Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Breaking Bad: The Final Season
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on September 2, 2013
Breaking Bad is a once in a lifetime, rare example of the type of show that raises the medium of television beyond the pit of mediocrity it usually resides in. Folks, please don't pass this one up - it may be a long while before another story of this caliber comes by again. This is a series that I will always cherish, and not just for the obvious reasons like the superb acting and the high stakes narrative -- but also for the fact that it gave me hope for the future of television, and the media's potential overall, to serve as a platform for talented writers and actors who actually have something inspired to say about the world we live in.
2727 comments|561 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
In my opinion, "Breaking Bad," is the finest series ever produced for television. This doesn't mean that everyone who watches it, is going to like it. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, and it would be unfair for me to say that this show is "the best," for all viewers. With that said; I can unequivocally state that in "my opinion," this series is the finest and most creatively written one that I've seen in my 65 years on Earth. The plot, the writing and the acting are beyond anything that I've witnessed before. Vince Gilligan, the creator of "Breaking Bad," has produced a series that will undoubtedly be regarded as a masterpiece for all time.

For me; everything else that I've watched or am watching on TV is a letdown after seeing this show. The fact that Gilligan came up with the idea to write this series, boggles the mind, and proves to me that he's a genius. Not only did he come up with the idea; but he also managed to find the perfect actors for all of the deeply complex roles. Each character, especially Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, do such an incredible job, that you'll find it difficult to believe that they're acting at all. Bryan Cranston, as "Walt, takes acting to a whole new level. In my opinion, his performance in this series is the finest and most mesmerizing of any actor in history. Supporting actors/actresses, Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte, Anna Gunn, Bob Odenkirk and Giancarlo Esposito also do a superb, incredible and very believable job at their roles. Odenkirk provides some humor, to an otherwise very dark and serious show. "Breaking Bad" is intense, jaw dropping intense, and as mentioned, at times darkly humorous. Vince Gilligan's decision to have Bob Odenkirk play the role of lawyer Saul Goodman is a stroke of pure genius. The fact that Gilligan incorporated such a funny character into such a dark show, speaks volumes about his ability to balance the depths of despair, the lowest of the low, with a little bit of humor. Who else could come up with such a script and character development as Gilligan does. In my mind, no one; he stands alone. Adding Giancarlo Esposito, as "Gus" to the mixture puts this series over the top, way over the top. When all the pieces are put together; those who enjoy this series, will undoubtedly find that this is a show like no other. It is the best of the best of the best. Quite honestly; it defies perception that a show of this caliber made it to a television network. The final season is a glued to your seat, mesmerizing series of events.

All I can say to those who have yet to watch this series, is to give it a try. If you like the first two episodes of Season 1; you'll no doubt be in awe at what follows. No; you'll be more than in awe; you'll be staring at your TV for several minutes after each episode, incredulous at what you just watched. I'm sad to see this incredible show come to an end. Hopefully, someday, someone will come up with another series of this caliber. In my opinion; it won't be anytime soon. As previously stated, but in need of repeating; "Breaking Bad," is a masterpiece for all time.
2626 comments|386 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon August 14, 2013
THE FINAL SEASON Blu-Ray set contains the final 8 episodes of the series, plus bonus materials (including an alternate ending).

LIST OF SPECIAL FEATURES:
1. "Blood Money" Table Read - A rare look at the only final season Breaking Bad table read.
2. Cast and Crew Commentaries on Every Episode
3. Featurettes
- The Main Event
- The Final Showdown
- Life of a Show Runner
- Behind-the-Scenes of the Alternate Ending
4. Alternate Ending - A 3-minute alternate version of how Breaking Bad could have ended.
5. Deleted & Extended Scenes
6. Gag Reel
7. Walt's Confession
8. The Layers of a Sound Mix
9. Over 15 Episodes of Inside Breaking Bad
10. Uncensored and Extended Episodes

*****

There are technically only 5 seasons of Breaking Bad. But season 5 has been split across two years.
- The first half of Season 5, or "5A", aired the summer of 2012.
- The second half of Season 5, "5B", is currently airing in summer 2013 (some places have referred to "5B" as "Season 6", given the year-long gap between air dates - but officially it's still part of Season 5).
- Both "5A" and "5B" contain 8 episodes each, for a total of 16 episodes.

