5.0 out of 5 stars The Tool For Change! Must-Read
Dr. Joe Dispenza's first book, Evolve Your Brain, was in my opinion, a fantastic book, yes it was a bit heavy in some parts, but I loved the science in it. Obviously, off course, some people simply skipped to page 381, to skip the "science stuff" and read the chapter starting on that page "The Art and Science of Mental Rehearsal". "Breaking The Habit Of Being Yourself"...
Published on March 2, 2012 by Josh Manzione

1.0 out of 5 stars Now children, stop fighthin....
Published 4 months ago by MC

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bible of Personal Development!, February 28, 2012
This review is from: Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One (Hardcover)
Absolutely should be classified as The Bible for Personal Development! Dr. Joe did a fantastic job of presenting the scientific part of our mind and body in a way that we who are not scientific, can easily understand and follow. More importantly, he did a great job focusing on the "How To" aspect of breaking out of the old "habitual" self into a "new you" while presenting the methods in a very systematic and simple to follow format! Kudos!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, Life-Altering Information, February 26, 2012
I can't get enough of Dr. Joe's message! This book is fun, easy-to-read, and jam-packed with amazing information. Dr. Joe delivers the "Change your thinking, change your life" message with a hard-science spin that will win over the most determined skeptic (which was once ME). I have been looking forward to this book for a couple of years now, and it didn't disappoint!

1.0 out of 5 stars Now children, stop fighthin...., May 4, 2014
This is a false 1 star rating. I would really give this book a 5 star rating. I want to address all those folks who read the positive and negative reviews. In the 1 star rating you will find a bunch of "brain expert snobs" cat fighting about the inaccuracies, etc. in this book. It may be a bit oversimplified and the wording may be somewhat redundant. But for some of us folks sometimes things said in certain ways may make more sense to us than in other ways. I find this true for me. And the simplification helps a lot too. I was drawn to this book because after several events in my life I wanted to change. I just didn't know how. I am working with a councilor too. I am in too much emotional pain to bog myself down with a bunch of wordy crap I can't understand. I also need to keep hearing things over and over again so they will sink in. If you want to make changes in your life you have to start somewhere. This seems to be a good place to start. It can be a good spring board to bigger and better things out there. So don't listen to all the "brain expert, hoity toity's " out there. This book is helping me a lot in what I am trying to accomplish and I hope it helps you too.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS A MUST READ!, February 20, 2012

Every since Dr. Joe Dispenza appeared in the movie What The Bleep Do We Know!? I have been fascinated by his ability to explain the world of neuroscience and how the brain works in such a way that even a child can understand. Many authors and speakers out there today are talking about changing your reality but rarely they teach you the tools on how to do it. In this easy and fun to read new book Dr. Joe not only gives you the knowledge but actually a step by step guide on how to change. As an EFT practitioner myself, this book is must read for me and I highly recommend it to all of my clients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book and Guided Meditations, Appropriately Named, June 30, 2012
I couldn't put this book down and was even more enthralled after downloading and experiencing the guided meditations...

Dr Joe Dispenza thoroughly understands brain function, frequency, brain chemistry and is well skilled in teaching such knowledge. Just follow his directions, stay present and do it. There is a reason for every part of the guided meditation and that is well explained in the book. After 4 weeks, I've already experienced impressive results from doing the guided meditation processes and practicing the specific given technique throughout my day.

These carefully designed guided meditations offer a thorough road map that allows us to rewire our neuro net, by removing old programs and emotions that keep us chained to our past then replacing them with a new ideology, the person we would like to become in our own future timeline.

I recommend to read the book and go forward from there. Such an opportunity for change and growth at a small cost but an invaluable investment in yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Helpful Book I've ever Read!, March 23, 2012
I actually had a psychic recommend this book to me, and apparently she was a very good psychic because this was exactly what I needed. When I first got it, I kind of thought, "Another self-help book among thousands," but this is not just a self-help book. This book explains the negative patterns that repeat themselves over and over in our lives, and it's so encouraging because I had such a traumatic past, and I feel like I've spent my entire life trying to cure myself with "positive thinking" and could never understand why it didn't work. (Probably everyone reading this book has been trying that for years). Dr. Dispenza explains exactly why we have those patterns in our lives--like addictions--and how they started & why they can't be cured simply by positive thinking. He tells you exactly what steps to take if you really want to change, and if everyone read this book, I think the entire planet would be changed for the better! Thank you, Dr. Dispenza! This is the information I have been looking for my entire life! It has made such a difference!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bridging the gap..., February 15, 2012
Fantastic read! Creative, informative, and with 'real world' examples that make understanding neuroscience and applying its principles to our lives a breeze! Thanks you Dr Joe for bridging the gap I have been searching for that melds ancient wisdom with modern science. A fantastic read for anyone interested in taking 'back' control over their life and breaking free of self limiting thoughts, feelings and actions that keep us from evolving into the person our heart desires us to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile read, my copy is all highlighted, June 13, 2012
I first read Dispenza's "Evolve Your Brain" which I felt was very technical, scientific, complex, and extremely worthwhile reading, because it so clearly explained the science of our minds and brains and thinking processes, it was worth the toil of reading it. It was not a book written for dummies!
Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself was also worthwhile reading. It was a much easier read than "Evolve Your Brain" having been published by Hay House and intended more for the self-help crowd, many of whom wouldn't take the time to read "Evolve Your Brain" (which, unless you have a medical background or are uncommonly smart, is not the kind of book you can breeze through in a few days - it took me a few weeks).
Anyway, "Breaking the Habit" was full of gems on every page. My copy is so dog-eared and highlighted, and I will certainly return to it for inspiration and insight throughout life.
One (of many) things he wrote about that really helped me was how we "talk ourselves out of greatness" just at the point where we're metamorphosizing from our old self into our new self, because we're afraid and try to go back to what we knew, even though it wasn't making us happy. That has helped me many times when I've gotten frightened while starting my private practice in counselling and wondered if I should give up because it's "crazy" to try to start a practice etc etc... really it's just scary to aspire, change, and be something greater than what you've ever been, but what, in your heart, you've always meant to be and wished to be. He provides so many insights into our behavior and thought patterns, and demystifies it, and makes it so understandable, and of course, the better you understand your behavior the easier it becomes to transform it. A very worthwhile read. I created my own hypnosis recordings, partially using the scripts he provides in his books. I read a few people on here complaining that they had to buy his recordings on his website, which was not true. He provides that as an option. He does NOT peddle or push it, and he provides the full scripts so you can record them for yourself, which I did because I am a professional hypnotherapist and can create my own recordings. In any event this book is definitely worth reading, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., February 28, 2012
A really inspiring "how to change your life" book. Loved it and this book has made an immediate and big difference in my life and my families!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, But Not Great Either, May 6, 2012
Despite the intriguing title and positive reviews by other readers, I found the actual book to be a disappointment. It, like many other current books, uses recent research about brain structure, function, and especially plasticity, to make a case that being who we are is a habit we have formed--a habit we can break if we choose. Then it lays out a series of meditations to help in breaking the old habit and forming a new and better self. The problems for me were these:

The book is wordy. It could easily have covered the same content in half the pages, and the reading would have been more interesting.

It's a bit dumbed-down. Many other books do a better job of explaining the research that has been done and what it shows--better in detail and better in clarity. Dispenza says often that he doesn't want to overwhelm the reader with too much science. I myself would have welcomed more.

The meditations are OK, but not strikingly different or more useful than many others.

For a first book on this general topic, it's not bad, though there are many better ones out there. If you've read a few, don't expect anything new.

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›