Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on July 21, 2015
This book is a decent review of how breastfeeding moms make milk and how to increase production. It talks about some reasons why some moms really may not be able to make milk and helps them problem solve. Ultimately, though, it all boils down to one thing (minus any hidden issues): the more milk removed, the more mom makes, and the better removal in the beginning after baby is born, the better chance a mom has to make the most milk she needs for her baby. Helpful, but I would suggest reading before baby is born if possible to avoid some of the pitfalls new moms might run into-usually as a result of poor advice from others who don't understand milk production or breastfeeding.
on June 26, 2013
This book really helped me understand why I'm not making enough milk. There is great advice in here for how to make more milk successfully. I recommend this book for anyone struggling with milk production, or anyone who is pregnant. I wish I had this book before I needed it, as I think it would have helped me to get my body prepared.
on March 26, 2014
This book was very insightful and a great tool for identifying issues that affect milk supply , as well as ways to correct them Every mother that plans on breast feeding should have this book available.
on August 6, 2013
We are expecting our second child in December and with my first son I had difficulty with my supply. I wasn't aware of all the advice, options, etc that was out there.
This is a very easy read with an abundance of information, even more than I realized. Covering many issues not only with yourself but also with your child. I love how it doesn't just say to only place baby to breast but also ways to pump as a way to supply the milk for your newborn.
This is a must read for those of you who either have tried and was not successful with nursing and for those who will be expecting their first and who are even considering offering your own milk.
on April 18, 2014
I like this book but hindsight is twenty twenty and I wish I had read it before I had the baby. Many suggestions are for implementing before birth. So it is not just a how-to manual for after the baby is born and you discover issues with milk supply.
on April 4, 2014
I grabbed this book because I was certain my supply was dropping after returning to work. it helped me a great deal. I better understood what was going on with body and felt empowered to address the issue. I pumped more regularly, fed the baby more, and ate galactogues. within a few weeks I was back on track and had a more solid understanding of what I needed to do to maintain my supply as my baby grew and her eating and sleep patterns changed.
on April 29, 2013
My birth experience was not the greatest. I planned a natural birth and ended up with an emergency c-section. I was nit able to spend those critical fir s t hours with my baby because she was in the NICU for our stay in the hospital. My milk didn't come in right away so my mother purchased this book for me. There was a lot of good information about how to make more milk (just like the total suggests) and I found the topics interesting. I would recommend this book to anyone.
on February 20, 2011
Love this book. It gives you good insight of why some moms might have low milk supply. However, i would encourage the author to research the link between adrenal fatigue and low milk supply. The adrenal glands control most hormones (aside from the thyroid) that help with low milk production. Also research the hypothalamus and in-depth nutrition regarding fruit, which contains the sugar fructose and has been linked to insulin resistance overtime and this can lead to diabetes and obesity, among many other things. To those of you who would like to research more, i encourage you to read up on sally fallon, robert lustig and gary taubes. Their main issue is diet but it has a great impact in low milk supply.
on March 19, 2011
This book is a great resource if you're having substantial problems with milk supply. It's very thorough. I especially loved the tips about dealing with nipple problems - there was one trick in there I didn't know that worked brilliantly with an inverted nipple. However, I just wanted something that could help me boost my supply a little bit for pumping, and it's really not for that. Also, as a caveat, make sure you do have a problem with supply. I thought I did, but it turned out, my baby had gastroreflux and just wanted to eat constantly to deal with that. I had been giving him a bottle because I thought he'd actually exhausted my milk supply (he would cry but still want to nurse, and come on and off the breast). Once that was diagnosed, it turned out I realized supply wasn't the problem.
on February 14, 2014
I got this book and another from the Le Leche League for my wife. While the tips are good, they're fairly straightforward tips you can find online. The biggest thing is schedule, diet and lowering stress on weather or not you will make more milk. The book goes a long way to address those concerns for new moms.