Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mary Carpenter Headphones for Everyone Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now

Size: Small(4-6x)|Color: Auqa/Gold|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on February 21, 2013
I carefully read all the reviews and prepared myself that the dress might be cheap looking with easily ripped seams. When the dress arrived, I was surprised that I hadn't read any reviews about the glitter. The blue glitter that came off of the dress was unmanageable! I gave it some good shakes outside but it still made a mess all over the house and consequentially got into my daughters' eyes. My 3 1/2 year old so very excited about getting this dress but even she she wanted to return it. If you buy this dress, just be aware of the glitter issue. Open it outside and shake it out (maybe even drive around with someone holding it out the open car window - I'm serious, it's that bad). For me, it's not worth the clean up and itchy eyes.
on June 17, 2013
I recently bought this costume for my 6 year old and the costume looks cute at first glance, but it is so cheaply made. My four year old wants me to buy her one now too but I will not waste money on another one from this company. Instead of sewing the hem, sleeves, and neckline there is just a surged stitch, which is already coming undone after one wear. Look closely at the picture of the girl wearing it one the package and notice the dress sleeves are turned under at her wrist to hide this. The fabric is horrible, it snags incredibly easily and already has snags all over the bottom gold section of the dress. The glitter is everywhere, I don't understand how this much glitter could come off one outfit, it's crazy. It is cute if you don't look closely. It undoubtedly won't last for many wears, but if you were just wanting to get one use out of it like for Halloween it might be okay for you. Don't plan on this being a good dress up dress for you little one, it is NOT!
on November 1, 2015
this dress is very cute. its not the color posted in the picture which was a disappointment to my daughter. the glitter does get everywhere, but i didn't mind that to much. I did a quick iron of it out of the bag because it was wrinkled. The dress was worn to a halloween party. By the time the evening was over she looked like she was trying to be princess jasmine not Merida. The seems came almost completely undone around the waist. My daughter was really upset about this. I ended up telling her that Merida would have done the same thing so now she looks authentic.

one time wear.

I handed the costume over to a grandparent with a sewing machine. they are going to try to get the dress attached again.

something else: the sleeves began to fray. they look slightly shredded. The material is not the best in general.

its a very pretty costume though. and if you are looking for inexpensive, pretty and for one time use (and your child is mild mannered who isn't going to play in the dress) you can consider this one.

however, if your child is a mover, a shaker or anything like Merida.. i suggest investing in another dress.
on April 26, 2016
Okay price-wise for the level of quality in the dress...what I absolutely HATE is that the glitter literally falls off the dress in handfuls when it is worn. STILL have glitter everywhere in my house, sent it home with granddaughter to fairy-dust her house with. Would not have purchased knowing that the glitter came off so easily (and yes I expected some to flake off but not most of it in one wearing of the dress).
on January 12, 2015
Daughter loves this dress, however the glitter gets EVERYWHERE, and not in small quantities. I read another review that said that and I laughed.. All my kiddo's "play" dresses seem to leave a tiny bit of glitter wherever she goes, so I figured it was like that. I was WRONG: Our couch, blankets, throw rugs... EVERYTHING has a fine layer of teal glitter. Even after a lot of vacuuming, glitter still shows up... I would suggest washing it in a delicates bag - by itself - before wearing. Otherwise, it's cute and nice for the price.
on January 6, 2016
This is such a gorgeous dress! I ordered it for my niece for Christmas and she LOVED it! She is a huge fan of Merida and though I gave her several costumes, this was her fave! The only draw back was the extreme amount of glitter that it is still getting everywhere. No fun! But an awesome dress overall!
on January 16, 2014
This dress is just beautiful. My daughter was thrilled to get it for Christmas.
Sadly, the seam around the gold border came loose the very first time she wore it and the fabric started to fray immediately.
Sewing this kind of fabric is extremely difficult, so I've used some fabric glue to hold it together. Probably won't buy again, though.
on March 19, 2013
I chose this costume for our five-year-old daughter because it was prettier than the one in the local store. And it is pretty but Halloween was nearly six months ago and this thing is STILL dropping glitter like crazy. We are experienced in the area of princess dress-up clothes but this is different. I even tried washing it (by hand) but the glitter continues to fall. It does fit our daughter well (she is a little taller than the average five year old) and she loves it.
on June 18, 2014
This dress looks so much more expensive than it was! It's surprisingly well made, and best of all, my five year old granddaughter adores it! I would highly recommend it for any princess-loving little girl.
on February 6, 2013
This fit my daughter (3.5, about 40 inches) perfectly! She loved the colors and didn't take it off for nearly a week. For the price, it's wonderful.

However, I wish it were longer and a bit better constructed with less glitter. I was wearing teal glitter for the same week my daughter refused to take it off. I understand this is a costume, and priced as such for occasional wear, but the construction could have been more long lasting.