5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping, romantic thriller, November 23, 2005
This review is from: Breaking Cover (Paperback)
Breaking Cover is a sensitive, romantic portrayal of transgender transition plus it boasts the added elements of suspense and mystery to boot. Throw in a main character who gets his dream of working as a spy in the field and a race against time to stop a terror attack, and the reader may forget to eat and sleep while reading this book.

Jenny takes her time to build her characters, making them realistic and believable - people with feelings that all of us can identify with.

I couldn't stop reading until the end.

Highly recommended read. Great writing Jenny, and thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Cover, February 12, 2009
This review is from: Breaking Cover (Paperback)
I am usually not one to write a review, but I loved this book so much, that I thought I would try and make an exception.
The dialog is exceptional (actually some of the best I have encountered in recent years) and funny and the persons are highly likeable and well filled out. I am usually very adverse to stories told in first person as some of the suspense disappears and I often find it quite difficult to get as close to the main character as in the typical third person stories. Not here. I was hooked after just a few pages and really felt with Steve on this roller coaster of an emotional trip from a colourless life as a fairly lonely office man to a life as a female undercover agent with lots of excitement and new friends. I really liked the interaction between Steve, his friends and his general surroundings and how they all tackle the changes in his life. The book is well worth its price and I really hope that Jenny Walker will return to Steve and his universe in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Read, December 11, 2005
This review is from: Breaking Cover (Paperback)
I've enjoyed Jenny's work since she first started writing. This book reaches past any one genre and takes you on a trip thru a man's need to prove his worth to his coworkers and his fears of where the journey will ultimately leave him. I loved it from beginning to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Cover, January 3, 2006
Stacy (Indiana USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breaking Cover (Paperback)
This is a wonderful story. It may have a TG theme, but the author has done an excellent job with an Action/Spy/Mystery novel. It has a well done plot, it flows smoothly, has action where needed, and nothing is overdone. Jenny Walker ties it all together in an excellent story. It is well worth the dollars in my entertainment budget

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Cover, December 27, 2005
This review is from: Breaking Cover (Paperback)
This novel keeps you in suspense as two completely different stories unfold. The spy v. spy thriller delivers on its promise while the story of the emerging transsexual educates -- much like the DaVinci Code.

It's not your ordinary bestseller, but well worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, December 31, 2012
beachbud (Atlantic Beach, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breaking Cover (Paperback)
Breaking Cover, as all of Ms. Walker's novels, is a most intriguing read. I have read this book three times since purchasing and will read again soon. BC is difficult to put down once you start reading. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys romantic adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST TRANSEXUAL STORY, June 17, 2012
BREAKING COVER BY JENNY WALKER IS THE BEST TRANSEXUAL
STORY THAT KEEP YOU READ MORE AND NEVER GET BORE.
YOU NEVER GUEST HOW IT ENDING. AFTER I READ THIS BOOK.
I WANT TO READ MORE.

4.0 out of 5 stars revetting, May 2, 2011
This review is from: Breaking Cover (Paperback)
Like the other reviewers I found this novel to be on the edge of your seat revetting with interesting characters. However I didn't like the ending at all. It was a real let down at the final denoument for the main character.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transgender Spy Thriller, February 2, 2008
This review is from: Breaking Cover (Paperback)
I have to say that this is one of the best spy thrillers I've read in a long time. It keeps you guessing right down to the end. I also appreciated the transgender subplot to the story. In this aspect, it is one of the best I've ever read. You won't find a better story of this type on Amazon.

Breaking Cover
Breaking Cover by Jenny Walker (Paperback - October 25, 2005)
$25.86 $23.27