|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
"A delightful book, with some edgy advice that made me squirm a bit at times. I agreed with 90% of it, found myself arguing with the other 10%, and was completely engaged from start to finish." -- Robert I. Sutton, Ph.D, author of the New York Times Bestseller The No Asshole Rule
"BRAZEN CAREERIST has the street-smarts you need to make your career and life work for you from the start. Read it now, or you'll wish you had when you're 40!" -- Keith Ferrazzi, bestselling author of Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time
"Penelope Trunk brings considerable savvy and a fresh new perspective to the business of career success. Bold and sometimes unconventional, BRAZEN CAREERIST gives readers much to think about as well as concrete, practical suggestions that will help them know what they want, and know how to get it." -- Paul D. Tieger, author of Do What You Are and CEO of SpeedReading People, LLC
"Take everything you think you 'know' about career strategies, throw them away, and read this book because the rules have changed. 'Brazen,' 'counter-intuitive,' and 'radical' are the best three descriptions of Trunk's work. Life is too short to be stuck in a rat hole..." -- Guy Kawasaki, author of The Art of the Start --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Penelope Trunk is a columnist at the Boston Globe.
Shelly Frasier has recorded over fifty audiobooks. She can be heard narrating such classics as Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
Super good for a mom of teens wanting to have more insight to give to them. I found that some of my career advice to them is wrong.Published 5 months ago by PatriciaInCA
The book was okay. There were a few good takeaways but a lot of it was common sense or personal opinion. It was a short read and had some good points. Overall just okay.Published 15 months ago by ABickel
I love this book. Its a great motivator for the person wanting to start their own business and get out of the cubicle. Read morePublished on October 5, 2012 by Dr. Sheryl Salkowitz
Brazen careerist takes the idea of the workplace as we know it, flips it upside down and offers suggestions on how to behave in ways that are often contrary to the way many boomers... Read morePublished on May 7, 2012 by Dianne W
This is perfect for those individual who have done zero things to forward their career. However, if you have a good network you should probably skip this book.Published on January 16, 2012 by jmillage
Penelope Trunk is interesting. You want to hate her guts, maybe even kill her. But, then you know she is right. Read morePublished on October 9, 2011 by Jason M. Hrycyk
What is passing for advice these days is beyond me. I didn't buy the book, one of my younger employees did, and she was so disgusted she left in on the conference table -- saying... Read morePublished on August 5, 2010 by cla
Brazen CareeristI picked up a copy of Brazen Careerist after stumbling upon Penelope's blog of the same name, reading through the archives, and thinking to myself that this is... Read morePublished on April 6, 2009 by Trent Hamm
Short, fast read. Most of the content is available in more detailed books such as "What Color is Your Parachute?" and "Don't Send a Resume". Read morePublished on February 3, 2009 by Don't Bother