5.0 out of 5 stars IMPRESSIVE SECOND PROJECT
Probably the best way to evaluate this CD is to break it down. VOCALS -- What can we say? Her voice is distinctive, soooo smooth, calming, and her singing style enhances the message of each song. PRODUCTION AND ARRANGEMENTS -- sonically clean and nicely textured, although a bit "busy" on some tracks. On some of the more upbeat songs, it was almost like listening to...
Published on August 25, 2009 by Doctor Jay

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down
Man I hate to say this, but I had much higher hopes for this album. Her debut CD was a breath of fresh air and each track was written brilliantly. This disc, however, has a different feel to it. The light and airy feeling is still there, but the lyrics are annoying in their predictability and simplicity. This seems like an effort that is trying to be more mainstream,...
Published on September 9, 2009 by Conrad E. Gjovik

1.0 out of 5 stars Purchase "Deluxe VERSION" Instead! More Tracks!, November 25, 2012
-THIS IS NOT AN ALBUM REVIEW, BUT A NOTICE OF AN AMAZON ISSUE FOR YOUR BENEFIT-
Yet to purchase this album, but Amazon has some issues with this artist's listings, as I found out when purchasing "All of You". With this album, Amazon has the standard version, the deluxe edition, and the deluxe -version- which has two extra tracks on it.
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Colbie Caillat: Breakthrough (plus 5 bonus tracks), October 19, 2012
Superb album and definately worth purchasing the extended CD version. Some very catchy tracks and an album that is instantly likeable

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't claim to be a music aficionado, but I like this, January 9, 2012
ARH (The Shadow of the Tetons) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Breakthrough [Deluxe Edition] (MP3 Music)
Like many people I was introduced to Colbie Caillat when her song, Bubbly, hit the radio. I liked the upbeat tone, the fact that the song was not over-engineered, and that it in its simplicity just had a feel-good flavor to it. Then a little while back I was poking around Amazon and saw that this MP3 album was on sale for $4.99. Heck! Why not give it a shot!? I didn't know the songs, so I listened to the samples, and then I hit the "Buy With 1-Click" button.

Once the tracks were downloaded I opened up iTunes and set up a Colby Caillat playlist and hit "play". I had the volume set fairly low because I just wanted some background music as I worked in my office. Before I knew it it was 5pm and that album, plus "Bubbly" (which I already had) had been playing for hours. It turns out that for me this album works extremely well as background work music.

Normally if I'm listening to music as I work I occasionally get distracted by a track or two here or there, but that didn't happen. I don't say that as a negative, but, rather that the set of tracks on this album is exactly what I was hoping it would be.

I really like Caillat's style. It's simple, generally happy, and easy on the ears.

5 stars.

P.S. Why would anyone buy the non-Delux Edition? This one has 5 extra tracks on it. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth music, February 16, 2011
First Colbie music I have heard. Well writen music. Easy listening smooth mellow voice. I listen to the album a lot more than I thought I would.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as her previous album, September 25, 2009
James N (South Africa) - See all my reviews
If you enjoyed Coco then you won't be dissapointed. Same lovely voice with good melody and heart felt lyrics.

5.0 out of 5 stars a "breakthrough" in great music!, August 24, 2014
Paul Forchione (North Kingstown, RI) - See all my reviews
Amazingly good CD. Nice that can get as mp3 for no extra charge. Colbie has such an easy listening and uplifting voice and presentation in her singing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album Ever........., September 10, 2010
This review is from: Breakthrough [Deluxe Edition] (MP3 Music)
Just fantastic. I could listen to her all day & night. Smooth voice. You can hear every word she sings. Can't wait to hear her next album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colbie does it again!, August 20, 2010
This review is from: Breakthrough [Deluxe Edition] (MP3 Music)
An absolutely fabulous album. Her voice has come so far since when she started. The lyrics of the songs are so thoughtful and her smooth, rich voice compliments the music so well. A++++!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good 2nd Album, October 13, 2009
A Kid's Review
I LOVED Coco and this 2nd album does not disappoint. It's definitely worth the extra few dollars to get the Deluxe Version with 5 additional songs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Muy Bueno, October 1, 2009
Stevo A. O. Gonzales (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) - See all my reviews
Mantiene la linea del primer disco, vale la pena uno no se cansa de escucharlo.

Breakthrough [Deluxe Edition]