Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: Girls Medium 7-8|Color: Auqa/Gold|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on February 28, 2013
Ok first let me begin by this was purchased right before our trip to Disney. I couldn't find a Brave dress anywhere so I thought I would just order one online and get it within 2 days with my Amazon Prime. It came within the 2 days right before we had to leave for disney...but it was ripped all up.

We all know that most of these dress-up costumes are cheaply made...but this one is even worse than any costume I have ever seen, (I have 3 girls...thus a lot of dress up stuff). I pulled it out of the package and the top portion bodice was completely ripped at the seams on both sides of the bodice. This costume is basically a one time use. I would have returned it if we had the time...so I just pulled out the sewing machine and got right to work. As I started I noticed it was coming apart in several other places as well. So by the time I finished I feel like I pretty much sewed an entire costume. Needless to say this momma of 4 who had plenty to do to get ready for our trip besides sew a dress that I PAID for was NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!! I would not recommend this product unless you want a disposable dress and like to sew.

This is my 1st negative review too :(
on August 3, 2013
Let me start by saying that I gave this item three stars only because I was very pleased with how Amazon was to return the item. The dress would be adorable if the material was of better quality. The thread appears to be stronger than the material as it pulled right through at the seams. I read other reviews about the quality but several people stated they could reinforce the seams and it was fine so for the price I was willing to do that. Unfortunately, I didn't feel confident that even if I re-enforced the seams it would help. The issue isn't that it was poorly sewn but that the material of the dress is such that it just pulls apart at the holes where the needle and seems were.
I am returning this item and will just have to pay a bit more for a better quality dress.
on May 28, 2014
I am glad that I only paid $10 for this. Within wearing the dress three times, the seams are coming undone. The bottom of the dress frayed within wearing it twice. I even bought the dress a little larger, so she could grow into it. I am really glad that I didn't buy this as a gift because I would be embarrassed.
on December 18, 2013
This is just the basic costume, which is cute all the same. It's not too fancy though. We got this for our 3 year old daughter to play dress up with and it fits well. I don't think it will fit her next year, though.
on December 22, 2015
This style of dress up is so cute on my little girls. I have one for my 2 yr old and one for my 4 yr old. The color is so cute on. My favorite of all their dress ups. Obviously not built to last forever, but they are just dress ups.
on November 23, 2013
We got this as a Christmas present for my daughter. It was a higher quality than the other Merida dress that she ended up getting from relatives. It is a bit big on my daughter, but she's abnormally small, so that was expected. She loves this dress- and it has lasted for over a year without any rips or tears. Well worth the money.
on July 13, 2013
After reading all the reviews about falling apart - I got a little nervous about this. However, it arrived yesterday and everything looks very good. To be on the safe side, I may go ahead and reinforce most of the seams, but to be honest, it doesn't look like it needs it. The fabric is inexpensive (which is to be expected), but it's very pretty and I'm sure my granddaughter will love it and I don't think it'll come anywhere close to falling apart as some other reviewers reported
on November 4, 2015
Costume is cute and my daughter likes it. Unfortunately it didn't even last through one wear. It ripped about halfway through our two hours of trick or treating. Appears to be cheaply made as she wasn't even being that active in it.
on December 17, 2012
My daughter is a petite 3t and this fit her perfect. I think it will fit until she is 4 at least, but may be a stretch after that. Ours is holding up very well so far. I know some people had complained about it falling apart. She wore outside to ride her scooter and bike and it still held up well. She loves it. I think its just adorable. Looks great.
on July 9, 2014
My daughter bought this with her own money. We bought it through Amazon because the price was much better than at the store. She bought the dress, wig and a bow and arrow set. She had so much fun running around being Merida.