5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite bread machine book
My mom had this book and I had copied so many recipes out of it, I finally just had to buy my own. She is on her second copy. This is hands down my favorite bread machine book. The Sunday Morning Apricot Bread, Apple Butter Wheat, Onion Soup Bread, Sauerkraut Rye...all big winners. The garlic-cheese rolls should be illegal. Fluffy, light, buttery...mmmmmm.
PS My...
Published on April 15, 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as Helpful as I Expected....
I bought this book because of all the great reviews on it. I can't give it a rave review.
If you've only ever made regular white bread, you may find it interesting with many different Bread Ideas....
But it came up short on definite results for any given loaf size or machine.
I have made many many types of bread for years from scratch, and still do when I...
Published on February 27, 2010 by Dollfocus

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite bread machine book, April 15, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Bread Machine Magic, Revised Edition: 138 Exciting Recipes Created Especially for Use in All Types of Bread Machines (Paperback)
PS My loaves have never collapsed or been overly salty (and I'm sensitive to that), but they do require a bit more flour. This is probably due to my machine and not the recipes, which are well-tested.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't give up on your bread machine until you try this!, December 17, 2004
Shasta's D (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
After the first year using my bread machine, I found that the recipes that came with it weren't working as well. I resorted to bread-machine mixes from the store. Until I saw this at the library. Every recipe I've tried has been great. I regret I haven't tried more but we keep making the same ones - they are so good!

The book has a great intro section that educates you about ingredients, such as keeping yeast in the freezer to extend its life. There is a large range of recipes. And, my favorite feature, each recipe gives measures for 3 loaf sizes. I have made each size based on the number eating. I am not big on cooking; this book gives great results for your kitchen time.

I am ordering a copy of this and the next book (More Bread Machine Magic). I plan on giving one to my sister and keeping one for myself. The hard part will be deciding which one to keep!

5.0 out of 5 stars Breads you'll actually eat!, February 2, 2007
Lori Harris "zeke's pal" (Cedar Falls, IA United States) - See all my reviews
After we got our bread machine, we received a 600+ page bread machine cookbook. The recipes we tried were quite involved and tasteless. I had all but given up until I read the reviews for Bread Machine Magic. The reviewers are right. This cookbook is spectacular. I've tried three of the breads already--Sweet Oatmeal, Marmalade and Oats and Oatmeal Spice-- and they all are melt-in-your-mouth fantastic. Today I'm going to make Rick's Seven Grain which I have no doubt will be another Rehberg and Conway winner. Buy this book and your bread machine will actually be used regularly rather than never seeing daylight in the deepest corner of your cupboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes in 3 sizes of loaf, July 5, 2007
Papmom (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this book with the mini-Zojirushi and it's a good combo. Each recipe has measurement for 3 different loaf sizes: one, one-and-a-half, and 2 pound loaves. The mini-Zo uses the one pound recipes. The Herb Bread recipe is fabulous. They include good tips to help you get the best results out of your machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cookbook...great recipes, February 23, 2011
I am stunned at the negative reviews of this book. If there is anything to "gripe" about, it's that this is a simple paperback with no photos. I happen to like photos in cookbooks. But it's also very affordable so you can't expect glossy pages filled with photos. I bought a Zojirushi Mini for myself for Christmas and have found that most cookbooks list recipes for 1.5 and 2 lb loaves. I am perfectly capable of recalculating quantities for recipes; I just don't want to!!! This book has a mini chart for each recipe, for all three sizes of machine. And a chart is much easier and FASTER to read than a written out recipe. I can set up my bread machine in just a few minutes more than it takes to set up the coffee maker. I stick around to check the consistency of the first knead and then I just let the machine do its job. So far I have tried a number of recipes and there have been NO FLOPS, and each loaf has been attractive and delicious. When I reviewed my Zo, I actually recommended purchasing this book as a companion since the instruction manual has only a handful of rather boring basic recipes in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dig out and dust off that bread machine, March 26, 2006
This book is absolutely fantastic. I have only had it for a month, and have already tested at least a dozen recipes, each better than the last. The recipe for Jim's Cinnamon Rolls alone is worth the price of the book, but we've literally loved every recipe we've tried. Haven't bought a loaf of bread since this book arrived in my mailbox, and I'm constantly finding an excuse to make yet another loaf. I promise you will not be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars I am totally new to bread making and this book has got me hooked!, February 10, 2009
L. Lin (Los Angeles, Ca) - See all my reviews
I am very happy with this purchase. I ordered it with my first bread machine, the mini Zojirushi bread machine. Been making a lot more bread than I anticipated because each one is always tasty and so easy.

My fave right now is the dilly deli Rye. The dilly deli Rye makes super tasty grilled cheese sandwiches! SUPERB!

Be sure to read the manual that comes with your machine! I find that the order of ingredients are pretty important. You have to put the wet ingredients in first, then the dry, then make a hole, put sugar in the well you made, then the yeast on top of the sugar. Best not to have yeast touch the salt or liquid. AND if the recipe calls for butter, I like to dice up the butter into small chunks and sort of divvy it up around the perimeter of the flour mound.

The list of ingredients for the recipes are not printed in such an order. Also, if you have some problems or wonder how to make it better the next time, there is a tips for baking the perfect loaf. I read this section and followed the advice and it really did help.

Another advice, when trying out a new recipe from the book, I would suggest that you monitor the first kneading cycle so that you can adjust TBSP at a time, amount of flour or water, to make good dough consistency. And make notes of the adjustment in the book with pencil so that next time you don't have to monitor.

I LOVE THIS BOOK and my new bread machine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bread Machine Magic, Revised Addition, June 1, 2007
The cookbook is lovely...I already had the original edition...and this new edition allows for our now larger 4-cups-of-flour 2-lb. loaves....but with all the same wonderful recipes as in the original! After using the original edition....I gave away all(and that was many!) my other bread machine books. I also bought the new edition for my cousin, as she always loved my recipes from the original edition. And, as always, Amazon.com is the best! Always find what I want and more....not to mention the wonderful service. I just love Amazon.com! Judy J., Gresham,OR.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, May 31, 2006
We have made many of the breads in this book, and they are wonderful. We have only had minor problems with one or two recipes, and they were easily fixed using the trouble shooting section. It has a nice variety of types of breads, so you can make a little bit of everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for first time bread machine users, March 24, 2010
Amy W. Boucher (Independence, Virginia) - See all my reviews
I considered a lot of books when I bought my Mini-Zo breadmaker and chose this one based on reviews. It was an excellent choice. I have had both for at least six months now. This book has a wide variety of recipes and helps you get started, learning to follow directions. Then you can branch out with some creative additions, once you get your confidence. Each recipe is given for three sizes of loaf, so it is perfect for the Mini-Zo, which makes a one-pound loaf. It has a lot of rye bread recipes, so if you like rye, even better. But if you don't, like me, there is still plenty to choose from. I make notes in the book on each recipe as I make it so I can remember how it turned out, and tab the ones I like with sticky notes. Buy it -- you'll like it.