4.0 out of 5 stars Great Support
Published on January 31, 2009 by RN Momma

3.0 out of 5 stars good but expensive
I got this in the 32DE size - I was 32C prior to pregnancy and the fit, once the tank is on, is pretty good. The bra is really strong, which is also good, but the tank has no zipper or other such device and stretching the thick layers of fabric over my sore chest is kind of hard and frankly painful. You do feel secure lowering the front flaps, the inner straps are...
Published 18 months ago by Marsapalto

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Support, January 31, 2009
I am a review-a-holic and read everything I could before my purchase of this tank top. I am always very self-conscious of the size of my chest while nursing (right now a 36 DD) and I am always at a lost when it's time to get dressed. What can I wear, be comfortable in, bend over and deal with a potty training-running around crazy-three year old boy, feel cute it, and nurse in...ahhhhh! Anyways, I am very pleased with the tank top. The fabic is great and even with my larger-than life nursing nipples I feel comfortable and supported! I like the fact that it offers so much support but doesn't hug my post-pregnancy pouch and doesn't create those lovely back-fat lines that are so depressing (haha). Anyways I would have given it 5-stars but I do wear a little under bra-thingy to help cover my cleavage. It's basically impossible not to have the stuff though unless I wear a turtle neck...I don't believe it would bother anyone else unless you too are very uncomfortable with cleavage (most women love it). It is worth the price (and I'm a DAVE RAMSEY bugetting queen!).

4.0 out of 5 stars as good as you'll find, October 20, 2010
I have tried several nursing tanks and this is the only one I didn't return.

PROS: This has a more structured bra which means more support and a better fit than tanks sized S,M,L. It is more flattering and nice quality than what you'll find at Target. This is a tank that can work for larger breasts, which all others I have seen do NOT. Especially great if you have a small band size but a large cup size. I really like having this to wear when I know I might be nursing in public, because worn under a shirt it really offers great coverage for nursing. Shirt gets pulled up, but the tank top is covering your mid-section. My shirt covers the top parts, this covers the bottom parts and voila - almost any shirt becomes a "nursing shirt" for discreet breastfeeding wherever I happen to be. Not to mention keeping me warm when it is cold out! I hate most nursing clothes and prefer to wear regular clothes, so this tank is a great solution.

CONS: This has a different fastener than bravado bras. Maybe it is more secure? It is harder for me to fasten this one handed, so I wish it had the same clips Bravado bras have which are much easier to open and close. Also I wish this had a higher neckline - I have large breasts and I don't like to show cleavage, so I can't really wear this except as a layer under another shirt, not really even under a cardigan or hoodie as I feel too naked. I definitely would not wear this as a shirt in warm weather though if you have small or medium breasts (or don't mind showing cleavage) you could.

Finally, the sizing runs SMALL on most bravado. See their product website for BRAVADO's own sizing instructions, which are different than what I think is the standard. If you order the size you wear in normal bras or in other brands of nursing wear, you may find it runs too small for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST NURSING TANK I'VE OWNED - IM' GETTING MORE!, March 16, 2011
I've been nursing for 10.5 years straight now and I wish I'd had these back in 2000 when my first baby was born. Even though my current "baby" is almost two, I still plan to buy more of these. As another reviewer said, even when I'm done nursing, this will still be a great addition to my wardrobe. My other nursing tanks provide no support and I only wear them to bed. That was my original plan for these but I'm wearing one right now in the middle of the day, without a bra on underneath. I'm a 34F and for me to be able to wear something with a shelf-type built in bra w/o my nursing bra underneath is unheard of. The high stance & thick straps on this tank will allow me to wear it out in public in our 115* summer temperatures. I would never dream of trying to get away with wearing my other tanks out in public even with a bra underneath. So not only is it a really comfortable PJ top, it'll be great for daytime wear as well. I HIGHLY recommend this tank especially if you are quite busty and find other nursing tanks don't fit. You will not regret spending more for this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, April 13, 2014
Katie (Blacksburg, VA) - See all my reviews
Love this tank...I just wish they were more affordable to buy a few. I did recently learn that Amazon is not the only source for these tanks and that someone found them on sale in the Gap maternity online section. They aren't on sale right now, but I'm hopeful sometime in the future!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tight in the belly area, January 4, 2013
The color was luscious,the bra fit wonderfully(Gcup) but the belly was snug. Maybe the garment was tapered too much along the hemline.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, October 6, 2012
Comfortable, but expensive. Still worth it because it helps if you have engorgement of breast. Sometimes difficult to pump if you use hands free bra as well. Bought 2 of these without regret.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nursing tank!, August 14, 2011
Jennifer Wimberly (San Pedro, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I just started using this nursing tank and I absolutely love it! It fits great, gives me the support I need and is easy to nurse in! I highly recommend this nursing tank!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Nursing tank, August 14, 2011
It is really an essential. Good support, strong material and construction, expandable for your tummy, can be used even after you have given birth. I bought 1 to try, liked it and bought more. I see myself using this even long after I stop nursing my baby, its that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Nursing Tank, April 3, 2011
I'm happy with my tank, and all of the Bravado brand nursing bras I've purchased.
The material is very thick, and has a great, supportive stretch in the top and around the belly.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Mom, May 3, 2013
This tank is very comfortable and fits amazing! I wouldn't wear a nursing bra underneath it, but I like that the top is thick enough where I know that I can use nursing pads and that's it. They're expensive and worth it.

Bravado! Essential Nursing Bra Tank FASHION