Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Breakfast Comforts (Williams-Sonoma): With Enticing Recipes for the Morning, including Favorite Dishes from Restaurants Around the Country
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on August 20, 2011
I have hundreds of cookbooks and I love breakfast as does my family. If I had to narrow down which cookbook I would keep as my go to for breakfast recipes this would be the one. The instructions are clear and concise, not hard to follow, so whether you are an experienced cook or novice, you can follow these recipes. The photos (which I always like in any cookbook, I want to know what it should look like when I am finished), are spectacular. You eat with your eyes and these pictures will inspire you to try your hand at the recipe offerings. I have made several of the recipes for my family, Eggs Blackstone (featured on the cover), Huevos Rancheros, Cinnamon Rolls, Apple Fritters, etc ... all of them turned out perfectly and all I had to do was follow the recipe (I always follow the recipe to the letter the first time before I tweak anything ... these didn't need any tweaking, it was that good). The cookbook is organized nicely into breakfast categories so if you are looking for egg dishes, sides, from the griddle, sweets, it is there for you and easy to find. The ingredients used aren't exotic, you should be able to find what you need in your local grocery store. Truly a treasure trove of recipes that will delight your palette and range from sophisicated to just fun !
on August 7, 2011
Williams-Sonoma Breakfast Comforts by Rick Rodgers is the best breakfast cookbook I have ever purchased. Not only are the recipes amazing, all the photos in the book are equally inviting. The restaurant recipes are fantastic too. It makes me want to hurry out of my warm bed to whip up one of the featured breakfasts. I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with this book. It should be on the best sellers list, if not already!
on June 14, 2011
Breakfast Comforts definitely lives up to the title. How scrumptious the recipes are (and the pictures, you'll salivate just looking at them). My husband and I are big breakfast fans, we'll eat it for dinner. I recommend the blueberry muffin recipe. Delicious! I bought this at Williams Sonoma retail store for full price and it was worth it, but it is discounted on Amazon so that is even better.
on July 8, 2011
This is a really well written recipe book with wonderful pictures. I have made the cherry turnovers and the banana bread, and have gotten rave reviews. Simple ingredients, that are easy to find. Highly recommend.
on January 7, 2012
In theory I love a Big Breakfast, all those yummy, fried foods and yeast goods - in reality the fat/calorie load is too over the top for me to consider cooking breakfast more than a couple of times a year. Today was the perfect excuse, I host a family meal near my birthday every year and this year wanted to do breakfast - great chance for me to try out a range of recipes from my copy of Breakfast Comforts on my captive victims...

I love WS books, they have a beautiful photo for every recipe; nice, heavy quality paper that can handle the need to wipe up the odd spill. So, yep, just love, love them.

This book is broken up into the following chapters:

- from the griddle
- eggs, glorious eggs
- sweet treats
- savoury delights
- on the side
- drinks
- basic recipes
- index

There are a few restaurant featured recipes in each section.

Each recipe is formatted with bolded ingredient list running down left side of page, with step-by-step instructions on the remainder of the page. Most of the recipes have a short introduction, which personalises the recipe and is a feature I really like in a cookbook.

Recipes I had a go at:

Cinnamon Rolls (p.115): after reading the blurb on Hell's Kitchen, I decided that I would use the dough and cinnamon/sugar recipe from Pecan Caramel Rolls (p.116), but finished with the cream cheese icing (p.115). Though I have strayed from my basic sweet dough recipe a number of times over the years, this is the first time that I have found one that I prefer. Love it and will use it again. I did complete the second rising of the dough in the refrigerator overnight and they were beautifully risen and, after a little warming up, ready to bake this morning.

Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Breakfast Loaf (p.124): This is the only recipe I had made previously from the book, I think it was even better this time around - I did the second rising in the fridge overnight, as above. This loaf is perfect for toast also.

Tomato Tart with Basil and Ricotta (p.145): It's mid summer here in Australia and the basil is thriving in my garden, unfortunately my tomatoes are not up with the program, but I can get good early season ones at the market. Loved this tart, the ricotta/egg/cheese/basil base was a really great complement to the tomatoes. I used freezer puff pastry rather than the quick puff recipe in the book to save time. Worked great. Definitely will be making this again when my tomatoes are ripe.

Cheese and Chile Skillet Cornbread (p.195): This recipe had 2 things that I loved right off - corn kernels, and not as much fat as my usual recipe. I did not use the quantity of chiles listed in this recipe, other than that I stuck to the rules :) I made the cornbread last night and reheated, wrapped in foil in a low oven this morning. Still stayed lovely and moist. I will make it again, but will reduce the maple syrup by half, and increase the salt a little to make it a bit more savoury.

These recipes really rounded out my breakfast along with the old standards. We loved it and I will definitely cook them again along with a number of others I am keen to try from the book.
on October 27, 2012
I love this cookbook! Ingredients are normal things you would have in the pantry or buy at the store, steps are easy to follow, pictures make everything look delicious! So far I have tried the potato pancakes, caramel rolls, applesauce, buttermilk pancakes, and waffles. Everything has been a "make it again" success. Highly recommend!
on January 12, 2013
I love cookbooks. This one is great. All the recipes I've tried thus far have been delicious (especially the pumpkin waffles). The pictures are great (I hate cookbooks without pictures). If you like more gourmet breakfast foods this is a good choice.
on October 10, 2011
My husband and I love this cookbook! Breakfast this morning came out of the cookbook and it tasted like dessert. Easy recipes with great pictures that make you hungry just flipping through. I usually wait for cookbooks to be on sale, but I would buy this book again and again.
on January 6, 2012
Another fabulous book from Williams-Sonoma, lots of delicious and creative reasons to make it to the breakfast table. You'll love presenting these to your family On Christmas Day.
I own a bed and breakfast and am always on the look out for a new recipe. I'm particularly interested in food that has a real "wow!" factor when presented on a plate.

The two recipes I've made from this book (which I've owned only a week) have been fantastic. I made the asparagus eggs with proscuitto and the potato pancakes and both were wonderful. I am only waiting for my pears to ripen before I make the pear bread pudding.

The ingredients are those you can find at a regular grocery store and the recipes are written in a succinct and easy to understand fashion.

Several of the recipes are from favorite breakfast restaurants throughout the United States and my next experiment will be the sweet potato pancakes from a diner in Atlanta.

I cook breakfast almost every day of the year. Sometimes I feel like I might have to scream if I see another scrambled egg or waffle. This cookbook has actually made cooking breakfast fun again.