5.0 out of 5 stars Very thorough!
Published on October 25, 2011 by Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Basic Info, but I still learned a few things.
I am looking for info on how to build metal sculptures for gifts. I have basic metal working skills and was looking for more info on how to get started and how to choose materials as well as how to finish the materials to get the color and look I wanted. This book is a good starting point but no where near the volume of info I needed.
Published 23 months ago by MedicPat

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thorough!, October 25, 2011
This review is from: Brazing Metal Sculpture - 2nd Edition: A Beginners Guide (Kindle Edition)
I am a wire wrap jewelry artist and am currently expanding into brazing/soldering. There are a lot of things to keep in mind when learning, and this book definitely covers them all. It is a quick read, but worth it. I am still referencing it! I even emailed George to ask further questions and he responded within a couple hours. A definite read for a beginner and reference for a novice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Step by Step Guide, April 7, 2011
Lucy (Bloomington, IN United States) - See all my reviews
With over 40 year's experience, George Goehl has a treasure trove of knowledge to share about the skill of brazing metal sculpture. This book definitely offers more than your average how-to guide. It is in fact a master class in brazing. The plentiful photos and personal tips make each step of setting up your workshop and learning the skills needed to create a professional quality product a guaranteed success. I have had the fortune to have taken an in-person class with Goehl and his patience and warmth come through the pages of this book just like he was there himself. A bargain at any price for anyone looking to learn the art of metal sculpture!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good beginners guide, May 9, 2014
George show all of the steps required to start creating any type of sculptures in metal. He lets you know everything for the beginner or those who know the basics of welding methods. He clears up the info on welding, soldering and brazing. A good helpful book for all!

5.0 out of 5 stars short, and sweet., September 11, 2013
A nice intro, with pointers to videos online. full of good advice for the novice, and tells you enough to get started.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing useful, May 10, 2013
Jeffrey G. Penfield (Terrell, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Not useful for beginners or more experienced brazers. It was more of a demonstration of what he does. It was a duplicate of his you tube videos. You would not be able to start brazing or improve your technique by reading this. It was extremely simple and very short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Calling all beginner Art / Sculpture welders, April 2, 2013
For someone who has never brazed before and is looking in to Oxyacetylene, this book gives you an excellent 30,000 foot view on what to invest in. He covers safety and technique. This is a great starter book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Basic Info, but I still learned a few things., January 3, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting back into metal sculpture, September 11, 2014
I made brazed metal sculpture in college, and wanted to get back into it. I needed a quick refresher on the principles of metal brazing, and a rundown of what supplies and gear I needed to acquire. This e-book provided everything I needed.