Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Breakout Novelist: Craft and Strategies for Career Fiction Writers
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on April 20, 2011
This is becoming a theme in e-books from the Kindle store, and I suppose in a 99c book it's excusable, but this book is full price and clearly never received a final proof.

The publishing house should be embarrassed and the author should be furious.

Every few words there is an extra space inserted in a word. I can only assume it's the hyphenation breaks from the press version translated as spaces in the e book. It's distracting and ruins the experience.

Once or twice it was dismissible but it just keeps going and I have to stop and reformat it as I read (mentally) which yanks me out of the reading experience. if they plan to charge as much for the e version as the print version they really need to respect their readers and give it it's own pass at formatting. Not treat us as a tertiary revenue stream, because I for one will never buy from this publisher again until I know this is addressed.

Writers Digest Books, as an insider publisher, really needs to be more professional. It looks like amateur hour to me.