4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game
I got this for my girls, although only 4 and 5, they still really like playing the game and I help them on the jumps or other areas they have problems with. I even enjoyed playing it as well although my one disappointment was you never get to see or ride on Angus.
Published on June 21, 2012 by Joanne

3.0 out of 5 stars Short story, worth it for a little fun
In terms of the story in the game, it diverts significantly from the movie and that for me was ok. There are cute puzzles to figure out with the 3 bear cub brothers and a very clear linear progression from one level to the next. I always like going back and getting things that I miss in games and this game didn't have that. It was good and short, but not great.
Published 23 months ago by Victoria

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, June 21, 2012
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Also no where in the manual does it tell you how to activate the co op wisp. I thought I tried everything possible, I even googled it and couldnt get an answer till I called them. You just press the - button while the other player is playing Merida and the wisp pops up.
The mini games are fun to with the Elinor momma bear (you just move her around in a small area killing things that pop up) and the three little brother bears (solving small short puzzles to open doors).
Overall very fun and enjoyable game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brave, July 8, 2012
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Brave is a great action adventure that can be played single player or with someone else. One need not have watched the movie before the game, though I am sure it would be a bit more helpful to the storyline. For those curious, there are four difficulty levels, the hardest being "Brave".

You play as Merida, who can wield a sword and shoot with a bow and arrow. Basically, with these weapons, you eradicate evil, which comes in four elements. After the tutorial, where you learn to use these weapons and to jump, you are presented with portals to 8 worlds that you need to clean up. Before you go into each portal, it will tell you what items are hidden in chests that you need to collect. You collect upgraded weapons, tapestry pieces, and even new outfits.

There are also upgrades you can buy with coins at a merchant, which is pretty much a rock. The rocks are available in each stage after you defeat a boss-like creature, and there are usually more than one in each stage. Coins are collected by breaking barrels, jars, tree trunks, flowers and weird looking machines - pretty much everything that is within the path is breakable.

By the time you go through two of the stages, you will have collected all four elements. These are the elements you shoot your arrows with. Each type of enemy will have a symbol on top of its head, which indicates which element it is weak to. You need to switch to the element that is indicated to defeat your enemies faster. There are also areas within the stage that you must shoot with the specified element to create standing space. The difficulty of the fights and stages ramp up as the game progresses.

Sometimes it will switch P1 to fight as Momma Bear. It isn't frequent - perhaps twice in the first 5 stages, but fighting as the bear is easier than fighting as Merida. There are also puzzles where the player plays as the three little brother bears. The player can alternate between the bears to help each other reach a switch that completes the puzzle.

It is a great co-op game. P2 plays as a wisp, though unfortunately, the wisp is hard to see sometimes. It's blue, and slightly transparent, and difficult to keep track of when the camera takes a far away angle. The camera also follows P1, so if P2 is too far away from P1, the wisp is off the screen. When far enough, the game will warp you to P1. However, during the Momma Bear fights, this does not happen, so P2 may be playing off screen. (Fortunately, the actions P2 takes when off the screen still register, so P2 can kill enemies even if they are not seen. The enemies also seem to focus their attacks on P1, so having a P2 is a great help.) However, the selected element for the wisp resets every time it reappears - the wisp cannot ride the zip line, and it disappears and reappears every time the scene changes, which means you have to keep an eye on the bottom of your screen.

The cons are mostly graphical. Graphically, the Wii version wins no awards. Merida does not look at all like herself from the movie, or even the game cover. The world design is beautiful however, which makes me wish I played this on an HD console. There are also times when there is a huge banner that gives you instructions that pops up on the bottom of the screen. This reduces your screen view and makes it difficult to see where you are. Another con is that the game aims your arrows for you if you use the direction buttons. (You can also use the B button to shoot). This may or may not be a con for some people.

Overall, it is a great game to play and have a relaxed time. It's definitely family friendly. Unfortunately, I don't see how it has any replayability, especially if you gather all the items during your first play, which is very easy to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this game, but my daughter (six) doesn't play it at all, August 6, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My daughter LOVED Brave. She saw it several times in the theater and immediately went nuts for all things Merida. She's also a big Wii player and a huge fan of the other Disney princess games (especially Disney Tangled and The Princess and the Frog- she LOVES those and plays them over and over).

So I thought Brave on Wii would be a hit, but it hasn't been. It's a little too dark for her, which is odd since she's not usually the kind of kid who shies away from anything frightening (well, on the Disney scale). But there's something about this game she doesn't like- there's quite a lot of challenges in the game and it's only one player, which means that we can't play along with her to get her going and interested in the game. It's a lot of handing us the Wiimote and us playing for her and then her wandering off.

So, for a six year old girl, not a big hit. But I do think that as she grows, and when the movie comes out on DVD, she'll be trying it again. She does grow into her games, so it's worth hanging on to Brave because it is a nice game.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 6 year old loves this!, August 25, 2012
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
We bought this for our daughter for her birthday and she absolutely loves it. The graphics are wonderful And she can play it by herself.

4.0 out of 5 stars If buying for a kid, make sure that they like "adventure" games, July 10, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My daughter wanted this so bad. So I bought it for her. I didn't realize that she doesn't really like "adventure" type games so it's just been sitting around, collecting dust. Expensive mistake. She had the same problem with Epic Mickey 2, unfortunately. The game itself seems interesting. If she wanted to play with another person, it's again like EM2, where it's co-op, and one of the will-o-wisps can be taken over into the game.

Just giving my 2 cents based on my daughter's experience with these games. She's 7 1/2 so maybe she'll grow into them, because as it stands, she doesn't really know what to do with the characters yet. Mario type games are more what she's into, and they're pretty straightforward.

4.0 out of 5 stars BRAVE by DISNEY, March 21, 2013
Katie Did (Port Saint Lucie, Florida, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
This game is easy to learn but wish I had the "secrets". Fun for my grandchildren too. The graphics are great. Not easy to "save" to end the game for the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Game, March 13, 2013
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Our first Wii game, it is awesome. My daughter still hasn't quit playing and we are into march now. Great christmas present

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems ok, but not great for little kids., February 2, 2013
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Got this for my daughter who is 6. It is a bit too complicated for her. That said, I am sure there are age appropriate labels somewhere on the package or description that I ignored.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short story, worth it for a little fun, July 25, 2012
Victoria (Philadelphia, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, June 3, 2014
This review is from: Brave - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My daughter loves this game and shes eight. I would recommend seller and the game to anyone, the game is fun for all ages.

Brave - Nintendo Wii
Brave - Nintendo Wii by Disney (Nintendo Wii)
$19.99 $15.17