This "Final Season" blu-ray/DVD set will contain only the last 8 episodes of the show, airing in Summer 2013 ("5B") [this has been confirmed via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment]. The product should really be called "Season 5 - Part 2", or something like that, but I suppose that doesn't have the same marketing impact as "The Final Season".

"The Final Season" set does NOT include the first half of season 5 that aired in 2012 ("5A") - so if you have not done so already, you are going to want to buy the "Fifth Season" blu-ray set, which contains those first 8 episodes:
Breaking Bad - The Fifth Season (2 Discs Blu-ray + UltraViolet Digital Copy)

With both sets, you will own the entire 16 Episodes of the Fifth Season.

It was a bit confusing how Sony/AMC handled this. I suppose the likely reason for "5A" and "5B" is because the show was to end after 5 seasons, so if they had called it "Season 6" perhaps there would have been all sorts of contract issues and re-negotiations.

*****

Breaking Bad: The Complete Fourth Season [Blu-ray]

SEASON 5 - PART 1
Contains first half of the Fifth Season (also called "5A") -- 8 Episodes
Originally aired 2012
Breaking Bad - The Fifth Season (2 Discs Blu-ray + UltraViolet Digital Copy)

SEASON 5 - PART 2
Contains second half of the Fifth Season (also called "5B") -- 8 Episodes
Originally aired 2013
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (+UltraViolet Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]

COMPLETE SERIES
Box set will contain every season of the show -- 62 Episodes
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
2424 comments|394 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2013
Breaking Bad is the best show I've watched on TV in Years. It is so well done, it's absolutely riveting. The script is so good and the actors so perfect, I can't take my eyes off the screen. The actoring is excellent and nuanced. I have watched Seasons 1-5 so far and am now going through them a second time, with my husband who is on his first go round. Even though I know what's coming, I'm seeing things I missed before and enjoying even more.
This is truly the most engrossing series ever. It is really hard to turn off...you'll want to marathon. I've actually watched a whole season in one day...it's crazy good. I just hate that there is only one more season to go, starting in early August on AMC, and am still amazed I didn't know about BB until a few months ago. This is a must see!
2424 comments|215 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2013
The character development and story are so intense and carefully crafted. Not one word is ever wasted. Not one scene is ever wasted. To experience a series go this far and not have filler episodes, like so many other series do, has to be applauded. BRAVO! The writers drink from a deep well, and the actors know it and show it.
44 comments|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2013
It took the genius of the Walter White character to come up with the ingenious plan to get everything done he did. It also had addressed the main character being honest with himself about his actions. A point of moral resolve that was needed. This is the ending of a series that will be talked about for years. It will set the bar for future series finales.
on August 19, 2013
This 48 minutes goes by so agonizingly fast. Before this season, I just waited for it to be available on NetFlix, then I would do binge watching. For these last episodes, I decided to pay for them through Amazon so I didn't have to wait. I forgot what normal T.V. watching is. I hate it.

I hope the writers continue to use our own psychology against us. I sure does make a person think. Or it should anyway.
on August 12, 2013
Breaking Bad is one of the greatest tv series ever written. It will be heartbreaking to see the series finale. I wish it could last forever. I fell in love with it.
11 comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2016
How can a simple man become a inhuman being? There is many outlets of thought on this series. It stands true to the money rules the world, and love can dictate how the need for a bunch of money can drive one to inhumanity. Many of us would have died had we been terminally diagnosed with cancer. Many of us, the ones who live check to check in this world would have left it, had they been residing in Walter Whites' shoes without the ability to figure out the things the man had to figure out. This was a series, yes, but a series that could portray many different outcomes, and possibilities. I like the final season, although the whole series in succession shows the power of love, the power of money, and how obtaining that money can create the change as the seasons pass. It was inevitable how this story was to end, but on its way it manages to show us many different aspects of life on the way to destruction, and teaches us that whether it be drugs, or politics, or anything else that might turn an honest man's head we have to know that the music that we arrange might someday have to be played.
on October 3, 2013
Just a perfect ending to the greatest drama produced for television (in my eyes) a spectacular run from the first season till the last.