 stars Best Nursing Bra Ever!
Published 12 months ago by BusyMama

3.0 out of 5 stars Uni-boob
It's hard to find a good fitting nursing bra in a size 40I. This gives me a uni-boob, but is more supportive than others I've tried.
Published 13 months ago by D. Loomis

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Nursing Bra Ever!, September 19, 2013
I have nursed four children over 9 years, for a total of 58 months and counting. I have literally bought dozens of nursing bras and tanks. This last year alone, I have bought and returned at least 12 different brands/styles. I cannot get over how comfortable and supportive this bra is! Wearing a size H/I means I seemed doomed to painful underwires and/or uncomfortable straps and pointy cups. Not anymore! I highly recommend this bra. The other bonus I didn't realize when I bought them, is that Bravado includes instructions and small conversion clips to turn this nursing bra into your favorite 'everyday' bra when your nursing days are over. This is fantastic and makes this an even better value!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best nursing bra for big cups, August 9, 2013
I have been looking for THE perfect nursing bra for quite some time. I started before my son was even born and he is now 5 months old, so it took some time and several disappointments before I finally found the right one. The Essential Embrace style is good for big cups (I had to order 32 J/K as Bravado bras appear to run a bit smaller than other bras I tried). This bra actually is comfortable while also providing a nice shape without underwire cups! This is a plus as I tried an underwire nursing bra and it was just awful. Compared to other bras the Essential Embrace bra does not come with that chemical smell that I noticed on the Bravado Bliss style (also a good bra, but does not come in J/K cups). Another plus is that it is kinda cut like a sports bra so the boobs stay where they belong at all times.
I really love this bra and will most likely purchase another one soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Uni-boob, August 29, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsupportive and uncomfortable, December 19, 2013
This review is from: Bravado Essential Embrace Nursing Softcup Bra (Apparel)
I really wanted to like this bra, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I'm in the large cup/smaller band size range (typically a UK 32G or UK 34FF depending on the brand) and the Essential Embrace bra just didn't offer my chest any support.

I compared this bra with both my Medela sleep bra and my Lamaze sleep bra (which run at least $30 less) and saw no difference in uplift or shaping. My silhouette also just looked droopy and unflattering. I'm also short (5'1") and in this larger cup size, the nursing clips rested extremely high up (nearly on the top of my shoulder). This was both uncomfortable and awkward looking, and it caused the clips to dig/pinch with any movement. It's for this reason that, even if I ignored the lack of support and price tag, It wasn't even worth keeping this as a sleep or 'house' bra.

I also didn't find the material to be that soft. It had a really strange texture (not quite cotton, not quite 'workout clothes' material) and felt kind of stiff. The inside of the cups also felt rougher than the bra's exterior. Maybe it softens up after being washed or worn a few times, but I cant say for sure since I'm sending it back. I'm sure this is a lovely bra for some women, but if you're in the DD+ bracket and/or short, I would recommend looking for a different bra.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fabric isn't so great, February 10, 2014
I have several bravado bras and I love them. This one is not my favorite. The fabric is stiff and doesn't breathe well and it's simply not comfortable.

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't love it - but it'll do, March 28, 2014
This bra fits small - there's nooooo way it's really a J/K, but after trying literally 10 different bras, this one fits the "best" for a woman who is small in the ribs, but large chested.

4.0 out of 5 stars Initial thoughts on the J/K cup, August 30, 2014
This review is from: Bravado Essential Embrace Nursing Softcup Bra (Apparel)
I'm 8 1/2 months preggo with baby #3 and am currently a 36I (yes, as in "eye"). I am not a woman wearing the wrong sized bra as I get fitted every single time. I wear PrimaDonna bras regularly (which seem to be sized similarly to Wacoal). I just received the 36J/K in black/orchid. It fits now and there seems to be a teeny bit of room to grow. I will most definitely be hitting a K cup about 2 weeks into nursing before my breasts settle down and I don't think this bra will work at that point so I'll probably be braless and spraying milk everywhere for about two weeks or I'll smash them into an ill-fitting nursing cami. That being written, I expect this bra to fit perfectly after my boobs have settled down.

Pluses:
+ FOUR hooks (both up and down and four positions to hook the 4 hooks)
+ very smooth fabric (perfect for t-shirts)
+ thick enough to not have your nips poking through
+ I love the purple accents! Dresses up a boring bra without being frilly
+ no underwire
+ doesn't undercut my arm pits
+ surprisingly lifts the girls up to a nice height
+ there is a rigid support (some kind of bendy plastic?) on either side of the each breast, nearish the arm pit, to give extra support
+ this is a nursing bra you can wear out of the house
+ when you unsnap one side for feeding, the other side stays FIRMLY in place (keeping one modest and your nursing pad in place)

Minuses:
- The J/K fits my I boobs very well - will it accommodate me when my milk comes in?
- almost have a uniboob and will have some issues with certain blouses hanging correctly

Misc:
~ sports bra type styling
~ full coverage
~ acts as a minimizer

Overall, a great buy. Once my milk is in, I might have to order another!

1.0 out of 5 stars sizing all wrong, October 20, 2013
This bra is sized all wrong. I measured my bust properly but this bra is poorly made as the cups were huge and the band was two sizes too small.

4.0 out of 5 stars I figure the next cup size up with give me a little more comfortable fit. I'm not a huge fan of the ..., August 8, 2014
This review is from: Bravado Essential Embrace Nursing Softcup Bra (Apparel)
Since nursing my bra size went from a 34 DD to a 34 DDD (F). I ordered this in a 34 F/G. The band is quite snug on the tighest hook. Since the bra came with a band extender I am sending the 34 F back and getting a 32 J/K. That way as the band stretches I can tighten it. The cup size was just a little tight. If I wasn't nursing it would be okay, but I'm prone to plugged ducts. I figure the next cup size up with give me a little more comfortable fit. I'm not a huge fan of the material of the band, but it's okay. Overall I feel this bra is pretty supportive for not having an underwire. I do wish it was lined so my nipples didn't show.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small sizes but not quite small enough., July 17, 2014
I'm normally a 32/34A so this bra fits around the band. The cups are still a little big, I'm a B cup now that I'm nursing, but I don't really like how the cups don't totally fall away since they are connected in the middle. And having a tiny bit of paddling would be nice since nursing pads are visible through this bra. However, this is one of the only bras that I've found that fits so I'll wear it often.

Bravado Essential Embrace Nursing Softcup Bra