4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, even if it is short (review of NDS version)
OK, I'm a grown-up. Probably not the right demographic for this game, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The main complaint in other reviews seems to be that it's short. Well, I didn't pay list price, and feel like I definitely got good value for the $ spent.

Published on June 29, 2012 by Puzzler

2.0 out of 5 stars Over too fast
Bought this for my 12-year old daughter. She played it off and on for 2 days and completed it. Maybe a grand total of 5 hours. Not worth the money. An average 5-year old could complete it in less than a week.
Published on June 24, 2012 by CT in New England

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, even if it is short (review of NDS version), June 29, 2012
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo DS (Video Game)

I haven't seen the movie, so the whole story was new to me. There's a bit of a lesson, as is commonly the case in Disney/Pixar products. The heroine is extremely capable and meets & conquers challenges.

There are some puzzles/mini-games--all pretty easy (slider puzzles, Simon-type mini-games, pipe connecting puzzles).

There are loads of enemies to defeat, but the heroine has skills, weapons and armor that make those battles readily winnable. There are 7 levels each of armor, bow and sword. The upgraded versions are discovered in yellow-trimmed treasure chests that are scattered thru the levels.

Golden orbs and health-restoring potions are found in red-trimmed treasure chests and after defeating enemies. Collect the orbs to buy upgrades for skills. Upgrades are available between levels.

Levels are short, so save points are not an issue. If you do quit the game in mid-level, you start from the beginning of that level.

No regrets on my purchase...enjoyed it! Now, if I could just figure out how to open the gate in the cave to get me to the last yellow-trimmed treasure chest (seems to have a sword upgrade in it) in the Coastal Cliffs level. Argh!!! Where's a smart 5-year-old when I need one?

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 year old boy enjoyed it, August 10, 2012
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
My six year old son has enjoyed playing this game. It can be difficult for him at times, but usually he can play it with no parental assistance. It helped keep him entertained during some very long plane rides, and managed to hold his attention for at least a good 30 minutes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Over too fast, June 24, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Short Lived, June 24, 2012
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
My 8 Year old daughter loved this game, she played it non stop for 5 or 6 hours, unfortunately then the credits began to role and the game was over. I really did not expect much from this game, but come on 5 hours for 30$...?

5.0 out of 5 stars She loves it!!, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
Bought this game for my 7 yr. old as a gift because the movie was so awesome! She says she loves it and enjoys playing it!!

3.0 out of 5 stars movie to video game - typical fare, November 24, 2012
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
Bought this for 10-year old and she seemed to enjoy it for awhile. The gameplay can be a little frustrating due to the size of the images and the level design. She powered through it though, but it definitely falls into the usual cliche that video games based off of movies are just sorta okay.

If you're child is a hardcore BRAVE fan and has a DS, they will enjoy it well enough.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie- Not so much for DS game, April 6, 2014
Janice L. Sakata (Golden, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
Honestly, this isn't a very good game. For video games based of movies, they usually follow the plot. This game kinda followed the plot but when did the stone creatures come up in the movie? I really loved the movie (Like Top 20) but if your planning to get this game, I recommend you rent it first or don't bother. (What ever your opinion is)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a fun game, June 29, 2012
A. Armstrong (Eagle, Mountain, UT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
We got this game for a 10 year old girl. It came with a free movie ticket and mini poster. She said she beat the whole game in 2 days. That's how much she loved it. Now she has to share it with her brother (when he is not grounded any more). We got a good deal on this game when we pre-ordered. She says the best part of the game is that there was a lot of violence. So you may want to keep it away from the very little ones. She would recommend this game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, short, and easy., April 24, 2014
Tabby (Lawrence, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I wish it were longer. I like that when you die you just appear again, so no pressure or stress. The graphics could be better; come on, this is DS! Fun overall, and I really enjoyed that her clothing and weapons could be upgraded for better gameplay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, February 22, 2014
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
Bought this for my daughter and she loves it. She said it's fun and entertaining. She's also 12 If that helps with age appropriateness.

Brave - Nintendo DS
Brave - Nintendo DS by Disney (Nintendo DS)
$19.99 $7.99