Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: HardcoverChange

on June 29, 2014
The authors are coming out with a 2016 version. This edition, while beautifully written has a terrible CD attached that has to be opened via a special program- which opened in my system with numerous warnings about security vulnerabilities. The photos on the CD and in the book are mostly outdated and not what I expected for a book that is so pricey. But the authors, who are eloquent writers, present breastfeeding science in a clear and precise way. If you are going to splurge on a book, get the new version of this one.
on April 22, 2012
The kindle version gets you study guide for the price of the textbook! I'm sure its a mistake but until it is fixed buy hardback.
on July 11, 2012
This is still not fixed. This will not download the text but rather the study guide. Don't be fooled, continue to buy hardback!
on April 7, 2011
I purchased this book to study for the IBCLC exam which I am planning on taking this summer. I have gotten through about 5 chapters so far and it has been great. Very clear, informative and interesting to read. It can be technical at times but being an RN with a lot of medical background it hasn't been difficult to follow. If you do not have any prior medical knowledge it might be a little tough to get through. I also purchased the study guide to get the online review which is the same as the book but they keep track of your scores and is much easier then dealing with the study book. Overall a great book for any IBCLC and I am happy to have it be a part of my lactation collection for future reference.
on January 17, 2010
I bought this book as a requirement for an online graduate course I'm taking this sememster. Amazon sold the book much cheaper than the college bookstore. It arrived in pristine condition earlier than expected. I LOVE this text book. Must have for future lactation consultants or medical folks that want more info on the exciting topic of human lactation.
on April 28, 2012
This issue has obviously not been resolved yet. I purchased the kindle just for this reason. They tell me it's the publishers responsibility to resolve it. But Amazon will gladly accept your money if you buy this defective kindle version. This is really frustrating as I only have a few months left to study for the exam.
I give it 0 stars!
on February 8, 2014
Purchased in preparation for my IBCLC exam. This lactation reference is a must have for any practitioner working with infants and mothers.

I've been a neonatal RN x8 years, CLC x4 years and recently passed my IBCLC exam :)
on October 14, 2010
This book is very well done. Riordan and Wambach have done an excellent job with detail and explanations. The pictures are first rate.
on July 22, 2009
This book has it all, and you *know* you want it! I have been totally happy with it so far!!
on October 30, 2014
A really good resource for my lactation education certification!
I enjoyed how the information was provided and didn't feel monotonous for me. It might not have everything like the LLLI book (The Breastfeeding Answer Book) but if used with other breastfeeding books, this is really good!
I like the diagrams in helping to understand hormonal secretions that helped in explaining why directly feeding the baby is the best a mother can do.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse