Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Breakthrough Business Development: A 90-Day Plan to Build Your Client Base and Take Your Business to the Next Level
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on September 29, 2011
Before reading this book my financial practice had reached somewhat of a plateau. I would have to reach out to clients and constantly push product for new sales. This was a very inefficient way to go about business. I would be exhausted and irritable at the end of every work day. I was not enjoying my job. Then, I read this book. The idea that resonated with me the most was becoming the "trusted advisor". I changed my day to day activities from constantly pushing product to offering a relationship that would be mutually beneficial to my clients. Not only has business improved; clients contact me asking for investment advice, as well as personal advice! I am no longer exhausted from a typical day. In fact, I'm motivated every morning to go and interact with clients and strive to be their trusted advisor.
on December 14, 2008

Purchased the book and started reading imediately.

First warning sign this was not a 5 star was the admission that nothing new was contained in this book. How right they were.

The book while well written to give you reasons to address the more customer relationship side of business development fails to provide the systematic approach infered.

Each chapter ends with a go to our website and download the templates (none to be found there, nor is the website monitored very well) or go to our other website for consulting services. The book appears to be a series of advertorials strung together to sell their products and services --I expected more from Wiley Publishers, maybe the editor was off that day.

I would suggest if you're looking for something practical and implementable you look into Get Clients Now!(TM): A 28-Day Marketing Program for Professionals, Consultants, and Coaches or one of Alan Weiss's books on business development. While more expensive, a much richer source of ideas you can use.
on May 24, 2016
Item arrived promptly. Looking forward to learning more from the business pro, Duncan MacPherson!
on March 3, 2016
This is a must read book for financial advisors serious about reaching the top of their game.
on February 18, 2016
So far good.
on April 17, 2014
Great book to take your financial practice to the next level.Read it at least twice...it's concise and to the point.
on September 13, 2010
I've enjoyed the ideas expressed in this book. A quick read, but some great information to consider and they offer worksheets on their website.
on August 14, 2008
I like how the author explains every detail pretty clearly with examples. Interesting points here and there. I like this book!