From the Back Cover
"Ernest Adams has been around the gaming block many times; his industry insights coupled with the developer war stories should give any aspirant that extra edge to break into the game industry." --Jason Della Rocca, Program Director, International Game Developers Association
Practical Advice for Landing the Job You Want!
Join the fun! Learn how to become part of the excitement and creativity of game development--one of the hottest and most profitable industries today. Author, game designer, and producer Ernest Adams takes you inside the game industry, then delivers an action plan for you to break in--even without any game industry experience. Get great career advice and learn the different jobs that are available. Whether you're a curious gamer, a student, or a career changer seeking immediate help, this handy guide provides the information and insider advice you need to land a job in the game industry.
- Learn how a game is built and published
- Understand and acquire the skills you need to get into the industry
- Discover the inner workings of the game business
- Get your foot in the door as a game tester or with other entry-level jobs
- Exercise your creativity as a game designer, artist, producer, or programmer
- Get the right education for the job you want
- Gain insightful advice from more than 20 industry professionals
- Includes hundreds of useful resources for job seekers
About the Author
Ernest Adams’ experience includes over 12 years in the game industry as a lead designer, producer, and software engineer. More than 8 of those years were spent working on the very successful Electronic Arts (EA) Madden franchise. In addition to being a founder of the International Game Developer’s Association, a former Director of the Game Developer’s Conference, Adams writes a well-respected game design column for the popular game industry portal, gamasutra.com. As a high-profile member of the game industry, Adams speaks regularly at the Game Developer’s Conference and has been profiled in many publications including The New York Times.